Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PSYCHO NITRO BLAST II - The Relapse Feb 6-8 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

After seeing the videos of last years event I knew I had to attend at least to just watch.

I'd love to race... but I don't know if I can make myself put my vehicle on such a wicked track!! I just think that some of the features while absolutely amazing and fun to watch.. are just too hard on a vehicle.

I'll atleast be attending to watch... Don't know for sure yet about racing though....
Old 12-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

DavidR - The only thing on the track that was tough on the cars was the Leap of Faith......seriously. We are not having the Leap this year, so do not worry. We fully expect the track to be even more fun than last year, but without the carnage.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toolmbx6
DavidR - The only thing on the track that was tough on the cars was the Leap of Faith......seriously. We are not having the Leap this year, so do not worry. We fully expect the track to be even more fun than last year, but without the carnage.
Plus you have to be smart when racing, the winner of last years Pro Truggy didn't even do the leap of faith, he double-single'd it and won easily. Others were doing backflips and getting the ooh's and ahh's but they didn't win. Absolutely a great time. if you like to race you'll love this set-up. Great people (Dave and Ollie), great trophy's, great prizes (lots of kits), great dough (500.00 for first i think) and a great time. I know 1 person thats not going back (he came in last in Pro) and i know at least 50 that will be back, that's great percentage's.
Guys if you need some help just let me know, Marshalling,track prep, announcing, or anything else i'll be there.
Also my skills have improved by a lap or so but if possible i could use a 5 lap head start if that's possible.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How bout now, Time to race yet
Old 12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bren - Thanks for the offer. Just like last year, we can use all of the help that we can get. We have already transported many of the items needed for the race to the arena. Almost all of the work will happen on tue-thur on the week of the race. Painint, assembling, track building, packing, watering, putting calcium on the track, timing loop installation, monitor wiring, etc. LOTS of work....any help is a huge load off.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This race keeps sounding better and better!!, There is a group of us Canadians coming down and were itching for nitro!.. All this SNOW here lol.. im a little bummed no leap of faith it looked fun. anyways keep us posted on any more infomation that comes out!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Alright then... I'll go ahead and put my entry in and bring my stuff.

If I get there and the track looks good I'm sure I'll have to race... I'm just a little anal about taking care of my equipment and I've got a fresh new Losi 8T with all the goodies that I'm really not ready to break yet. LOL...

Which brings me to my next question... I know the event is called the Psycho NITRO Blast... but will 1/8 Scale Brushless conversions be allowed to enter?

Let me know.

Thanx!!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default PNB tires

What were the tire of choice last year.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Hotel information is now up on the PNB site. Best Western is our host hotel and are offering some good deals for the race weekend. Make sure you tell them your attending the race to get the discounted price.

www.psychonitroblast.com

Tire of choice for buggy was:

panther K2 soft
proline Bowtie m2 and m3

Truggy:

Panther Gator soft
Proline Holeshots

some other guys can chime in as well and give you their recomendations. I spoke with some panther and proline team guys and that is what they ran.

DavidR-- Ollie is right, Track will be as fun as last year with some cool new features and the surface is going to be awesome and easy on the equipment. Just get plenty of sleep!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Dave, are we gonna hold out on telling people about the "special" feature for Friday afternoon?
Old 12-09-2008, 03:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

OK Well how about the Brushless question?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

No electric will be allowed to run in the nitro class. Earlier I thought that it might be possible for this year but there are some advantages that electric has over the nitro guys e.g. flame outs, run time, speed ect. I just don't think it would be fair for the nitro guy's.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Can't wait for this race! Got my entry in via RcSignup.com.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yeah.. I will agree that we have a few advantages...

But we also have one big disadvantage... to run a 30 minute or more main we will require a battery change. (More like anything more than 15 minutes.)

This will equal at least a 30 second pit stop.. versus the 5-7 Second pit stops needed by nitro vehicles. I'm considering actual time in the pit... Not time in pit lane.

Will there be an Electric class or do I need to convert my stuff back to Nitro for this event?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

You make good points, but for a big race like this is would cause controversy I promise you. I would convert to nitro. maybe an electric class in 2010

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.