Community
Wiki Posts
Search

be honest

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I would say run the rc8 until you can make an informed decision or afford the next buggy you decide on.

They are all great cars and all can win. I would love to try all the other cars but I don't have the funds or time, and since I'm a diehard ae guy I love my
rc8 just for that reason. I don't find it slows the car down with a bit of slop, and like someone said new bushings and inserts, possibly pins will take care of it.

I have found the car to be a beast in the durability department. I've ran anywhere from 8-10 gallons thru the thing, and only broken 3 parts at least one due to stupidity.

If I could afford another car the one I would love to try would be the new xray. Supposed copy of the losi, and from what everybody says the losi would be the perfect car for the way I drive, and it would come with xray quality. That would be sweet.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It looks like the MBX6 may have the same diffs has the RC8.........Mugen looken good
Old 10-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, I ended up buyimg a new MBX5R, why you ask, well, it is a proven platform, all the bugs have been worked out, it is a MUGEN, and was cheeeep now that the MBX6 is out
Old 10-08-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Not a bad choice at all... the Mugen MBX5 series of buggies are very good... all of them... MBX5, MbX5 Prospec and MBX5R... very capable, great quality and tough as nails
Old 10-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like the fact i can take the slop out of the RC8 very cheaply... tie rods once in a while bu mainly cents things like the wheelbase bushings and fron camber bushings.... it's actually inexpensive to take the slop out although it does slop quickly but rather than gradually develop slop and dread the cost you can take it all out in one quick painless hit and keep it relatively tight.

Check out the costs, the main one is the castor hubs although they go last, against other cars. You should be able to well under $20.

Rear wishbones are the only issue, even then they are not really expensive compared with other cars... plus AE parts are never far away.

I do understand looking at other cars and i keep doing so, particuly the 808 but when the RC8 is sweet... it's just soooo sweet