Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adam Drake talks about the new 8ight 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I think Integra is saying "Total" is what the instruction sheet's chart says anti-squat and toe will be, and "Real" is what it actually is if you use the instructions sheet's chart.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Wall
So should I be looking at Total Anti and toe or REAL Anto and toe. I am confused.

the REAL #'s are the one's you want to base your set-up off of....I just listed the sheet ones to make it a little less confusing.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Thanks! What about the kickup in the front, what effects does more or less have?

Last edited by David Wall; 12-25-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

losi_racer- I would start with the kit set-up, but run the shorter front camber link.

Bogi- Yes, some of the guys are running Smart Diffs, but they are very limited right now. Dan and Colby run different set-ups.

David Wall- Start with all 0's in the front. For the rear run 1's up in the front and 0's in the back. More kick will be better on rough, slick tracks. Less kick works well on smooth tracks with lots of grip.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Adam Drake
David Wall- Start with all 0's in the front. For the rear run 1's up in the front and 0's in the back. More kick will be better on rough, slick tracks. Less kick works well on smooth tracks with lots of grip.

Happy New Year!
Adam, thanks for the reply, just what I was looking for!!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Mel
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
I think Integra is saying "Total" is what the instruction sheet's chart says anti-squat and toe will be, and "Real" is what it actually is if you use the instructions sheet's chart.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default cleaners?

Hi Adam -

I am curious to your method for cleaning up your buggy/truggy? I have been using simple green followed up by WD-40 and an air compressor...i have also heard of using orange pledge to clean up after a race.

I also have seen people use SC1 motorcycle cleaning spray as well...

What is your prefered method?

Thanks for yur time
Old 01-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default GRP Engine - Losi 8 - engine mesh problem!

Hi guys, just got my Losi 2.0 with a GRP Engine but I am having trouble with getting it to mesh properly. I've tried aligning it loads of times but it just seems to not be quiet enough for my liking - is this a common problem for a new car/engine as I have not run it yet?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

if it's a new kit just make sure your play between the two is set correct. It will probably still sound less than perfect so get it running so the two can wear in and things will smooth out and sound much better.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HiVoltg12
Hi Adam -

I am curious to your method for cleaning up your buggy/truggy? I have been using simple green followed up by WD-40 and an air compressor...i have also heard of using orange pledge to clean up after a race.

I also have seen people use SC1 motorcycle cleaning spray as well...

What is your prefered method?

Thanks for yur time
i use the simple green, garden hose, wd 40 method....
Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default new front spindle carriers?

Hey Adam...Die hard losi driver... Been driving losi since they had trailing arms!!
Love the old 8T, look forward to the changes to the new 8T.

I can't see the difference in the old part # spindle carrier and the new. The rake seems the same as well. Is there a difference? I bought them as a tuning option part for the 8T because I figured there was probably some difference since part # changed.

Help an old guy out!!!

Thanks guy
Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alright guys,

For 2 months now Alan Burton and Adam Drake of Team Losi have been working on designing a Losi 2.0 buggy that could set a guinness world record for jumping the longest distance and landing it without crashing. They have been working with the engineers at losi to develop a car that would approach speeds of 70 mph and have the right suspension package to withstand the impact of the takeoff and landing without upsetting the car. Well, at Losi anything is possible and it appears after 2 months of work they have done just that. They will be using a Losi 2.0 chassis with a newly designed 40 tooth spur gear and 20 tooth clutch bell. A new rear wing has been designed to accommodate for the increase in speed. Losi hard XBT tires with firm Foams, Nitrotane 30% fuel and a GRP .28 highly modified motor and pipe will provide the power. The Losi is capable of speeds in excess of 70 mph so it will be something to see when these cars hit the ramp.

Alan approached me some time ago and wanted to know if we could build a ramp that would get them the distance. Well you know the answer to that and what better race to do the jump than the Psycho Nitro Blast. The jump will take place during friday practice at 3pm outside of the arena on the access road. The PNB will be building a seperate drivers stand and constructing the ramp that will send Burton and Drake the distance. The ramp will be roughly 4 feet high and 24 feet in length. Its going to be ONE BIG RAMP!

It is free for anyone to come and watch. You will not want to miss this, it is sure to be one heck of a spectacle. If you know Alan Burton and Adam Drake, they will be shooting for 200ft plus. We are very excited to see these guys go for it and you know at the PNB, Nothing is ever to big or crazy enough!!!!!

(repost from David Leikam)
Old 01-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by toolmbx6

Alright guys,

For 2 months now Alan Burton and Adam Drake of Team Losi have been working on designing a Losi 2.0 buggy that could set a guinness world record for jumping the longest distance and landing it without crashing. They have been working with the engineers at losi to develop a car that would approach speeds of 70 mph and have the right suspension package to withstand the impact of the takeoff and landing without upsetting the car. Well, at Losi anything is possible and it appears after 2 months of work they have done just that. They will be using a Losi 2.0 chassis with a newly designed 40 tooth spur gear and 20 tooth clutch bell. A new rear wing has been designed to accommodate for the increase in speed. Losi hard XBT tires with firm Foams, Nitrotane 30% fuel and a GRP .28 highly modified motor and pipe will provide the power. The Losi is capable of speeds in excess of 70 mph so it will be something to see when these cars hit the ramp.

Alan approached me some time ago and wanted to know if we could build a ramp that would get them the distance. Well you know the answer to that and what better race to do the jump than the Psycho Nitro Blast. The jump will take place during friday practice at 3pm outside of the arena on the access road. The PNB will be building a seperate drivers stand and constructing the ramp that will send Burton and Drake the distance. The ramp will be roughly 4 feet high and 24 feet in length. Its going to be ONE BIG RAMP!

It is free for anyone to come and watch. You will not want to miss this, it is sure to be one heck of a spectacle. If you know Alan Burton and Adam Drake, they will be shooting for 200ft plus. We are very excited to see these guys go for it and you know at the PNB, Nothing is ever to big or crazy enough!!!!!

(repost from David Leikam)
That's going to be pretty cool. Can't wait to see all the youtube videos of the attempts......

Best of luck to Adam and Alan on this.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Adam, just got back from the Colonel's Winter Classic over in Savannah, Ga. They had nearly 150 entries, warm sunny weather and a nice track to race on! They had some computer issues that made for a late, late night but in the end and after some sleep I had a great time and will go back

Had the "east coast" top talent on hand along with many guys who were running well. After qualifying it was:

Travis Dupree- Losi, 12 laps 5:13
Barry Pettit- Mugen 12 laps 5:15.??
Ryan Lopez- xray 12 laps 5:15.??
Shane ogden- Losi 12 laps 5:16
Alan Burton- Losi 12 laps 5:17

It was a very close field on saturday. In the end the losi 2.0's held together well and worked very well on the fast, but technical layout. The track got really hard and had large and small bumps through all of the fast sections. I think this was a huge help having all of the additions on the 2.0. When all was said and done it was Team Losi holding the top two spots after the late night 30 minute amain. After leading nearly 18 minutes and having battles with Dupree he ended up moving on to take the win with me coming by in second place. I hope to have some video for you guys to watch soon. This was a very fast paced race and for sure a great show!

Losi was 1 and 2 in both pro buggy and truggy!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default temping the motor

Ok, i have a dumb question for anyone to answer. i know where to temp the motor but where do you point the temp gun? The plug or the side of the head in the plug chamber? Ive been pointing the gun at the plug, am i doing this right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.