Old 04-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MadRussian
They only come with the diff cups..
I know what you didnt do, lol
grub screw

Almost!

Well ok, not even close.

I broke in my new motor on concrete. It heated up the piston enough to melt the plastic. But let's just keep this n00b story between you and I, k?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

LOL I hit a piece of 4" tall rebar stake that surveyors had left on the corner of my property running WFO, it flipped my Z-Buggy up in the air about 15 feet, and put a big gash in my right lower arm, but still didnt break it
I need to take a pic of it, and I have ran 4 races on it like that

I was so pissed I didn't even bother fixing it for racing (this was during practice). I run Slash also, that's my fun no frills entertainment racer...and just in case one car is unrepairable I have another.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Czolgosz
Almost!

Well ok, not even close.

I broke in my new motor on concrete. It heated up the piston enough to melt the plastic. But let's just keep this n00b story between you and I, k?

The reason why I guessed grub screw was when the Z-Car 1st came out people didnt know that you need to adjust the "disc" brakes (cars/motorcycles auto-adjust via hydraulic fluid) and the back one would wear even with the plastic, and then of course the plastic would melt then, as its not a very good brake pad
Old 04-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mad is the ETA on the long chassis still mid May?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

As far as I can tell, yes.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

I will have a Pro Truggy @ the Wiregrass Indoor Nationals, not to race because I am not getting it until Thursday and there is no way to build it and hope to set it up paint it etc before the race, realistically....unless there is a painter there with paints and an airbrush
Anyway it will be in our booth, if you want to check it out
Old 04-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just thought id share...

The original ZCAR body wore out so i got this Proline Crowd Pleazer for the Kyosho 777 that fit well. The nose had to be cut off. I mounted it to the shock tower with a plastic block. Screw through the back of the shock tower, then the nose piece screwed down into the plastic block. It was a pretty good fit. Painted by my usual guy, Justin Peoples of Urban Kolor Legends.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Pretty cool, Joel. Justin can throw down some paint!
How does the body fit along the Z-Buggy's lines on the bottom; the MBX5 is too wide, but ok on the front area.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Pretty cool, Joel. Justin can throw down some paint!
How does the body fit along the Z-Buggy's lines on the bottom; the MBX5 is too wide, but ok on the front area.
Not too wide. The body is about 3-4mm wider than the car. The pipe and the servo/rx box tray dont touch the body. It looked pretty good on the track this past saturday racing!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

I bet
I have found the J-Concepts D-8 body to be a great fit, I have 3 of them at our painters getting the Z-Army treatment
Old 04-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

I bet
I have found the J-Concepts D-8 body to be a great fit, I have 3 of them at our painters getting the Z-Army treatment
paul, does the jconcepts d8 body have a recess right where the steering servo arm on the z-car is? The proline shift body has it and that is the only place that hits anything, the steering rubs it but doesnt cause any problems due to its shape

Joel, good to see you are still running the z-car after the article was done. when you gonna do article on the truggy? You should fly me out there to help you with it!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

I do not know, the bodies are still at our painters
Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ShagNastyEk9
Joel, good to see you are still running the z-car after the article was done. when you gonna do article on the truggy? You should fly me out there to help you with it!!!!
I dont see a need up getting a different buggy right now if im keeping up with RC8's, D8's, MBX6's, 8ights 2.0's, and MP9's. This is with the stock shocks that are working great. I think ill email Degani to see if he has any spare big bores he wont mind giving me.

Im mostly an onroad guy, but i am getting better on off-road. Right now im consistently finishing top 3 in a fast bunch of sportsman racers. Last saturday there was a low turn out because there was a JBRL racing going on at another track, so they stuck pro and sportsman together, and i was only 2-3 seconds slower laptimes than the pro's, so i think ill be confident enough to bump up to the pro class soon.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I am still running Sportsman too, my 1st buggy race ever was the PNBII in the beginning of feburary but another month or 2 and I will be moving up if I keep getting faster like I have been, I am not too far off of the Pro times.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the ZMXB 8 and the ZMXT 8 100% Made in the USA?
I don't see anywhere on their website saying that they are.
I just wanted to know because I would like to run an all American Truggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.