Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC8T or Jammin X2

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i want a picture of a x2 on a scale the x2 is no where near lighter then a rc8t.
ive driven a pjx jammin and the rc8t slaughters it. it handles better jumps better and turns better. and for those that say the pjx and the x2 arent the same they are ythe same truggy but the jammin is wider because they had to use there motor mount wich has a huge footprint. so all those people that claim the x2 is lighter i want a picture of it on the scale
Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BigAlz
lol great.. i send cash out for a rc8t.. and then you guys come with the real world answers ? hahah i guess ill just have to stick with having the 2nd best truck out
dont feel that way ive driven them all and the rc8t is far the better truggy of all of them
Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i will get back to you on the weight tomorrow, we weighed the kyosho, rc8t, x2, mugen.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

the rc8t is 9 pounds 11 ounces mine weighed in at 9pounds 13oz with mugen wheels and bowties in mtr
Old 11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

My RC8T weighs less, 9lb. 8oz. w/body & LPR crimefighters on stock wheels.
The weight of the tires and wheels surprised me at just shy of 2lb
Old 11-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
all true ..... driven the rc8t yesterday good truggy turns great but i wont compare it to the jammin...jammin is faster nor i campare it to str-r.. the losi 8t is the almost comparable to the rc8t but soon that will change when losi bring out the 2.0 version

hey Max by any chance you know roughly what the run time you friends get on fuel on the X2?

The mileage we are getting is unreal....we filmed 10:40 track running on a huge track with loose deep dirt and a 200' straight..and returned with 30 cc of fuel..... That is my race modified JPX 21 on a JP4, Picco medium plug and OD 30% and stock X2 clutch..a full house Jammin ride LOL.......... radar the setup runs 45 MPH and has acceleration like a 28 ..... the X2 is off the hook, i absolutely love the Truggy !! i love how it jumps, it hangs low and lands with zero drama, just hooks up and goes...

heres the video we shot, i did edit out some of it... we would have finished the tank but we were getting eaten alive by Mosquito's so we called it a day at 10:40, the driver was getting all bugged out !! LOL so any odd wipeouts were where the driver was swatting off the swarms of bugs that were attacking us....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sk_G...eature=channel
Old 11-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheesecake
dont feel that way ive driven them all and the rc8t is far the better truggy of all of them
i was just being a smart a$$ man, im coming into truggy class from 5 years of rubber and foam touring .. i think the rc8t will like the more smooth driveing style i think i have ...lol..i never once thought the trucks would be night and day diffferent .. it will be kool, if i dont like it .. then ill get rid of it ..and get something else
Old 11-07-2008, 07:14 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

that motor is within an inch of his life, lotta off throttle too. he'd get even better mileage all that said if he'd put an egg under his trigger. sometimes i wish folks could sit in a real car and have some1 use the gas like that.

again, saw more hub retainer ring failures causin folks to drop outta heats. and subsequently tryin to find fixes.

R

PS-To AE's credit they now have a truck we should all be gettin instead of these space rovers with teretts (loved that comment)...
Old 11-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
that motor is within an inch of his life, lotta off throttle too. he'd get even better mileage all that said if he'd put an egg under his trigger. sometimes i wish folks could sit in a real car and have some1 use the gas like that.

again, saw more hub retainer ring failures causin folks to drop outta heats. and subsequently tryin to find fixes.

R

PS-To AE's credit they now have a truck we should all be gettin instead of these space rovers with teretts (loved that comment)...
Why you keep talking about the hub pins falling out I have a nitro rc8t and electric rc8 and I beat the $h!t out of both of them and let other people do the same I have never had a problem with any of the pins coming and have never heard of anybody else that i know that has a rc8/t having the issues you keep talking about
Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have never seen anyone have trouble with the rings. If you want added protection you can put a little shoegoo on them.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ultegrasti

R

Which motor is within a inch of its life ? are you referring to the motor in the video ? If by chance you are I can assure that motor is not within an inch of its life, its running a good tune and temping an average of 210.... That particular motor runs like that day in and day out and never misses a beat...just like CLOCKWORK !!!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Maximo
Which motor is within a inch of its life ? are you referring to the motor in the video ? If by chance you are I can assure that motor is not within an inch of its life, its running a good tune and temping an average of 210.... That particular motor runs like that day in and day out and never misses a beat...just like CLOCKWORK !!!
Sounds on tune to me..

Hey Maximo arn't all motors withing an inch of their life... or a fraction of a millimeter anyway, half a turn in moves the needle a mm or so and its a gonner!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

all of maximos motors sound like the end of there life but they scream for gallons on end. if i didnt go brushless i was goingto order a jpx from him
Old 11-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

OT here...

but wanna hear a screamer, listen to this V-Spec i did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbyKJB9BAFE
Old 11-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default my rc8t run's great

i have an rc8t that i just left the losi 8t for and so far it's been great. no slop handles great. shaved time off my laps. it's still pretty early only had it just over a month. but i like it better than my x1 or my 8t. by the way anybody want to buy a losi 8t with a grip of spare parts.lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.