Community
Wiki Posts
Search

opinions please on engine issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default opinions please on engine issue

I have been having an engine issue the last two weeks, I have a new RB S7 with about a half gallon through it. The problem I have been having is when I top it off with fuel, the motor will barely run, like there was fuel forced into the engine. If I lift the lid the engine will clean out and then it will be fine. The engine seems to run hot 250/260, and the rpm's will not climb predictably, and just seems to not make enough power. Also this engine has never flamed out. It will idle for ever. Any ideas?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trlprk
I have been having an engine issue the last two weeks, I have a new RB S7 with about a half gallon through it. The problem I have been having is when I top it off with fuel, the motor will barely run, like there was fuel forced into the engine. If I lift the lid the engine will clean out and then it will be fine. The engine seems to run hot 250/260, and the rpm's will not climb predictably, and just seems to not make enough power. Also this engine has never flamed out. It will idle for ever. Any ideas?
rich the high speed about 1/18 then see out that dose
sounds like its a tad lean and gets for hot and this sleeve expands
and no compression try and see what happens
Old 09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://mrcr.ca/Documents/Ron%20Paris...ral%20Tips.htm

Best thing I've ever read about nitro engines
Old 09-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkey
rich the high speed about 1/18 then see out that dose
sounds like its a tad lean and gets for hot and this sleeve expands
and no compression try and see what happens
+1

I learned quickly these engines (RB's) like it rich on the bottom end.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Ron was the man !!!!!! r.i.p. ron , you are missed
Old 09-19-2008, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
+1

I learned quickly these engines (RB's) like it rich on the bottom end.
they good thing about these engines is that they dont stall when at idle for a long time like some other engines
Old 09-19-2008, 04:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trlprk
I also want to tell you with your RB run it rich for the first gallon. RB's are notorious for long break in periods atleast a gallon. After that your going to have 1 long lasting running like a raped ape in heat with its pants on fire engine. She will not show you her real power till after a gallon. It usually happens this way. You will run the car one day kinda dissapointed in the power cause your near the gallon mark and your expecting the explosion. You will put her away a little frustrated cause your not seeing what you paid for. You will bring her out again and BAAAAMMMMM!!!!!! She is going to explode it will amaze you it won't be the same engine that you put away frustrated with. I don't know why it does it like this but it just does. I have had a couple now and it's the same way every time. I don't heat cycle my break ins I just follow the RB method and keep it rich for the 1st gallon. I run my buggy alot to the tune of about a gallon + a week atleast. Put 7 gallons on my S3 in a month. It's still running very strong with great power. I got my WS7 because I wanted more top end and it has plenty of that. Just take your time with it through the 1st gallon was the best advice I got about these engines. About to get a C6 I really like RB's realiabilty and performance. There are alot of good engines on the market with alot of claims about whose the fastest. When it comes down to it and all the B.S. is on the track its about the driver not the engine. Fastest only counts on a dragstrip besides how many tracks have you seen with a 50 Yard straight?