Community
Wiki Posts
Search

your WTF moments in RC

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Here's my best one from eons ago......

Just got my gold pan RC10 together, and running. I was excited to get it running, and had it in a parking lot running it around (bear in mind i was a kid at the time). Next thing I know it gets run over by a truck! Now being a kid at this time, I freaked out, thinking the car is toast. Get the truck off the car, and get it, and start going through it. The only thing that happened was it broke the rear shock tower!!

I still got the car too!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Last edited by Ashley Cobb; 10-06-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

using an air compressor as a hair dryer out of the shower...
Old 10-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default "It's electric! put it back on the track!"

There is some funny shit on this thread... So I don't feel so bad about my WTF moment.

I was marshaling a monster truck race one night, now granted 99% of the racers at this track run nitro. We rarely have electric classes.

So I was marshaling this qualifier standing just off the track next to some triples talking with some other guys and this TMaxx comes over the last of the triples and flips over. I quickly ran out and grabbed it to flip it back over and did not hear it running or see any smoke. The kid driving it was real courteous as he never once stabbed the throttle while I was marshaling him. So I picked it up and thought that he had flamed out, so I ran off the track with his truck and looked up at the drivers stand and the kid started running down to see what was the matter with his truck.

After he got down I was just about to hand him his truck and the guys I was standing there talking with asked me what I was doing, I said it flamed out! They laughed and said, "It's electric! put it back on the track!"

Turns out there was a kid there with an EMaxx and they mixed him in with the nitro class.

De De Dee!

Last edited by HookaMega; 10-02-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HookaMega
There is some funny shit on this thread... So I don't feel so bad about my WTF moment.

I was marshaling a monster truck race one night, now granted 99% of the racers at this track run nitro. We rarely have electric classes.

So I was marshaling this qualifier standing just off the track next to some triples talking with some other guys and this TMaxx comes over the last of the triples and flips over. I quickly ran out and grabbed it to flip it back over and did not hear it running or see any smoke. The kid driving it was real courteous as he never once stabbed the throttle while I was marshaling him. So I picked it up and though that he had flamed out, so I ran off the track with his truck and looked up at the drivers stand and the kid started running down to see what was the matter with his truck.

After he got down I was just about to hand him his truck and the guys I was standing there talking with asked me what I was doing, I said it flamed out! They laughed and said, "It's electric! put it back on the track!"

Turns out there was a kid there with an EMaxx and they mixed him in with the nitro class.

De De Dee!
theres alot of funny sh*t in this thread....BUT THATS F**KIN FUNNY
Old 10-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

So I was marshaling this qualifier standing just off the track next to some triples talking with some other guys and this TMaxx comes over the last of the triples and flips over. I quickly ran out and grabbed it to flip it back over and did not hear it running or see any smoke. The kid driving it was real courteous as he never once stabbed the throttle while I was marshaling him. So I picked it up and though that he had flamed out, so I ran off the track with his truck and looked up at the drivers stand and the kid started running down to see what was the matter with his truck.

De De Dee!

WE HAVE A WINNER

man thats gotta be the best yet LMAO big time
Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So I was marshaling this qualifier standing just off the track next to some triples talking with some other guys and this TMaxx comes over the last of the triples and flips over. I quickly ran out and grabbed it to flip it back over and did not hear it running or see any smoke. The kid driving it was real courteous as he never once stabbed the throttle while I was marshaling him. So I picked it up and thought that he had flamed out, so I ran off the track with his truck and looked up at the drivers stand and the kid started running down to see what was the matter with his truck.

De De Dee!

Great Story, that was belly laughs funny, but my favorite so far is still the guy who filled his diff housings with diff fluid, and didn't realize he needed to put the fluid inside the diffs, That shit had me laughing for hours!!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by Ashley Cobb; 10-06-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Great Story, that was belly laughs funny, but my favorite so far is still the guy who filled his diff housings with diff fluid, and didn't realize he needed to put the fluid inside the diffs, That shit had me laughing for hours!!
I have to agree, I still crack up about this.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jaz240
that was a little funny but I rolled my eyes more thinking what happened to the instructions- but the electric 1 could be a mastercard ad

1. e-maxx monster truck $xxx
2. radio gear,motor bateries etc $xxx
3. entry fee$xx
4.being put in with the nitro class and having you car pulled from a track by a marshall thinking it had flamed out- PRICELESS

Old 10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Turn on your speakers for this, if you're at home.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0ukD-kJaU
Old 10-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

at that video up there

*THUMP*
*jingle jingle jingle*

haha
Old 10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phixd
at that video up there

*THUMP*
*jingle jingle jingle*

haha

Yep,get a broom and dust pan.........what the hell were they thinking putting something solid near a car that fast?!?!?!?!?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by Ashley Cobb; 10-06-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

What I did yesterday needs to be posted here. I drove into Circle K's parking lot, with my real car (Kia Sorento SUV) The parking lot had a huge puddle in it, and I braked, and thought to myself, if I drive through the puddle, I'm going to get my servo's wet! Jesus! I'm losing my mind, I need a new hobby, lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.