Search

Novarossi questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tofst4uvette
Nova guy`s, I have a question.
I made it to a 20 min b-main over the weekend and instead of leaving the settings alone on my plus 21-5 hot mod, I richened the needles thinking it would be running great by the end of the main.
what I did was add the 8 mm restrictor, richen the LSN 2hr and richen the HSN 1.5 HR.
3 laps into the main it flames out. my pit guy doesn`t know how to adjust needles so I tell him to just re-start and get me back out.
3 laps later she flames again. oh I was using an rb #6 plug.
did this happen because it was to rich?
I am going to look at it today.
It sounds like you changed restrictors? what was in there before? You must do some retuning if you change restrictors.

Rex
Old 09-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by houston
1.5 - 2.5 turns out on lsn , idle as low as it will go without dying within 20 sec. . high speed needle anywhere from 3.5 to 4.5 turns out . 8mm res. , odo 77 , mccoy mc8 or nr 6 plugs (if they are fixed, which i believe they are) , dynamite 086hs pipe .(053mr pipe with short header for truggy on short tracks)!! = fast !!!!!
happy motorin guys,
Monty

Houston, from what you wrote it seems that Novas like running a hot Plug, most of the plugs you suggested are hot plugs bar the NR 6 (medium). All this time I was under the assumption that NR like a warm plug at the least and on blistering hot days it was wise for me to move to a cold plug No 7. Unlike the OS Vspecs they seem to thrive on P3 in almost all conditions.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tofst4uvette
Nova guy`s, I have a question.
I made it to a 20 min b-main over the weekend and instead of leaving the settings alone on my plus 21-5 hot mod, I richened the needles thinking it would be running great by the end of the main.
what I did was add the 8 mm restrictor, richen the LSN 2hr and richen the HSN 1.5 HR.
3 laps into the main it flames out. my pit guy doesn`t know how to adjust needles so I tell him to just re-start and get me back out.
3 laps later she flames again. oh I was using an rb #6 plug.
did this happen because it was to rich?
I am going to look at it today.
it sounds to like you richened it way to much what restricter was in there before the 8mm and what were the temps before you richened it?