Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi 367

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Novarossi 367

One of the better and more experience drivers at the our track bought a brand new Novarossi 367 and was very happy with it, but it lasted only a race. It wasn´t too hot but the bearing gave out.

I was thinking about getting one but would like to hear other stories about this engine before making a decision.

Got any?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Front or Rear bearing? Just curious...

That's an expensive bit of kit ruined by a ~$5 part!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Rear, the kit brings extra bearings, but normally you dont change the bearings after just the break in.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cota,

So, I take it that the motor survived the premature failure of the rear bearing?

I guess he heard it and shut her down before any real damage could be done...
Old 10-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

get the boca 14.5 x 26 mm steel 9 ball bearing as soon as you get any of the plus line of engines , i think that novarossi had a bad batch of bearings from the manufacturer of the bearings . cost for the bearing is about 25 - 30 $ and then you have to find somebody who is experienced to put it in for ya pm me if interested i am very good with engines and run houstons engine service here locally in the northwest
later , houston

novarossi is quite aware of the flame out issue and they are dealing with it for sure one way to deal with flameout issue is to add one more thin copper shim that comes with the engine to release some compression thats what we had to do to truhes engines to get em to run right , after we did that , they were too dam fast , seriously !!! another thing to do on those is to try a medium or hot turbo plug (turbo buttonhead part#nov28002)or try a medium or hot standard plug such as novarossi 6 or 5 plug , tames the beast down so it is useable power

Last edited by houston; 10-29-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i have one and lets just say its great when it runs
get a v-sepc cheaper and better at everything overall
just dont get the plus-2 367
Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i got one and love it.. the only problem i have is it flames out after i feel it up in the mains... but i talked with fusionmotorsports and they said its a tunning issue... if i was to buy a new motor id go with a c6bbt... inless i quit having these problems.. if it does it this weekend ill be buying c6bbt...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by houston
get the boca 14.5 x 26 mm steel 9 ball bearing as soon as you get any of the plus line of engines , i think that novarossi had a bad batch of bearings from the manufacturer of the bearings . cost for the bearing is about 25 - 30 $ and then you have to find somebody who is experienced to put it in for ya pm me if interested i am very good with engines and run houstons engine service here locally in the northwest
later , houston

novarossi is quite aware of the flame out issue and they are dealing with it for sure one way to deal with flameout issue is to add one more thin copper shim that comes with the engine to release some compression thats what we had to do to truhes engines to get em to run right , after we did that , they were too dam fast , seriously !!! another thing to do on those is to get rid of the turbo plug and try a medium or hot plug such as novarossi 6 or 5 plug , tames the beast down so it is useable power
Hi Houston, I sent you a PM
Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You must have had some bad luck. I ran my Hot Mods 367 for a whole weekend on a rushed break-in without any flameout or other issues. Oh the joy of nitro motors.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

I believe that Hot Mods replaces the bearing as one of the mods, our is standard not modified.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

my 500 dollar 367 is a flameout hero at about a gallon. using sidewinder30% wc blend. ive added the .1mm head shim and every nova plug from the seven to the 4. only had a little luck with the oddonnell 77 plug.just ordered a picco evo 2. only four more races in my area left and i need to finish one
Old 10-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 367 is a HEAP ! I have never seen an engine with so many issues !!
I know I have experienced it first hand! I love NovaRossi and run their engines faithfully ,but I won't give that 367 trash can room !!! It is as cantankerous as it can get ! I'm trying to figure one out as I type! Why is this thing eat plugs, have no bottom end, run hot ,then cold ?? I changed out the bearings and found the front one wasted and the rear one had shavings behind it as it was pressed into the block ???? Come on NovaRossi ? Maybe this is why Truhe runs P5's now ? What ever he runs I will tell you this , Is SPECIAL NovaRossi WELDS the back plates on so you can't see what has been done with out a serious bunch of trouble !!
Mike's engines were all welded shut this weekend at the Worlds warm up !
Old 10-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

exactly my symptoms ...runs fat till you lean it more ever so slightly till no power and its 322deg
Old 10-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

anyone one of you guys want to sell your 367s?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mremtr
The 367 is a HEAP ! I have never seen an engine with so many issues !!
I know I have experienced it first hand! I love NovaRossi and run their engines faithfully ,but I won't give that 367 trash can room !!! It is as cantankerous as it can get ! I'm trying to figure one out as I type! Why is this thing eat plugs, have no bottom end, run hot ,then cold ?? I changed out the bearings and found the front one wasted and the rear one had shavings behind it as it was pressed into the block ???? Come on NovaRossi ? Maybe this is why Truhe runs P5's now ? What ever he runs I will tell you this , Is SPECIAL NovaRossi WELDS the back plates on so you can't see what has been done with out a serious bunch of trouble !!
Mike's engines were all welded shut this weekend at the Worlds warm up !
mikes engines are straight from italy , and they obviously dont want you to see what they are doin inside !!! i was dealing with his engines at the manufacturers cup in idaho , plus2 367's were running as you guys said =flameouts !! i tuned em in and they would run too f'in fast to drive and if i tuned em so they were driveable , they flamed headache to say the least . after the first qualifier i ended up letting him run one of my personal engines , plus21-5 ,and jim from fusion gave him a new plus 21-5k to run , mike was happy after we tuned those in , no flameouts after that i will figure out how to make the 367 engines run like they are suppose to the turbo button does make a HUGE difference novarossi part #nov28002, (there is suppose to be a new underhead #28001 but not out yet ) with either nova 6t, 5t plug or odo77t plug
later ,
monty

Last edited by houston; 10-29-2007 at 08:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.