Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ace RC Servo Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i just purchased a 1313 from my local hobbytown and mine made it 1 qualifier and then would not turn right or recenter. to say the least i was also f!*kin pissed and im gonna contact them tomarrow. to top it off, i had motor problems too..... i hope everything works out with you guy's..
Old 08-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

im glad i got outta Ace's when i did. there's something UP imo....these servo's used to be BOMB proof...now u cant even get 1 day or 1 quali out of them.....
Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I had sent in a DS1313 that was the AE branded servo, and they sent me one out within a week. The ACE & AE customer service folks are in the same building. Don Natale is the guy that I talked with....his email is [email protected]. Don and his team are awesome and also help me with getting the new fuel tanks.

Another thing to consider, is that when you buy from an authorized dealer, then you are also getting the product support that goes along with it. It may cost a little more up front, but in the end, you get the great service.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Ace problems.

I had a 1313 in my hyper 8.5 with the end points set correctly as well as me taking an hour to make sure theres no tension on the servo at neutral. I used it for about 2.5 weeks and when i went to run my 1st qualifier on sunday I pulled out of the starting lane and the car took off, it would not return to neutral and would only open. The marshal grabbed the car and shut it down for me. I had no choice but to run into the shop and buy another 1313 and put it in so i could make my 2nd qualifier. The servo had only 2.5 weeks and went dead.

I then ran my 2nd qual and lost control of the car again as it would not respond to my brake. I adjusted the travel from my remote and added a little more to pull the brake harder. i was scared to do that though thinking i didnt want to stress the servo and have a repeat of what happened in the 1st round.

I then went to practice with the car yesterday with a new 1313 and on the first tank full the car took off off the track and ran down the into the woods until it hit a tree and stopped. the throttle servo again got stuck in the open position and would not return to neutral . I killed the car and went back to the pit to have everyone take a look at my setup to make sure i was not crazy and have some weird tension on the servo. Well i was correct and everything was smooth with 0 binding or ill tension on the servo.

I gave the servo to my local hobby shop where i purchased it from to be sent back for repair. I'm so pissed off . I just bought 2 sets of these for my 2 cars and now own 2 1015's for steering and 3 1313's for throttle.
The local shop charges 100.00 for them each. thats 500.00 in Ace servos that i'm now afraid to use. When the car ran away it could have broken someone's leg. I also got dropped into the d main because of all the issues.

I might be switching back to hitec servos when i can afford to buy new servos. I never had any problems with them in the cars.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Backpain

I might be switching back to hitec servos when i can afford to buy new servos. I never had any problems with them in the cars.

I highly suggest that....its what i did...and i havent had a single problem since....Seriously....There's SOMETHING up with all these new Ace's.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I called 2 times to day to Ace hobbies and could not get a hold of Rocky i left 2 messages for him to call me back if dose not call me and let me know some thing i am never gone to deal with Ace Rc and i will go back to Hitec.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hey guys just gone to let you know i got just got off the phone with Rocky at Ace Hobby's and he said to send my servo in and he would get it replaced i am so HAPPY with Ace RC Service i just hope the next servo makes it longer than 15 min.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What good is great customer service if the product can't deliver. I have no desire to send servos in for repair every week.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wingracer
What good is great customer service if the product can't deliver. I have no desire to send servos in for repair every week.

X2....nor have that Idea in the back of my mind that Maybe this one might do the Exact same thing.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Hi, I have an ace servo that is making funny clicking noises everytime it hit the brake. I've set my endpoints and all that stuff and it keeps doin it. It still works but does this mean that it might be on its way out

Cheers
Old 08-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Ace problems.

It could be a gear starting to give out. they do sell replacement gear kits for them . they are 20.00 at my local hobby shop. The shop owner said Ace/thunder tiger will not fix the servo's if the problem is gear related but they will if its motor related like mine. My replacement 1313 i had to buy this past weekend is now acting normal and i have not had anymore issues with it. We will see what happens this weekend though. My shop is sending back the bad one for me. sooner or later..lol I have seen it sitting there still.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Is anyone having issues with the 1015? Everyone seems to be mentioning that the trouble they are having is with the 1313, although my 1313 has been flawless on steering in my Truggy, but is being demoted to throttle as I have a 1015 on the way to take up the steering position.

Cheers