Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired. >

Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts
While I'm not sure of the issues with not getting your questions resolved with Horizon Hobby's customer service, I will suggest that people nowadays expect too much in the way of customer service (i.e. I want it my way, and I want it now!).

As far as your complains relative to your RTR, whatever the brand or model, might I suggest you take time to rethink what you think you should be getting for FREE - yes, as in free assembly - and that next time if you want careful nitpicking trimming and fitment of parts, tires glued to your own demanding specs, and diffs filled like it wasn't done on assemblyline that you buy an unassembled kit and do it yourself or actually pay someone to do it and pay them well so you actually have something worthy of complaining about.

It's my opinion while RTRs let a whole lot more people into this hobby, it also attracts those that can't do it themselves or don't want to as well as attracting those that equate buying a toy RC car to buying a real 1:1 car off the showroom floor - and the comparison just ain't right.

If you buy RTR you get what you pay for = nothing!
Maybe take some time to reread the original post before speaking with such conviction. I do not have a RTR I have a truggy RACE ROLLER and a buggy KIT. I prefer the kit version however Losi does not offer the truggy in kit form. Secondly the race roller is advertised as race ready setup (like the pros) I believe is the term they use. And for free? I think not, they charge a premium for the race roller.

As an update: I emailed Losi customer support Firday July 25th. Still no response but it has only been a week. I will give them more time.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have been severly dissapointed with Losi's quality these last few years, they used to be the best cars on the planet outta the box. But ever since they started coming out with all of these cheap, beginner oriented RTR's such as all the rediculous minis they have, yeah there cool but seriously do you need 16 different variations of the same vehicle? There quality has been dropping off severely and its has even trickled down to there race vehicles they are starting to become cheap.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
I have been severly dissapointed with Losi's quality these last few years, they used to be the best cars on the planet outta the box. But ever since they started coming out with all of these cheap, beginner oriented RTR's such as all the rediculous minis they have, yeah there cool but seriously do you need 16 different variations of the same vehicle? There quality has been dropping off severely and its has even trickled down to there race vehicles they are starting to become cheap.

Your saying that and you own a Savage and a 18T ???
Old 07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Maybe all the "mini" people designing all the "mini" products now could not reach the phone to help out. LOL! That is all the Losi seems to be doing nowadays. But no, seriously though, Alot of customer service is bad nowadays with anything you buy. A pain just to get a hold of someone. Pretty soon it will be all robots (automated) and no people on the other line.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Larks
Maybe take some time to reread the original post before speaking with such conviction. I do not have a RTR I have a truggy RACE ROLLER and a buggy KIT. I prefer the kit version however Losi does not offer the truggy in kit form. Secondly the race roller is advertised as race ready setup (like the pros) I believe is the term they use. And for free? I think not, they charge a premium for the race roller.

As an update: I emailed Losi customer support Firday July 25th. Still no response but it has only been a week. I will give them more time.
IMHO you're the one that started this thread with conviction blasting a company with some unrealistic points, in addition to the fact that I not only find it unbelievable to have been left on hold for over an hour or that you were hung up on 6 straight times but outright impossible.

Then again, if you were rude to the operator or made outrageous demands in your email I don't doubt what happened. But I think there's enough of us that have had favorable dealings with Horizon's and Losi's customer service, and get responses to our reasonable emails usually within 24 hours, that your case must be some sort of an anomoly.

Here's what Losi says about what you get with the race roller.......... and no where in there did I say where they suggest you're getting a pro's own and manicured truck. And it would be my guess that if you did you'd be paying out the nose for it instead of the current going price that's inline with other truggies on the market - especially considering the included upgrades compared to the stocker.

What makes a Race Roller race-ready?
The 8IGHT-T Race Roller is a competition truggy chassis that has been hand assembled and tuned to exacting specifications. Each and every screw is installed to specific torque settings to maintain consistent adjustment. Additionally, every screw or bolt that secures metal-to-metal contact features threadlock to prevent backing out or loosening due to vibration. The clutch assembly is also completely assembled and ready to install on the engine of your choosing (engine not included), and the differentials and shocks are pre-built and filled with 100% pure silicone fluid. Once assembled, the 8IGHT-T Race Roller is given a complete inspection to ensure that it meets Team Losi’s requirements for durability and performance. You can be sure that your 8IGHT-T is ready for serious competition as soon as you open the box.

1) Oversized, Threaded, Hard-Anodized Shocks
The oversized, precision-machined aluminum shock bodies are hard anodized for smooth operation and wear resistance. Threaded shock collars offer easy and precise adjustment of pre-load and ride height. Strength and durability come from the extra large 4mm diameter Titanium Nitride shock shafts.

2) Machined Premium Aluminum Alloy Shock Towers
The front and rear shock towers on the 8IGHT-T are machined from premium aircraft aluminum alloy. Several tuning positions are included to allow you to adjust the suspension to your needs. Additionally, each shock tower is strategically lightened to optimize performance without sacrificing strength or durability.

3) Sealed Differentials & Housings
Both the front and rear differentials and housings are sealed against the elements, protecting each diff from foreign matter that can affect performance and durability. The tight tolerance diff gears take better advantage of the viscous effect for superior traction and acceleration. The combination of these exclusive features makes the 8IGHT-T handle predictably without excessive maintenance.

4) High-Performance Wheels and Tires
The 8IGHT-T features an all new tire designed specifically for truggy competition. The XTT tires are pre-mounted on race-style dish wheels with foam inserts included. The large diameter wheel and low profile sidewall design result in more predictable handling response and more control when cornering at speed. The combination of internal structure and a high-traction compound allow the 8IGHT-T to take on nearly any track conditions right from the box.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i read the last post and it say that the 8t is inspected once assembled to make sure it meets losi's specifications... are losi's specification to have the diffs only half full?? just a question?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I also got the losi 8 buggy race roller. Got it all ready and was headed to the track. I was pupmed to finally get it on the track and within the first 5min of practice 3 of the 4 tires had broke loose from the rim. They could not be fixed due to the foams coming halfway out. I also spent $10 bucks on some up-grade wheel decals. If a company is going to glue tires for you they should put in the effort to do it right, if they cant then let the consumer do it themselves
Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

to add, i by no means am degrading Losi. Ive been running the buggy right out of the box and have been doing great with it, its a great product.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
i read the last post and it say that the 8t is inspected once assembled to make sure it meets losi's specifications... are losi's specification to have the diffs only half full?? just a question?
I would say no it is not their specification but you can not tell how much is in them after assembly.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

true true was just stating a point
Old 07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

IMHO you're the one that started this thread with conviction blasting a company with some unrealistic points....
Swing and a miss.

550 posts since June 29th 2008, everything from gays to democrats to fog lamps. YOU'RE (correct spelling) on a roll!

Now that YOU'RE on such a roll; roll yourself out of this thread. You add nothing.

Do you even own an RC car?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your saying that and you own a Savage and a 18T ???
yeah I own a savage, one of the best basher vehicles ever made, and mine came from a kit. What of it? My 18T has never broken a single part even with the brushless kit, still running the stock diffs even.

anymore smartass comments you wanna make???
Old 07-31-2008, 08:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by boostfiend
Swing and a miss.
at 0.07 posts per day you should be an expert on swinging and missing.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
yeah I own a savage, one of the best basher vehicles ever made
anymore smartass comments you wanna make???
Nah, I think you got it covered on your own.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Cs from anyone in r/c has been good with me. I'v been very lucky with that. Since were talking about cs don't you hate when you have a problem with something and when you call for help you get someone on the other line from a third world country that doesn't speak english.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.