Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE CORR truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

id hope slayer is revo based,sc8 is buggy based...naw i love the sc8 i think i am gonna have to get one...even if i never race i camp and when i camp it'll get some use...put a nice go tech .28 and have at it
Old 08-17-2008, 09:37 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
I have a feeling this is going to be 1/8. Can you picture an RC8 with a truck body?
Originally Posted by PW
Looks awesome!
I called it.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I hope someone takes some video tomorrow. Surely they'll run it a little bit.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can't wait til this thing is released, I will def. buy
Old 08-19-2008, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

looks like its got an on-board starting system - very cool to add to the realism

I think AE have really pulled this one out of the bag - Great Job!!!

Spec racing with these will be a blast!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dunno if it's electric start, I think that's just a remote terminal for the glow plug since the engine sits under the roof. Otherwise you'd have to drill a hole in the roof, use one of those monster-long igniters, etc. etc.

Hope this chassis will fit on my Ofna Stainless bump box.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
I dunno if it's electric start, I think that's just a remote terminal for the glow plug since the engine sits under the roof. Otherwise you'd have to drill a hole in the roof, use one of those monster-long igniters, etc. etc.

Hope this chassis will fit on my Ofna Stainless bump box.
good point, I made the asumption it was on-board start because of the lack of roof cut, but I actually think I agree with you now.

its still pretty cool though, a bit F1 how you have to plug something 'in the back' and then start it.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

A main has it listed for back order now at $699 RTR http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/27733 wish they would have released this as a kit or a roller .
I'm over RTRs , i know it brings beginners into the hobby but when i started in RC half the fun was building the car and it still is .
Old 08-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

With the banter going on here kinda makes ya see why AE doesn't release fast.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

my guess -
its an rc8t with rc8 suspension parts
Old 09-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wstuart
my guess -
its an rc8t with rc8 suspension parts

Is there and echo in here?

Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It does look very cool, cage and all. However I wonder if it will take off or not.

The reason the slash and the spec slash classes have gotten so big is you can get into a car for under $200. First price I have seen on the thing is almost $700, I am sure it will fall a little bit as the supply gets out there, but I just don't think there will be 20 of them every night at the races, kids on the corner with one jumping curbs with them and so on.

I hope it does sell, and start a new grass roots class that everyone wants to be in, but at this point I think it is going to be another car that looks cool but not a great seller.

With the economy the way it is now I think you are going to have a hard time selling something that is that expensive. Right now you have something proven, cheap, popular with the electric slash, and at close to a 3 to 1 price difference it is going to be a hard sell.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherokee
It does look very cool, cage and all. However I wonder if it will take off or not.

The reason the slash and the spec slash classes have gotten so big is you can get into a car for under $200. First price I have seen on the thing is almost $700, I am sure it will fall a little bit as the supply gets out there, but I just don't think there will be 20 of them every night at the races, kids on the corner with one jumping curbs with them and so on.

I hope it does sell, and start a new grass roots class that everyone wants to be in, but at this point I think it is going to be another car that looks cool but not a great seller.

With the economy the way it is now I think you are going to have a hard time selling something that is that expensive. Right now you have something proven, cheap, popular with the electric slash, and at close to a 3 to 1 price difference it is going to be a hard sell.
I think your trying to compare Apples to Chicken Fried Steak.

This truck is for the buyer looking at a Nitro Truggy, Buggy, or Monster Truck that wants a full fender racing truck. Compared to those vehicles, it will be the least expensive performance purchase.

Of course thats just my honest opinion and somewhat jaded since I have some of these on pre-order.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see where you are coming from, but when you get to the bottom line they are all rc cars. Right now at this point in time it is a novelty, not unlike every new rc car that has come out from the RC500 to the sand scorcher to a slash, to the SC8, it is a new(ish) idea.

I think that the buyer looking at a Nitro Truggy, Buggy, or Monster Truck for the most part is going to buy just that, for what ever reasons they already have in mind. The SC8 is new and people that buy it are going to buy IT for what IT is, a very cool model of a CORR truck; however if you are correct it will only steal sales from another areas of the hobby.

All I am saying is that the rc buyer that already has other cars is much more likely to lay out $200 and have something that they NOW know is a popular, built strong, has classes running, and will give to an 8yr old with no worries about them or the equipment. A new person looking to get into the hobby is going to look at the price tag of a truck that looks a great deal like it, for hundreds less. And with winter around the corner there are not many places indoor that you can run a nitro car.

I think that the major buyer of the SC8 is going to be existing people in the RC hobby and most of those are going to have nitro experence.

To cut this short....

Don't get me wrong I think the truck is a 10 on the cool scale, I do however think that they will not be flying off the shelves.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

More pics? any vids? actual release date? Im dying here!! When does this thing come out?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.