Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
??????????????need help with a sterring issue?????????????????????? >

??????????????need help with a sterring issue??????????????????????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

??????????????need help with a sterring issue??????????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default ??????????????need help with a sterring issue??????????????????????

hey guys i have a team losi muggy and ive had it about a year and the sterring on that thing is horrible its sloppyer that a sloppy joe and its so hard to turn it but i had raced it today for the first time and i want you guys to tell me how you fix that because the way its set up you just cant tighten it because then the sterring will bing on it i had also heard there is a way you can put a jato sterring set up in it but if there is anybody out there and that can give me part numbers or even pics or sell me a sterring set up i will gladly appreicate that thanks guys
Old 06-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You could figure out what the tight/sloppy part is by removing the horn from the servo and taking the linkages apart piece by piece. I just did the same thing today on my OFNA buggy, steers like a dream again.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Please use punctuation. I can't make sense of what you're on about. It's spelt "steering" not sterring.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Turbine_au
Please use punctuation. I can't make sense of what you're on about. It's spelt "steering" not sterring.
ok yes i know i have to and thanks for the correction
Old 06-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superdave2
ok yes i know i have to and thanks for the correction
lol wow, does anyone else here see the irony in this post?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

im looking for help on my truggy(.) not to have a bunch of people tell me how to type if your not going to help me then i dont see why you would bother to post(.)
Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

im looking for help on my truggy(.) not to have a bunch of people tell me how to type if your not going to help me then i dont see why you would bother to post(.)
dude, are you serious?

I dont mean to be an asshole but how old are you?

is it your servo thats weak?

maybe something needs to be oiled? or a screw is way too tight? or a bearing(s) in our steering arms are seized?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

well im trying to get help and the people are telling me how to type and why dose it matter how old i am i have a jr z9000t servo but the way you have to tighten the linkage it starts to bind but i think im done with this thread because i havent had reall any help ill just make a all alumnium linkage i have a bridgeport and a big lathe so ill just make one
Old 06-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

The JR9000T is more than strong enough to turn your truggy, there is obviously a problem somewhere else, first thing I would check would be your servo saver. Disassemble it, clean it, give everything a good once-over, and reassemble. If the problem persist, take all the screws out of the draglink, there will be bushings there, make sure that they are not excessively worn, again clean and reassemble. IF you are still having a problem just keep moving down the line, the steering systems in these cars are not complex, its easy to find the problem, it just takes a lil bit of effort.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

thank you now sombody is saying something that makes sense but anyways i know what the problem is its the ackerman and if you tighten the nut that hold it together the system starts to bind im just looking for a way to make one that work without all the slop but i found on a site that you can use a traxxas jato 58mm turnbuckle and get some screws that fit nice and tight and im sure that i can figure out the rest but i just need to get the turnbuckle and then i will go from there
Old 06-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

anybody else???????????????
Old 06-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

yeah me again.

how old are you?

can you give a better explanation of whats going on? (please remember punctution) just play around with it and you should be able to feel/see where the problem is.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

Man, Im not sure what to tell you, all you can do, is take it apart and look at each part. That or replace the whole damn thing. Not much more help anybody can give you.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by new to rc cars
yeah me again.

how old are you?

can you give a better explanation of whats going on? (please remember punctution) just play around with it and you should be able to feel/see where the problem is.
why dose everybody want to know how old i am. that shouldnt matter. if you google muggy steering mod or something like that. a lot of people have had the same problem as im having. but i just cant find anybody that has made a kit to fix it.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Man, Im not sure what to tell you, all you can do, is take it apart and look at each part. That or replace the whole damn thing. Not much more help anybody can give you.
well im just looking for a kit that somebody has made up with all the stuff that i would need. ive heard of somebody using a traxxas jato 58mm turnbuckle. but i would like to get all the part numbers that i need so i can order everything at once. butlike i said i know what the problem is its just the fact that it cant be fixed or else the the steering system will bind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.