Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGT 8.0 vs Tmaxx 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 01:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default MGT 8.0 vs Tmaxx 3.3

I have a friend that just got a mgt 8.0 and wants to race for $200.00 I got both t-maxxs 3.3 4909 and 4908. There fast but I never seen a mgt race. Any of you guys raced one before? Or do does anyone know what mgt 8.0 top speed is?
Old 06-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it would be a close race i think since the mgt is alittle on the heavy side and the tmaxx is like a piece of plastic on wheels(no offense i have one myself).

but if you have the right upgrades on the tmaxx you COULD blow it out of the water fast.

That is if this is all in a straight line.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The MGT 8.0 motor is equivalent to 3 of the 3.3 mills. I have raced the mgt sucessfully against LST2 Savages Revos and a few Tmaxxes. I think in a strip race the mgt will kill any 3.3 because the 8.0 is a torque monster, the engine is overkill for that 12 pound truck. I raced mine with a nice .28 and was superfast. Now on a track both need to be tuned and you both would have to spend like 2-300$ to have race worthy machines trust me.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks for responding guys

It would be just a straight shot race The only upgrades I got are the robinson bell/spur gear combo 42t spur 19t bell for the older model tmaxx. The 2008 one is stock just got 2 days ago. What upgrades for both of them would you guys recommend. His mgt is also stock. This is for any of you guys wondering about the 2008 tmaxx 3.3 dont waste the money on it.The 2008 version its built more durable thats the only plus I really see and it comes with a resonator pipe other than that theres really no difference. The lenght and reverse isnt no big deal cause I never used it on my other one. The chassis is looks to be a little thicker all in all I think it weighs more and is a little slower.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Off the line he would definetly get you I am not shure about 2nd gear he might still have you they are very fast.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I hate it for all of you AE fans the MGT8.0 sucks. I don't have a truck so I am not biased. I am just telling the honest truth of what I have seen. There is something wrong with that truck.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

for the maxx get the foward only kit, change out the clutch from a 2 shoe carbon to a 3 shoe aluminum, get a different gear set up. on mine i did alittle modifying and put an 1/8 scale tuned pipe on mine i get alittle more mid to high end power, plus my motor is modified. if your runnning on street get some street tires the hook up alot better than the stock tires. get new steering blocks that have oversized bearings for smoother ride. basically all the small stuff that you can possibly think of. i have almost 2g in my tmaxx. every aluminum part possible, conversion kit for big block motors, about to put a picco p3 turbo modified motor into it, robinson racing gears in tranny and diffs(coming soon). there is sooo much potential for the maxx its just the right combo of stuff to make it fast.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

If the 8.0 has some issues I dont know. But I know the 4.6 version is a super durable true monster and anyone who says otherwise has no knowlege of it. Tell your buddy to go to mgt.com and there they have all types of tips mods custom parts and people with knowlege to help if he has probs.