Wiki Posts
Search

CEO Mods. vs EB Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenb46
With the lack of grip your track may have, i would also recomend looking at the GO 7 port turbo, alot of my customers that have ran v specs like the feel of this motor due to it's linier feel off the bopttom end and the mid to top is very strong, i run this motor with a 053 and P3 or P6 plug, odonnell plugs also work very well, runtime is very good also, anywhere from 9 to 11 with temps in range of 230 and 260. as for wins alot of my motors have won races and finished very well at big races. Corey Johnson runs for me and was in the last round of qualifiers at the truck Nat's behind Mark Pavidas befor his steering servo whent crazy, he would have been in the top 24 at the pace he was at. My name is Brian, from Pro Twister Mods, just thought i would introduce myself.
Hey!! Who let this guy in here??

Just kidding, Brian is a good guy.

Colin
Old 05-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi

cost effective engines! YES! I'm tellin you.. you guys want to try a great engine at a good price
:http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/item.asp?item=TRI40060
So they are using Sirio engines now !!! should be interesting for sure !
Old 05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe Trinity needs it's own thread?

Colin
Old 05-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LOL whats up Colin, how's racing going for ya?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

LOL whats up Colin, how's racing going for ya?
Hey Brian, Things are good out here, congrats on the ARCA win last week!!

Colin
Old 05-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks, we will be in Toledo sunday, we one there last year with Michel McDowell, it should be good. We placed second in KY, we are on a roll.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Maximo
So let me ask...what does a EB Modded engine do that any other modders engine can't do ? I understand Ed has lots of fancy gear and according to you does more testing then anyone else, but honestly how much tech really ends up in a EB modded engine you buy at the LHS ? Do Ed's motors make the most power ? Highest RPM ? Best gas Mileage... Will they win a parking lot race against your buddies ? are they good for typical clay tracks, high altitude, dirt tracks, top end runs, sled pulling,hill climbing etc. Are they more suited for racing, or are they good bashers ? Do they do better on slippery tracks, or do they like high traction tracks ?

My point is that every modified engine will have its own unique characteristics and suitable applications..The characteristics of a modified engine are directly related to the type and degree of the work being done..You just cannot define every modders product as just "A Modded Engine" as there are huge variations in the final results of each shops processes... Which also brings about the idea of comparing prices for modifications, the fact is everyone has their own unique product and scale of value.. Some modders stage 1 can be more aggressive then another modders stage 3... I believe these days you can buy a Stage 10 from a couple of companies....The engine modding industry is all about perceived value based off name recognition....

Myself I have always been a fan of the knockout punch, so to me the best engines produce the highest TQ and HP..the crazier the motor is the happier I am... I am a drag racer at heart and to me winning on the back straight is all that counts !!! LOL
Most cannot see what Ed does basically cause they never run their engines long enough to tell!!

for one, he truly balances his motors, and you can tell by its longevity, i currently have close to 9 gallons on my EB modded Vspec, its absolutely a great engine without a doubt.

i run 5 to 10 minute heats and 20 minute mains, consistency i think is huge when it comes to motors, most modded engines arent as consistent, many try and go by these dynos, but in all reality, you cant simulate a 20 minute main on a Dyno! track conditions change, ambient air changes to include humidity and temp...a solid motor will hold the same tune without change throughout the entire main.

this is why i wont buy modded engines, its simply a gamble with most, most cut and dice and polish such engines but all they are looking for are shear numbers. anybody can cut slots in a motor and generate more horsepower, and honestly if it was all about power, none of us would be running .21's, most would be running .28's and so on.

precision is huge and the ONLY way you can achieve such accomplishments is with the right tools! you can come close with a dremel i think personally, but it will never be as consistent or precise.

we have so many proclaimed engine modders, but lets be real, who cant pick up basic info on such engines? what you cant do is buy the appropriate equipment to do it right every time the first time.

thats my take and i am by no means related to EB mods, im just truly a 100% satisfied customer! and i honestly hope he continues to mod engines as he produces top notch work.

Jim Hottinger is another great engine modder, but if you dont know his history, look around, its self explanatory.

we need more students and less so called experts, its killing off the TRUE dedicated hobbiest that put forth a ton of time and money to do it right. its unfortunate many are blinded by the fact, but thats how it rolls in any hobby, regardless what it is.

I for one would never claim to mod anything, and i love the fact that i can just pay a small price for somebodys hard work and dedication! i just like to rip, have fun and enjoy this hobby while i can.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

I have a mill.. but honestly most of my work involves detail that cannot be done any way but by hand....and when I say by hand I mean with files using magnification.... I guess you can make flow related mods using a mill, but you cannot start ramping and leading ports using a mill.... try adding a 3 angle port entry using a mill...not going to happen unless you want to tear your sleeve apart..... The most intricate work on these motors must be done by hand, there is no other way to duplicate what I do to these motors...Some things can be done by machines but by no means do they replace a good eye and a delicate hand...
Old 05-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

which will never be consistent there Maximo...my point exactly.

and im not trying to point fingers at anybody or put anybodys work down, as that is not my goal, im just stating what i know and experienced. everybody has tried a modded motor, but what most do not know, is that one modded engine that is done by hand will never be the same by the other. I cant speak for other people, but for myself, i like to feel and experience the same power band everytime and on every motor i personally run. which is why i mostly run stock engines.

i cant sit here and tell you what some of these world class drivers like, but me personally this is huge for me, especially when you race against drivers that are always equal to or sometimes better than you on a weekly basis lol the last thing i want to worry about is my motors.

I use to know a racer that use to race for Kyosho 2 years ago and use to always run Ed's modded motors, this was one of the main reasons why he use to always suggest running his motors....consistency and performance in one package. funny how im still learning what was explained to me a while back lol

ignorance is bliss i guess lol

not telling anybody not to buy anything else, but the question was asked so i answered it.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Let me make myself clear, when I said Ed running two shops did not mean two seperate ones. I know he is running things out of the same place, the point being is that at times it my have the feel of two. Its a challange to be sure. I have ran an EB mods V-Spec and loved it, fit my driving and track. I too will be running the new Trinity motors as soon as I can get them.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Jesse I agree, consistant engines are key. I also agree that EB is 1 of few that truly balance the crank.
Max point being that by hand would be a very inefficiant way to mod engines.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I hope with ed's help this new trinity engine is better than the last ones they made!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jesse
which will never be consistent there Maximo...my point exactly.

and im not trying to point fingers at anybody or put anybodys work down, as that is not my goal, im just stating what i know and experienced. everybody has tried a modded motor, but what most do not know, is that one modded engine that is done by hand will never be the same by the other. I cant speak for other people, but for myself, i like to feel and experience the same power band everytime and on every motor i personally run. which is why i mostly run stock engines.

i cant sit here and tell you what some of these world class drivers like, but me personally this is huge for me, especially when you race against drivers that are always equal to or sometimes better than you on a weekly basis lol the last thing i want to worry about is my motors.

I use to know a racer that use to race for Kyosho 2 years ago and use to always run Ed's modded motors, this was one of the main reasons why he use to always suggest running his motors....consistency and performance in one package. funny how im still learning what was explained to me a while back lol

ignorance is bliss i guess lol

not telling anybody not to buy anything else, but the question was asked so i answered it.

Jesse I sure as hell hope you are not implying I am ignorant !!!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Maximo
Jesse I sure as hell hope you are not implying I am ignorant !!!

Max I dont think he meant that at all. What he is stating is that you cant make engines exactly the same with hand mods. The thing is I agree with you max if your looking for all you can get you wont get it without hand mods. I think the main thing people need to keep in mind is that all the major modders are doing this to make money and that is what matters in the end. So to spend alot of extra time to make the motor a little bit better in any of the mentioned areas, cant be justified by someone who is in this as a business.

Thats why I will have you (max) do my next engine mod. See I will never claim to be the BEST driver but I damn sure wanna claim to have the MOST balls out crazy engine on the track reguardless of where I finish.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

With the lack of grip your track may have, i would also recomend looking at the GO 7 port turbo, alot of my customers that have ran v specs like the feel of this motor due to it's linier feel off the bopttom end and the mid to top is very strong, i run this motor with a 053 and P3 or P6 plug, odonnell plugs also work very well, runtime is very good also, anywhere from 9 to 11 with temps in range of 230 and 260. as for wins alot of my motors have won races and finished very well at big races. Corey Johnson runs for me and was in the last round of qualifiers at the truck Nat's behind Mark Pavidas befor his steering servo whent crazy, he would have been in the top 24 at the pace he was at. My name is Brian, from Pro Twister Mods, just thought i would introduce myself.
Good to know you brian! I was thinking of purchasing a Go motor. Ive visited the threads and done a little not much research and am pleased @ what people say about the motor. I will keep Pro Twister Mods in mind when i make a decision

Thanks
V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.