Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Tough Decision, trying to decide between two motors. >

Tough Decision, trying to decide between two motors.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tough Decision, trying to decide between two motors.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

After reading all these posts I think im gonna have to lean towards the go engine. I kinda was already, but i just like the RB name and then not to mention almost everyone at my track runs RB or O.S. motors.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
After reading all these posts I think im gonna have to lean towards the go engine. I kinda was already, but i just like the RB name and then not to mention almost everyone at my track runs RB or O.S. motors.
i wopuld recomend the GO Race Spec 3 port, they are 180 and the linier feel on the bottom will get you further faster out of the turns, and has great mid to top end snap, and as far as life span, going on 6 gallons on mine still screamin for more, and it's modified.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Honestly comparing a go tech to a RB is like comparing a kia to a lexus. One is quality the other..... well not as much. Go tech motors are ok motors if that is all your funds allow you to run. But seriously, a RB is wayyyyy better. Will last much longer, and drive much better. I have seen the go motors come and go at my track. At first everyone bought one thinking they were a cheaper alternative to NovaRossi motors. Now I can only think of 1 or 2 people that run them, as all of them took a crap at about the 4-7 gallon mark.

Like I said if your on a budget go motors arent too bad, but if you can buy the RB then buy that one and in the long run you will be very happy.

p.s. On a side note whenever asking questions take a look at the responders sponsor's listed or their business. If they are sponsored by it or have a business that sell them Im sure they will recommend them!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
If you truely wanna stand out from the crowd buy a Falcon motor. They are awesome and you dont see many of them out there. They are similar to the old ninja engines but have a different crank and they sell for just under $270. I dont sell them nor am I sponsored by them but if you want info on how to get one pm me and I can shoot you to someone who does sell them, as finding dealers in the u.s. can be difficult but I know one dealer that does sell them in the u.s.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
Honestly comparing a go tech to a RB is like comparing a kia to a lexus. One is quality the other..... well not as much. Go tech motors are ok motors if that is all your funds allow you to run. But seriously, a RB is wayyyyy better. Will last much longer, and drive much better. I have seen the go motors come and go at my track. At first everyone bought one thinking they were a cheaper alternative to NovaRossi motors. Now I can only think of 1 or 2 people that run them, as all of them took a crap at about the 4-7 gallon mark.

Like I said if your on a budget go motors arent too bad, but if you can buy the RB then buy that one and in the long run you will be very happy.

p.s. On a side note whenever asking questions take a look at the responders sponsor's listed or their business. If they are sponsored by it or have a business that sell them Im sure they will recommend them!
+1