Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC8 RTR vs Losi 8ight RTR vs Jammin X1 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidewaze
Starter i can understand but why bad fuel mileage. I was leaning to the rtr to make sure this is what I want to do. If I decide 1/8 is for me I'll then start to make changes or pass it on to one of my sons or just use to have fun.
Well, as the engines get bigger... you get less mileage. Not to mention a .28 will probably make you slower around a track as there will be to much on the bottom.

Sorry man, I'm really not trying to turn you away from 1/8 scale... I just know that people usually regret buying RTR's for so many reasons. You can still get a kit and stay economical. Get a Go-tech 3 port sport for $115 and a pair of $50 servo's.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No I appreciate the opinion. You have me thinking! Thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

I think I might step out of my box/comfort zone and go with the Losi RTR. LHS selling for 650 cdn. Not too bad
Old 04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Furadi
I'm not sure I understand that reasoning, I've always been an AE guy.. But I try to keep an open mind. Being that I was able to test drive the 8ight, I went that route. I would still like to drive an RC8.. But I'm not going to just buy one without seeing it in action or test driving one.
The reasoning is simple, he likes AE and AE makes a great car. What is there to think about? As for the engine, since he is looking into a RTR I doubt he is racing on the pro circuit. In that case, I have yet to run into a track doesn't doesn't allow .28 for local club racing. It really shouldn't be an issue until he gets to run the bigger organized races.

I would never buy a car for what radio or servos it brings. If I were to buy a RTR, I would buy the best chassis I could and upgrade as I go. Losi is a great chassis too, just concerned that he will have seconds thoughts for not going with associated later.

However, is money isn't an issue, he could buy the Losi now and change to his real love later. I have seen many people do that.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Man I'm so on the fence here AE or Losi. One LHS said guys have been buying this and winning out of the box but on the other hand nobody is running the AE so advantage? Don't know. One easier to setup than the other? I don't think I can go wrong with either. Decisions, decisions what to do.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Sidewaze, both cars are good racing buggies with top notch people in the design and testing process. I think it is a matter of preference from an emotional standpoint, and resource from a logical standpoint. By resource I mean you need to run a car that other people at your local race track are familiar with. The advantage of this is tech support for advice and spare parts should you break something. You can engage the local fast guys and see what kind of set up they are running. Also, should you break a part, maybe you could buy a part from someone at the track that has a spare. This method is good if your a social guy that like to get out and talk to people. If you are a loner, then it doesn't really matter what method you use.

Hopefully both, emotional and logical, line up for you which makes the decision easy.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by petevette
Sidewaze, both cars are good racing buggies with top notch people in the design and testing process. I think it is a matter of preference from an emotional standpoint, and resource from a logical standpoint. By resource I mean you need to run a car that other people at your local race track are familiar with. The advantage of this is tech support for advice and spare parts should you break something. You can engage the local fast guys and see what kind of set up they are running. Also, should you break a part, maybe you could buy a part from someone at the track that has a spare. This method is good if your a social guy that like to get out and talk to people. If you are a loner, then it doesn't really matter what method you use.

Hopefully both, emotional and logical, line up for you which makes the decision easy.
That is a great well thought out point and appreciate it very much! This is why I believe in asking plenty of questions with the hopes of not being a pain the a**. I'm going with the Losi for a change and the exact reason you said about the other racers I hadn't taken that into consideration!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

That is a great well thought out point and appreciate it very much! This is why I believe in asking plenty of questions with the hopes of not being a pain the a**. I'm going with the Losi for a change and the exact reason you said about the other racers I hadn't taken that into consideration!
Thats one of the main reasons I went with Losi... Already had to borrow engine mount screws from someone

Just remember, you need a sportwerks .21 backplate and normal engine mounts to use a bump box.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Nothing wrong with asking lots of questions. I do the same so I don't have regrets later. Good luck with your purchase!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

I'd like to thank everyone that responded I've purchased the Losi and pick it up tonight.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'd like to thank everyone that responded I've purchased the Losi and pick it up tonight.
No problem and grats! You'll love it
Old 04-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Wow does this thing fly ! I started to break in motor and went through one tank of fuel in my back yard. I have plenty of obstacles to navigate and does this thing turn on a dime! It also corrected itself one numerous occations! Can't wait to get it to the track after a couple of more tanks! Lovin' it and found some r/c passion again!
Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow does this thing fly ! I started to break in motor and went through one tank of fuel in my back yard. I have plenty of obstacles to navigate and does this thing turn on a dime! It also corrected itself one numerous occations! Can't wait to get it to the track after a couple of more tanks! Lovin' it and found some r/c passion again!
Glad you like it! Although I didn't have any doubts Just wait till you start jumping it, It seems to correct it self in the air also.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

I have the Losi and Jammin - Jammin is awesome for versatility and speed, however the Losi is way better in terms of handling and agility. I was suprized between the 2 that they are very different cars, the losi also has the those great big bore shocks that rock and the DX2 with the RTR is awesome.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It's been almost a year. If you are out there are you happy with the car still?
I am in the process of making the same decision.
E

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.