Wiki Posts
Search

motor time....and I am cheap

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3
PDLracing.com is a great place to buy all your JP parts, engines, accesories....they are a distributor of JP products in the US. I have had lots of success ordering from them for my 3 JP engines (B5Nmod, JPmod V-Spec, and Medial Pro M2K)

the engine is basically bastardized. Has the Novarossi N21B 2001BF case, with a different carb (plastic not metal, though still Nova and probably better), a filled and hardblack coated crank, and a 7 port sleeve (not sure from what engine line but could be from as far back as when they worked with Crono)...i also beleive they have done some work on the sleeve, since it is listed as a Mod Motor.

For the money, how could you resist! I am seriously considering picking one up just to have for an indoor motor.

good luck!
As a side note, PDL is not a JP Racing distributor. They must be getting them from Model Sport Racing or the Canadian distributor. JP told me this himself.

But I must say, they do have some good deals going on.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

I now have one on the way.... cant wait to try it out.......

Thanks for all the motor help....
Old 03-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DOMIT
+1 on the "watch the bearings." There have been a lot of problems with the rear bearing in the Werks B3 Pro. (The B7 Pro doesn't have the same issue.)

2 of the guys that I pit with had them. One broke 2 cranks... the other shattered a piston skirt. ALL of those issues were caused by rear bearing problems. Neither of the motors had more than 4 gallons on them.

Now for about $310 the B7 Pro absolutely ROCKS! Very smooth and linear power curve, and more power overall than you'd ever need in a buggy.

The guys here running GO motors seem to like them, but I haven't ran one personally. As for the RB stuff... I don't think you can get a better built, longer lasting motor than RB. I had an old C3 that could hold it's own with the 7 ports down the straight, and those motors will hold a tune like you wouldn't believe.

sound like I should just replace the rear bearing from the get go... or right after break in..... I will have to look at a-main..... should I go ceramic or steel ?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
As a side note, PDL is not a JP Racing distributor. They must be getting them from Model Sport Racing or the Canadian distributor. JP told me this himself.

But I must say, they do have some good deals going on.

Oops, i was wrong again!

anyway, they sure do sell pretty much all of JP's catalog. Thanks for setting the record straight EZ.

SteveJa: Did you opt for the Werks or the JP? I'm just curious.

good luck with whichever you chose!
Old 03-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

i got both....... I got the b3 from a local so I have it now,(THANKS STEVE G... GREAT PRICE) and the JP I just ordered tonight.......cant wait to try them out...... can you say lots of break-in time.......
Old 03-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SteveJa
sound like I should just replace the rear bearing from the get go... or right after break in..... I will have to look at a-main..... should I go ceramic or steel ?

Thanks
On a WERKS or Sirio engine, use the TKO bearing rear. It has the correct dimensions. Amain & Boca were not correct. I'm unsure if Boca corrected their's but I gave them the correct dimensions on it. I returned Amain's bearing also.