Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5T or losi 8ight t

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The only Mugen parts that broke in the RC Car test were the first run 5R front lower arms. They have had new arms since June '07 that are bombproof.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
Mugen shocks are by far the smoothest of all of them, you definitely did something wrong if they "worn up easily." what does that even mean, is that english?

you put jammin shocks on a mugen, are you crazy? do you like having a little felt pad, poor quality o-rings and weak, quick to wear and fall out c-clip holding your shocks together? The jammin shocks, unless you are referring to the new big bores, which may be better, but I doubt it, are terrible.
Worn up or worn out means it didnt last long.....I didnt say its not smooth!!!!
you sound like a retard! you know exactly what i mean....but instead of giving a correction you made a personal comment ....

yes I did put a jammin shocks on mugen im not crazy....you are crazy...that mugen shocks casing looks like made of can of milk so thin... look at jammin shocks its hardened and its coated.....
Old 03-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

lets take a vote, how many people have ever seen a 1/8th scale shock absorber fail at the case (shock body)? They fail at the wear points, e.g., where the shaft rides into and out of the shock body, typically through an assembly of o-rings. Jammin shocks are very weak at this point, and, IN MY OPINION, poorly designed. This opinion is supported by experience wiht the jammin buggy and truggy in which I have had the c-clip and shock body groove the c-clip fits in fail, alowing the o-rings to fall out, completely draining the shock. I have never had a problem with mugen shocks failing, ever, at any point in their design, especially the case or body.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry to go abit off topic, but has anyone heard if Mugen will do an update on the truggy.

Just wondering if they plan on releasing a new truck in the near future. I have the 8T, but also thinking of picking up the 5T, but don't want a newer version to come out a couple of months later
Old 03-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just to tell you guys a lil about Rezenclowd3's mentalitly when it comes to taking care of his rides. I bought a Nitro TC3 off of him awhile back, it had a ton and i mean a ton of spare parts, some were new most you could tell had been on the car at one time. When i would break something i would put one of the used spares on the car and then i noticed why he changed them. LOl they had the tinest and i mean the the tinest amount of slop in them. Which to me is no big deal all i do is parking lot run with the car i dont race it. As far as the parts on the car when it got to my house, almost every part was brand new. Not to mention the car was absolutely spotless. Just thought i would mention how meticulous rezenclowd3 is about keeping his cars in top shape.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro syco
Mugens dont break, I have like 18 gallons on mine and my hobby shop dosnt stock parts but I have never had a problem. Of course they do break but it is so rare it shouldnt be a problem. Here is my view on Losi VS. Mugen. You cannot go wrong with a mugen they last and they handle great, they are sweet cars. Now for losi, You can go wrong with a losi, although they are awesome cars, they are not for everybody, and they are a little bit harder to drive fast but they are great cars, and they wear much faster than Mugens so expect to replace parts muh more often. But they are both good cars.
Perfectly put.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Well, I have owned both the MBX5T as well as the 8T. My summary is: The Mugen is much more durable, stable, and requires very little maintenance. The Losi, however, accelerates much harder and steers so much tigheter it would be in a whole different league. I have had people drive my 8T and tell me that it was so easy to drive ( difficulty to drive is all in the setup). The Losi wears considerably faster than the mugen (Mainly the PIN on the Center Front CVA on the center diff side, Camber link plastics and ball at the shock tower and the ackerman plate bushings). I run mine loose however and it does not really effect the handling.

I kept the Losi and got rid of the Mugen. I can handle a bit more maintenance to get the ease of driving. I had to drive the mugen much harder to get the same lap times due to accelaration & steering.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by playboy
i am kinda confused on which one to get
can u give me the pros and cons on each car

my LHS stocks a little more parts on the losi than the mugen but the mugen is like a rock so that is where i get confused

any help would be great

thanks peter

Mugen THIS, Losi THAT...

If you can drive... any car is good, BUT the Losi is a "drivers" car, more finesse and maintenance is required and parts availability is great! The Mugen is a TANK less maintenance is required and my opinion it doesn't handle as well as the Losi and parts are harder to find. Its a personal preference both cars will be competitive.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Just to tell you guys a lil about Rezenclowd3's mentalitly when it comes to taking care of his rides. I bought a Nitro TC3 off of him awhile back, it had a ton and i mean a ton of spare parts, some were new most you could tell had been on the car at one time. When i would break something i would put one of the used spares on the car and then i noticed why he changed them. LOl they had the tinest and i mean the the tinest amount of slop in them. Which to me is no big deal all i do is parking lot run with the car i dont race it. As far as the parts on the car when it got to my house, almost every part was brand new. Not to mention the car was absolutely spotless. Just thought i would mention how meticulous rezenclowd3 is about keeping his cars in top shape.
Thanks dude, I appreciate the comment. How is the NTC3 these days?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It is actually sitting in the back room right now with a blown up rear diff. And stripped spur gears, lol that seems to happen to every other time i use it lol. Damn rocks. Currently trying to get back into racing off-road, so its kinda been neglected for the last month or so.