Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
WILL TRAXXAS EVER INCLUDE ASSEMBLY MANUALS WITH THEIR TRUCKS??? >

WILL TRAXXAS EVER INCLUDE ASSEMBLY MANUALS WITH THEIR TRUCKS???

Like Tree1Likes

WILL TRAXXAS EVER INCLUDE ASSEMBLY MANUALS WITH THEIR TRUCKS???

Old 12-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WILL TRAXXAS EVER INCLUDE ASSEMBLY MANUALS WITH THEIR TRUCKS???

what the hell Traxxas...the only top brand in RC that doesnt include a REAL manual with their cars and trucks way to make your customers neady, frustrated and helpless!!!

especially on some of the most difficult vehicles to work on!

get it the EFF together!!!!
O.G.R.C. likes this.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

um... im guessing you need help???
Old 12-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
what the hell Traxxas...the only top brand in RC that doesnt include a REAL manual with their cars and trucks way to make your customers neady, frustrated and helpless!!!

especially on some of the most difficult vehicles to work on!

get it the EFF together!!!!
i know how you feel...i have a revo, and ofter have a few questions that a manual would clear up...
Old 12-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by derricklong38
um... im guessing you need help???
I manage a hobby store....I would never own a traxxas product....

did you hear about their new RC submarine???? aka new EMAXX!!

a waterproof EMAXX....hilarious!!!

I can hear it now " you said this is waterproof...so I jumped it into my pool and now it doesnt work! I want a new one!"
Old 12-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

I manage a hobby store....I would never own a traxxas product....

did you hear about their new RC submarine???? aka new EMAXX!!

a waterproof EMAXX....hilarious!!!

I can hear it now " you said this is waterproof...so I jumped it into my pool and now it doesnt work! I want a new one!"
Yeah I second that. Sell the Traxxas and get a Savage or Losi lst2.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have owned Team Associated, OFNA, XRAY, Kyosho, Losi, and now a Traxxas Revo.. i have sold all the rest and sticking with my Traxxas brand. The thing is fast and handles excellent and is one of the easiest vehicles i have had to work on and i work on a LOT of trucks as i too work at a hobby shop with these things. Not only are they easy to work on there is more than enough information on the net from repairs to hop up tips. If you need info it would be a matter of either making a phone call or ask the guy down the block.. any hobby shop should have the knowledge enough to give you advise.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jgtruggy
Yeah I second that. Sell the Traxxas and get a Savage or Losi lst2.
why??? i like winning races!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
why??? i like winning races!!!!!!!!
Traxxas are bashers. That's why I said LST2 or Savage. He never implied he was running a Revo and if he is and wanting to race IMHO he should get a Truggy A Revo can't touch a Truggy. If Traxxas wants to be race competitive they'll need a Buggy and Truggy.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Actually, traxxas does offer a manual of sorts. Just download and print the exploded views for the vehicle you are working on if you didn't buy it new and get them in the box. As long as you have the assembly sequence, it's pretty much a no brainer to take one apart and put it back together correctly. It never hurts to also download and read the owners manual for your vehicle as it will contain suspension and driveline setup info along with recommended maintenance intervals, etc.

in addition to the usual repairs and maintenance, I've repaired and modified transmissions on the t-maxx, e-maxx, and revo with nothing but the exploded views to guide me so it's not that tough.

No doubt it would be nice to have a dedicated assembly manual, but not having one does not mean the info is not available, it's just not compiled into a single book.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fhm555
Actually, traxxas does offer a manual of sorts. Just download and print the exploded views for the vehicle you are working on if you didn't buy it new and get them in the box. As long as you have the assembly sequence, it's pretty much a no brainer to take one apart and put it back together correctly. It never hurts to also download and read the owners manual for your vehicle as it will contain suspension and driveline setup info along with recommended maintenance intervals, etc.

in addition to the usual repairs and maintenance, I've repaired and modified transmissions on the t-maxx, e-maxx, and revo with nothing but the exploded views to guide me so it's not that tough.

No doubt it would be nice to have a dedicated assembly manual, but not having one does not mean the info is not available, it's just not compiled into a single book.
Im not talking about the exploded view or any other part of the manual...the manual is fine, if the car is never broken....90% of Traxxas customers are noobs....ALL EXPENSIVE RC CARS MUST COME WITH A ASSEMBLY MANUAL AS IF THE CAR IS A UNASSEMBLED KIT!!! PERIOD!!!

Traxxas customers, feel free to call the Traxxas hotline and suggest that they produce manuals...
Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Im not talking about the exploded view or any other part of the manual...the manual is fine, if the car is never broken....90% of Traxxas customers are noobs....ALL EXPENSIVE RC CARS MUST COME WITH A ASSEMBLY MANUAL AS IF THE CAR IS A UNASSEMBLED KIT!!! PERIOD!!!

Traxxas customers, feel free to call the Traxxas hotline and suggest that they produce manuals...
While I certainly agree with the above, traxxas (the largest selling R/C car brand on this planet), would apparently disagree. There is also the millions of people worldwide buying their products every year who don't seem to care either.

Having spent considerable time working on cars for several local shops over the years which included many calls to traxxas service as a dealer, I believe traxxas cars not coming with a manual is all part of their marketing plan. Just like the 1:1 car market, traxxas does not include a manual with their cars as a way to encourage their customers to take their broken/sick cars to a dealer for repair.

Traxxas is not the only company to offer an RTR without an assembly manual, but being the biggest offender they are a high profile target for their frustrated car owners who wish they did.

Rather than let it bother you to the point of yelling at those who feel your pain, why not turn that energy in a positive direction and publish assembly manuals for those R/C cars which don't come with one? Petersons, Clymer, and Chilton all founded highly successful business based on doing exactly that for the 1:1 car market.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Anything that needs to be repaired (at least on the revo, jato and maxx) or replaced can be done with ease by downloading the manuals and exploded views available from the traxxas site. In addition, a lot of their parts come with instructions on how to replace the part, step by step. The manual on lots of cars is less than good, so complain about those. As far as a revo being a basher and not a racer, maybe you should live where I do. Planet earth, beacause if you think a savage is a better racer than a revo, you are kidding yourself.

I no longer own a revo, but thinking about getting one again. I currently own a mugen, but would like to have a revo again, better suited to the really rough and rocky terrain where I now live.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I've owned multiple TRX vehicles in the past and I never found the need for a manual because the cars were simple and easy to work on??? They are basic layouts with standard hardware, whats so hard about that????
Old 12-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

how hard does it have to be to use a exploded view? i have torn into my rear diff and tranny, the exploded views are enough help! more than enough!
I have owned traxxas trucks through my whole hobby and never have a problem! though they sell their trucks very easy to use like the opti drive system, the EX start and all that ease of use..but that means in no way traxxas is a beginner brand, they can be easily made into a full race vehicle with few mod's traxxas also has great customer service! if you have a fairly new tuck you get up to a 80% discount on broken/faulty parts when your truck is not under a warranty anymore.
jeff
Old 12-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by traxxas_jato
how hard does it have to be to use a exploded view? i have torn into my rear diff and tranny, the exploded views are enough help! more than enough!
Agreed. Some people just like to have their hand held whenever they do anything - and step-by-step instructions do that for them.

I don't get what is so difficult about Traxxas products? I have worked on PLENTY for people over the years and I never had a manual of any kind for them. If in doubt - just pay attention when you take them apart.

Why doesn't Traxxas include manuals? Because they are RTR. If they were kits they would need assembly instructions - but they aren't so they don't.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.