cheapest website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cheapest website

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

ill suport one of my two hobby shop(ones right next to my house and the other about a half hour away with a track). ill suport the farther shop cause it has good people. the people at the hobby shop help me out and give me advice. simply that there are good people at the hobby store makes me suport them. the other hobby store closer to my house i do not suport because i dont like the atmosphere in the hobby shop. its owned buy a old guy (im guessing about 60 to 65) and when i walk in they automaticly ignore me because im a kid wich makes them asume that i dont have much money so there going to concetrate on the older guy that has a fat wallet. i looked at a radio system(at the same store) and asked about something like a dx2 and they said that they dont suport it but i look in the back of the store and they had one with a price tag on it so now im totaly done with that store. with my situation i think that is why people turn to online.

rc excitement kicks ass
Old 11-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

when i first started going to my LHS they didnt pay much attention to me either(me being 15), but as i started going there more(and spending more money) they started to help me and explain things to me more. i can notice the difference when an older guy walks in with a fat wallet tho. i think its just the way some people are. i completely support them now.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

i think we got off topic...A-main, B-main, southeastrc, towerhobbies.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I just experienced today the point I was making earlier why I don't support my local hobby store. I went to three different hobby store today just to get some racing fuel. The first store i went to (Hobbypeople.net) had NO racing fuel. X on that one. I went to a hobby store right around the corner from there, and the only thing they had worth buying was the Losi Nitrotane. But someone told me to stay away from it cause it is not enough oil in it. Finally, I went to the third hobby store, and they had all the fuel worth buying, but I just don't like their attitude. I asked about the Losi fuel and mentioned that a friend of mines said Losi fuel don't have enough oil in it. He said, "well that guy must don't know what he's talking about". And I wanted to say so bad, "that guy who don't know what he's talking about races for Mugen DUMMY!!! I would take his words over yours anytime" So, I walked out just because of the principle. And there you go. Three hobby store and I still have NO racing fuel.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

RC Nation has great prices and awesome customer service. Their online prices are good, but not all products are listed on the site. It works better by calling them or emailing them. I got a lot of stuff that I can't get from my sponsors from them. If you need Fioroni and Novarossi stuff, myhobbydepot.com is place for me.

I know this is off topic, but wanted to share it with you anyway:
I tried support LHS, but found out that they are not willing to support to local racing scene. I am involved in the organization of a local track and we approached all hobby shops within 1 hr drive and nobody wanted to provide any support. We even offered them to come out to have a stand to sell stuff, but they did not even want to come out if we wouldn't charge them! And it's not that there are a lot of tracks around here that they have to support either. Here in West Michigan the racing scene is picking up, but there are only about 5 or 6 organized tracks in total.....

Edwin

Last edited by ehartman_49348; 11-10-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

There is one LHS that supports racing and even has their own big race facility . But there prices have climbed to outragous and if you don`t race at their track every week , they don`t care about you . This place is only 35 minutes away from me and 10-15 years ago it wasn`t this bad . Since I don`t like the attitude at the shop and track I travel 2 hours the other way to race at a few tracks and these hobby shops and tracks have good prices and show respect and care about customers . For many years I was all about supporting your LHS , but I buy most my stuff from Amain , Bmain , LPH , Horizon ,Nitrohouse and Tower . When at a track and they have what I need I have no problem giving them my money .
Old 11-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 on what Drew, Briguy and others have said.

Business is business. If it isn't meeting the customer's needs, then it's going to fail.

I don't buy the excuse that the hobby industry is difficult and that's why most hobby store owners fail... They fail because they're not in tune with market demand and competitive price models.

I get so sick of rolling into a store where they supposedly carry OFNA products as well as racing stuff, but they don't have a dang thing that I need, and their prices have 300% or more markups.

So, I go online, get exactly what I need, shipped to my door, no taxes, at a fair price...

I've used www.nitrohouse.com for around 2 years now, and couldn't be happier. Highly competitive pricing (They'll usually meet or beat advertised pricing) and most of the guys race. Rob Bender works there, races A LOT, tests prototype parts for manufacturers and is like a human database when it comes to part numbers... Even better is the fact that he's personally tested most of the products there and offers invaluable advice on what works and what doesn't. The owner, Tim, is very knowledgeable too...

Give them a try, you won't regret it.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Nitro house is cool, but they charge you taxes and shipping is not free over $100 purchase.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

omnimodels.com gives you free shipping on orders over $100. and they have discounts all the time. $10 discount with $100 purchase, $15 discount with $150 purchase and I think theres one more. they seem to have good prices.

powerhobby.com has nice prices too along with free shipping over $100. never ordered from powerhobby though.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racinmason
omnimodels.com gives you free shipping on orders over $100. and they have discounts all the time. $10 discount with $100 purchase, $15 discount with $150 purchase and I think theres one more. they seem to have good prices.

powerhobby.com has nice prices too along with free shipping over $100. never ordered from powerhobby though.
Nice screen name...........
Old 11-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

teeforb...

Sorry for the confusion, that particular statement was referring to my Ebay Online purchases... I try to get most of my Hyper 8.5 parts via Ebay, but will buy from nitrohouse if I can't wait two weeks on an item.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACING MASON
Nice screen name...........
haha, you too.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Briguy
There is one LHS that supports racing and even has their own big race facility . But there prices have climbed to outragous and if you don`t race at their track every week , they don`t care about you . This place is only 35 minutes away from me and 10-15 years ago it wasn`t this bad . Since I don`t like the attitude at the shop and track I travel 2 hours the other way to race at a few tracks and these hobby shops and tracks have good prices and show respect and care about customers . For many years I was all about supporting your LHS , but I buy most my stuff from Amain , Bmain , LPH , Horizon ,Nitrohouse and Tower . When at a track and they have what I need I have no problem giving them my money .
LH can be a bit high on prices I agree. However, the staff does race, understand racers, gets parts to the track as promised and they extra 75 cents or a dollar and a quarter helps fund the best indoor track in the Midwest so I don't have a big issue with it. I try to come prepared with plenty of on-line purchased spare parts.

Briguy, you seem more than a little bit bitter towards LH, I was once also. Maybe you should give them a second chance like I did. I'm happy that I did.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeremyS
support your local hobby shop.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

R/C Boyz,Highbanks r/c

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.