Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Question??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Engine Question??

Alright I finally broke in my O.S. .28 truggy motor. I got the motor tuned and its running well, it doesn't seem to be to lean because theirs plenty of smoke and the temp is at 230. However, on the last tank the motor started to make a weird sound. After full speed runs when I would let off the gas it would stop sounding like it was idling like dadadadadada, and it would just almost making a humming sound like naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (sorry its kind of hard to explain sounds). After I would blip the brakes or throttle a couple of times it would go away and begin to idle. It also made the wheels turn when it was making this sound almost like the engine was running higher than it should. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas?? I was going to check the clutch first and see if a bearing on shoe was sticking a little.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

do you mean it stay at a high idle after wot, if thats the case its lean on the bottom
Old 09-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No I wasn't a high idle. The engine did speed up, but was making a weird sound nothing like an idle.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check your pressure fitting and line from the pipe to the fuel tank , may be pinched or cut