Wiki Posts
Search

VTX B1 RTR 1/8 Buggie owners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default VTX B1 RTR 1/8 Buggie owners?

I'm starting this thread so we can share racing tips,race setups,parts or what ever. My VTX is all stock but the motor has changed twice after i blow up the stock motor trying to roto start for 30 min. strait and fried the one way bearing
Old 09-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

My VTX-B1 is all but stock by now.... I've got most of the VTX Optional billet parts on it by now, replaced the servos, replaced the radio (Spektrum), replaced engine (Ninja B01A), replaced pipe (JP2/JP3, depending on the track), Werks Racing clutch. With all this I don't mean that the stock RTR VTX-B1 is a bad buggy, but some things need to be changed to make it race worthy. The billet parts are almost a must as far as the suspension components and the chassis braces go.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
My VTX-B1 is all but stock by now.... I've got most of the VTX Optional billet parts on it by now, replaced the servos, replaced the radio (Spektrum), replaced engine (Ninja B01A), replaced pipe (JP2/JP3, depending on the track), Werks Racing clutch. With all this I don't mean that the stock RTR VTX-B1 is a bad buggy, but some things need to be changed to make it race worthy. The billet parts are almost a must as far as the suspension components and the chassis braces go.
Cool thankz I thaut I was alone here with the VTX I also up graded to Spektrum and losi motor i'm working on the set up as far as suspension options i got alot of good set up options of here on rc tech. What billet parts did you get like the shock towers? the braces are already alum. why did you change them, and where are you from?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rltanner
Cool thankz I thaut I was alone here with the VTX I also up graded to Spektrum and losi motor i'm working on the set up as far as suspension options i got alot of good set up options of here on rc tech. What billet parts did you get like the shock towers? the braces are already alum. why did you change them, and where are you from?

I did not get the billet shock towers yet, but it's on the list for this winter. I replaced all the suspension mounts (anti-squat and stuff) all to billet. The stock aluminum ones tend to bend when you crash... My buddy has the billet shock towers on his and they seem to be a lot stronger... I just haven't bend mine too badly yet.... :-)

I am located near Grand Rapids, MI... Long ways away from you.... You've got it made with living close to the Nitro Pit!

I am working on creating a setup sheet and hope to have it done later next week. I will post it on the VTX forum once done.

Edwin
Old 09-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Cool

I did not get the billet shock towers yet, but it's on the list for this winter. I replaced all the suspension mounts (anti-squat and stuff) all to billet. The stock aluminum ones tend to bend when you crash... My buddy has the billet shock towers on his and they seem to be a lot stronger... I just haven't bend mine too badly yet.... :-)

I am located near Grand Rapids, MI... Long ways away from you.... You've got it made with living close to the Nitro Pit!

I am working on creating a setup sheet and hope to have it done later next week. I will post it on the VTX forum once done.

Edwin
Hartman im a buddy of Tanners and i was wondering how you like that Ninja engine? Rob and i are both looking around for better engines.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all just thought i would post some pics of my car its got all the billet blocks and braces ace servo's for steering and a bluebird on throttle with KO radio gear

Some upgraded screws throughout as the stock ones are a little soft alloy
running a go .21 7 port engine
kraddock ABS pads
Old 09-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlueisBetter
Hi all just thought i would post some pics of my car its got all the billet blocks and braces ace servo's for steering and a bluebird on throttle with KO radio gear

kraddock ABS pads
Sweet looking ride dude i noticed tha you have a gGo Tech motor i was in yuma this past weekend and talked to a guy that is a sales rep for Go Tech and he said the motors are awsome. What is your opion on the motor and how long have you had the motor i also got a 55% off coupon at the races for the Go Tech and am going to get one soon for my VTX.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RACING MASON
Hartman im a buddy of Tanners and i was wondering how you like that Ninja engine? Rob and i are both looking around for better engines.
I love the Ninja engine! Runs great and pretty decent fuel milage (once I got the carb settings figured out...). If you add an extra head shim, you can add a great bottom end to an engine that revs to the moon! I don't see many buggies that can hang with this engine on a long straight!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlueisBetter

kraddock ABS pads

What brake discs are you running? The stock ones? Mine seem to wear out fairly quickly and the inside seems to rounding off too quickly... I switched to the AvidRC brakes and they seem to last a lot longer!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Do you guys run the stock diff outdrives? I can race about a day and they are all torn up... Looking for some stronger outdrives, but I am not sure what else would fit....
Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Do you guys run the stock diff outdrives? I can race about a day and they are all torn up... Looking for some stronger outdrives, but I am not sure what else would fit....
I have everything stock still on my buggie i've had it for 7 mon. and have not changed diff oils once but now things are getting changed. i have the stock brakes, clutch what would you suggest i should get to upgrade
Old 09-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

I have everything stock still on my buggie i've had it for 7 mon. and have not changed diff oils once but now things are getting changed. i have the stock brakes, clutch what would you suggest i should get to upgrade
Seems like the stock clutch bell and shoes hold up pretty decent, but you could play with the clutch springs. I believe the stock springs are 1.0 mm and I have been running the stock shoes with 1.1 mm springs to have the engine rev a little more and then hit harder. That seemed to work pretty good, but it does depend on the track. Currently I am experimenting with a Werks Racing clutch, which I think I have figured out pretty good now. I do want to try with different shoes in the Werks clutch, as mine came with the rulon shoes, which seem to fade after about 10 minutes. Might be just me though, but I am going to try carbon shoes once they come in.

I can't believe you have not had to change out your diff outdrives.... I went through quite a few in the last couple of months.... Seems to be mostly in the rear, but the fronts are wearing out as well, just not as fast...

Edwin
Old 09-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Seems like the stock clutch bell and shoes hold up pretty decent, but you could play with the clutch springs. I believe the stock springs are 1.0 mm and I have been running the stock shoes with 1.1 mm springs to have the engine rev a little more and then hit harder. That seemed to work pretty good, but it does depend on the track. Currently I am experimenting with a Werks Racing clutch, which I think I have figured out pretty good now. I do want to try with different shoes in the Werks clutch, as mine came with the rulon shoes, which seem to fade after about 10 minutes. Might be just me though, but I am going to try carbon shoes once they come in.

I can't believe you have not had to change out your diff outdrives.... I went through quite a few in the last couple of months.... Seems to be mostly in the rear, but the fronts are wearing out as well, just not as fast...

Edwin
The shoes are fine i think my springs need to be changed out and the clutch bell has been changed to a OFNA 13 tooth but this weekend racing in the main my motor swifted a little and flatened out all the theeth on the bell so my race was over
Old 09-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

The shoes are fine i think my springs need to be changed out and the clutch bell has been changed to a OFNA 13 tooth but this weekend racing in the main my motor swifted a little and flatened out all the theeth on the bell so my race was over

One thing that I noticed is that you have to keep your eye on the stock bearings in the clutch bell. If they go out, they go out quick and cause a lot of problems.... I run Avid RC bearings in my car and they seem to last a lot longer. I do still replace my clutch bearings before every race though...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

One thing that I noticed is that you have to keep your eye on the stock bearings in the clutch bell. If they go out, they go out quick and cause a lot of problems.... I run Avid RC bearings in my car and they seem to last a lot longer. I do still replace my clutch bearings before every race though...
Oh yah i have changed my bearings a bunch of times im useing Duratrax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.