Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what buggy engine to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by sdmlsu1
Has anyone had problems with the adjustment nut moving on the Werks clutch during operation?
No, but I followed the suggested procedure:
1) Locktite the nut
2) Adjust nut to desired setting
3) Wait for locktite to cure
4) Take nut off
5) Repeat steps 1-3

Never had a problem. I have about 2 threads showing above the top of the adjustment nut.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran the Sportwerks .21 V2 this weekend and man, its a quick engine. On the tight track I normally run on, it keeps up with 'big' name engines.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Works Clutch -
Run the nut with gold spring about .75 to 1.5mm from flush depending on the engagement you want. Locktight it and let it cure (5 min). You will have a clutch that will last a whole season.
I run my clutches at 1.5mm from flush and change shoes for feel adjustments by combining shoe types. 2 roulon and 2 carbon - 3 roulon and 1 carbon....
You will get the idea.

Back to the thread....
Have you considered the Sportworks V2 engine. It is heavy in the bang for the buck department. We average 9 minutes of run time, 8+ gallons of operation, tuning second only to OS carbs and no problems with power.
Most of the time we are taking the power away from this seven port.
I have become a very big fan in our local area.
We have a shop full of parts and over the last two years we have only sold back plates to remove the pull starts from the RTR versions. They are quite simply incredible! I'm taking them over Italian horsepower now.

I do want to take a look at the Go Tech motors for the shop. People here seem to love them.
TEX
Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

hey thanks everyone regarding the picco p7 does anyone else recommend that engine? does the picco p7 use different plugs compared to the go engines?
thanks
Old 09-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

a personal invite to the race on the 29th, so we can see how that power house does on a short track...ill even let you race for free...[/QUOTE]

Well it appears my little powerhouse took the TQ and A-Main win in truggy at that little tight track !!!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the engine did well, but i say that nicks driving was so good he could have been running a old school OS RG and won the race...
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
the engine did well, but i say that nicks driving was so good he could have been running a old school OS RG and won the race...
Nick's an awesome driver.... especialy considering its his first season racing truggy..... he seriously kicked major ass at the canadian Nats and it was his forst time racing truggy ever LOL !!!!

the motor is potent, my buddy from AB mods has very similar mods to mine ( as we share timing secrets) and it dynoed 1.7 HP and 66 oz/in tq..which is extremely high for a .21......... actualy as a rule Picco's are very powerful, especialy when modded the JLR .12, the EVO2 and the P3 28 all have huge HP when modded..if big HP is what someone's after it doesnt get stronger then a modded Picco....
Old 09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
As promised ! here is a video of my new Go tech .25 Truggy engine

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...47493384507285
Good video that truggy looked and sounded pretty strong on the track cant wait to get my Go Tech for my buggy
Old 09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

mate if you want a good engine you are better off spending the money and buyin a BOSS engine they have just brang out a new line.