Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree157Likes

SHOW OFF YOU BUGGYS HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

chassis looks cool but does'nt seem very practical for off-road nitro buggy racing.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sly6t
sup just about finished my carbon mugen ...
built to be as light and narrow as i could .. using a few buggy brands to do it .. like losi stone guards and jammin .5 radio box to get it narrow . plus alot of carbon and carbon/kevlar ... plus a few dingo parts so the cars fast enuff to win the world just to make sure hahahah .....i used thin carbon to get the weight down , but had to run a extra brace on the center diff to make sure it did not flex to much . also used 1.5mm carbon/kevlar on the rear shock tower so just added a extra brace on that too ..turned out sweet light as bro
Attachment 751581

Attachment 751582

Attachment 751583

Attachment 751584

Attachment 751585

still wanna tidy up things on it a little and also pick wat body i wanna run ..

bulldog,punish or fighter ... cant make up my mind .. what ya think i should get ?????
Them there screws on the bottom of the chassis are not going to last very long huh?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ramjesr
Them there screws on the bottom of the chassis are not going to last very long huh?
Yeah he might want to counter sink those.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

cant counter sink because the chassis is 2 thin---1.5-2mmthick... .. 90% of the screws are button head so there sweet but the m3 screws i only had cap head on hand ..
and about the chassis not lasting , well i dont see why not . the carbon is very tuff and can take scratch's very well , it also has a lil flex built into it that will take away from hard landings. ...iv got a carbon SC10 that iv been bashing around for a while now and the chassis has lasted awsome . the carbon/kevlar brace i put in standing on end really stiffens it up great and adds lil weight. time will tell , i have not turned a wheel on it with this chassis yet . see how it goes.. need to work out wat body i want now ..
Old 05-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
chassis looks cool but does'nt seem very practical for off-road nitro buggy racing.
why do ya think it wont be ? not having a go , just kinda wanna know what would be a better way to go .. if plastic chassis are now coming into play why not carbon . if i can use very thin carbon but braced in a way that will not break , it will be alot lighter than alloy .
Old 05-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looks good mate, we can tell you put a lot of work into it! On dirt tracks here in the U.S., the constant abrasion on the bottom of the chassis from jumping and landing acts like a grinding wheel constantly sanding away the metal. Counter sunk screws can get ground down to the point where the allen wrench holes disappear altogether. Button head screws will wear down even faster since they are more exposed, and will also create a lot of friction when making contact with the ground, versus a smooth bottom chassis that will slide across dirt.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That CF chassis and all the upgrades are some brilliant ideas, only one problem,That Chassis gonna snap like a frito
Old 05-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
Cool looking chassis there
I am wondering how those screws sticking out under the chassis will go as could upset the handling a lot when you come off a jump, brake etc, and bottom it out.
Not to mention the fact those screws will wear Soo fast you wont be able to remove them for any sort of maintenance.

cant counter sink because the chassis is 2 thin---1.5-2mmthick... .. 90% of the screws are button head so there sweet but the m3 screws i only had cap head on hand ..
and about the chassis not lasting , well i dont see why not . the carbon is very tuff and can take scratch's very well , it also has a lil flex built into it that will take away from hard landings. ...iv got a carbon SC10 that iv been bashing around for a while now and the chassis has lasted awsome . the carbon/kevlar brace i put in standing on end really stiffens it up great and adds lil weight. time will tell , i have not turned a wheel on it with this chassis yet . see how it goes.. need to work out wat body i want now ..
An 1/10 Sc is NOT a 1/8 no matter How light you build it.

why do ya think it wont be ? not having a go , just kinda wanna know what would be a better way to go .. if plastic chassis are now coming into play why not carbon . if i can use very thin carbon but braced in a way that will not break , it will be alot lighter than alloy .
Carbon will work, But needs to be the proper thickness for multiple reasons. Also Plastic is Not Carbon and cant be compared against. Molded plastic chassis's have Excessive amount of re-enforcements build into the webs of the part. Carbon is Flat and the bracing you have tried will work poorly at best.

Originally Posted by goatbongoboy
That CF chassis and all the upgrades are some brilliant ideas, only one problem,That Chassis gonna snap like a frito

I Concur. Not to mention a rear tower out of 1.5mm wont last the first couple Carthweels.

Sorry sly6t Your intention's are good, you just need a new source for your material and get the good stuff while your at it.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by goatbongoboy
Exactly my thoughts when I saw it.. Not to mention on the first jump those button heads and cap heads will act like spikes, nearly stopping the car in its tracks.. Or tearing the track apart... Track owners don't generally like that sorta thing..
Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Why would you want a car to be that light?
Old 05-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cmon guys, give him a break. If people dont try and do things like this the Hobby wont go anywhere. Ever think maybe he just likes tinkering with things? Everyone has valid points but jeeezzz!

I say good job, give it a try, see what breaks and go back for some more R&D.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killabud
cmon guys, give him a break. If people dont try and do things like this the Hobby wont go anywhere. Ever think maybe he just likes tinkering with things? Everyone has valid points but jeeezzz!

I say good job, give it a try, see what breaks and go back for some more R&D.
+1 - this is why every buggy on the market looks basically the same.

Kudos for at least trying something instead of armchair engineering someone else's design. Keep us updated, maybe start your own thread on it and post up how it goes after it hits the track a few times.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Great job on those CF parts, they look really cool.. Double up on your towers and go test that beauty.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

interesting CF chassis you got there. Makes me think of them concept type design. looks +
Old 05-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

My Dingo;

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.