Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

satoch, I'm not real sure I should air out Billy's personal buisness. It looks bad and could possibly get all mixed up and look bad on our part. That is the recipe for a "rumour".

Nobody has Jumped shipped atleast not with OCM USA/OCM RACING and Billy Easton. I can not speak for other teams.

Billy took a "job" with serpent. That was in the works for a fair amount of time. Billy flew to Holland and met w/ them months ago. It will not be a you race we pay you but a more job like role. From day one Billy Easton never had a contract with us. Both had Verbal agreements and it was forfilled by both sides. We are now moving on. Billy still has the car and will run it when he has the chance. We were thankful Billy had some input w/ us and we are happy for him and his new venture. He will do well.

Alan Burton
Team OCM USA
www.ocmamerica.com
Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

I'm sure you had no bad intentions....

Maybe just sending me a email would be the better thing.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

No bad intentions just curious. After all, these guys are "professional racers" so why shouldn't the rest of us get the story just like we do when a NASCAR driver changes teams?

If we are to partially base our purchasing decisions by the success of "pro drivers" a manufacturer proports to have on their "team" then I feel it's only fair that we have the story. That's all.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

I understand. Unfortunately that just can't always happen. You don't hear the real story from nascar, supercross, or any racing for that matter. Some things are just not open for everyone. But we are hear to help you all the same and we have drivers in the works and a few top level drivers who are out testing and providing you w/ setups, tips, pictures, and anything else you may need.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
No bad intentions just curious. After all, these guys are "professional racers" so why shouldn't the rest of us get the story just like we do when a NASCAR driver changes teams?

If we are to partially base our purchasing decisions by the success of "pro drivers" a manufacturer proports to have on their "team" then I feel it's only fair that we have the story. That's all.
Try looking a little more locally if you want to see what vehicles and equipment you should purchase. Pro drivers get paid to make anything they touch look almost perfect. The true test of product comes in the hands of everyday racers that are not "PRO DRIVERS".

Besides, what difference does it make....who drives for who? Good products last because they're good.....not because "Driver X" does good with it.

Podium returned to Locked and Stowed position......thank you.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Billy Easton is a local driver here. I was only considering buying OCM because he's local and a "real pro". Whatever.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by satoch
Billy Easton is a local driver here. I was only considering buying OCM because he's local and a "real pro". Whatever.

WOW!!!! I never saw that comin'.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Billy is a real pro.....and I'm sure he would tell you any of his buisness that he thought anyone needed to know if you had asked him. His business is his business.....not ours. He has helped us.... and we thank him.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Bruce- Still making waves whatever forum you happen to frequent..Some things never change.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Bruce- Still making waves whatever forum you happen to frequent..Some things never change.
Why is asking pointed questions "making waves"? I'm just curious that's all.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

I'll get w/ Billy and let him know you would like to find out the situation, thats the best I can do...
Old 09-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

OK, I just got off the phone with Billy. I'm gonna send him a email and he will reply to me with his statement as he feels fit. He has allowed me to use this should this come up in the future. I will post it here for you as well as some of the major sites.\\

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

USED OCM KAOS DT-19(TEST BUGGY)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, I have one buggy for sale. This has approx 2-3 gallons of fuel and is in great shape. It has the aftermarket chassis as well as a couple more option Parts. It will not include a body or wheels and will be buggy only. Put in your electronics and motor and it will be track ready......

Email me @ [email protected]
Old 09-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Default BILLY EASTON

Alan,

The pure and simple fact of me switching from sponsor to sponsor, is not necessarily by my choice. Things happen, companies can no longer afford to pay me or they go out of business. Some companies change their direction of business and no longer want to attend races at the level they use to.In fact sometimes you just don't get along with them. In a world like mine, when racing is your staple for income, it is a necessity to be paid to do the job. If the income does not come my way, or the manufacturer is unhappy, then I have to find new income.

However, my choice to no longer race for OCM is very simple. I originally made an arrangement with Competition products to use that car. My commitment was not to OCM direct but indirectly. When the two parties parted ways, it was obvious I could no longer use the car if I were to continue with Competition products. If I were to continue on, it would have been to go direct with OCM. In this situation, I would have had two sponsors that wanted me to attend races that conflicted with one another. You simply cannot race for Dodge and Ford at the same time. So, with the shear fact that now I have two sponsors that want to attend races that conflict I had to make yet another choice. Serpent was in need of a guy that had the skills I possess, on and off the track. So, my choice to race for them was more of a working agreement than of a racing one. I will still attend races, but will also be working for them regularly. This way, I have only one sponsor and they are in control of the events I attend. It simply makes it easier on me and them, kind of like a Losi or Associated.

Now, its really interesting how the Internet works. Nobody on here seems to knock, Ricky Carmichael or even Jeremy McGrath when they switch motorcycle manufacturers. However, RC racers are an easy target to those in the industry who are narrow minded and or do not understand reality. People have to make a living, and although I am not proud I have had to switch companies, nor did I really want to. You have to start all over again on setup's,understanding the cars and getting to know the people. Its really like, who moved my cheese. The problem is , its life.

Billy Easton
Old 09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Alan- Sent you an EMail.

Bruce- I just never seen a post from you that had anything good to say about a person or product. You've been racing long enough to know what you want. How many times you race with Mr Easton anyway? Is he even still in Milwaukee?

skeller- PM'd ya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.