Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There weren't ANY problems with the diffs themselves, the prob. was the bulkheads, Alan and I tested 3 different brands of diffs in the original bulkheads and had the same problems. The new bulkheads have already been run by several team, and non-team drivers with no problems at all. Alan has about 2 gallons on his car with the new bulkheads and 2nd batch diffs with no problems as well. If you purchased a vehicle.....from any batch that had defective parts....contact Alan Burton and he will take care of you.

This car is as solid as any other car out there with excellent customer support.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Coming soon...........
Attached Thumbnails OCM KAOS DOMINATING-dt-19-evo.jpg  
Old 08-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm a bit concerned. I hope OCM doesn't do to me what Team Magic has done to me.

I like giving the "underdog" a chance, since I know what its like to run a business, but by the same token, I don't want to spend a wad of cash on something that only has support if any, for a short duration before the company brings out a "new and improved" version leaving the "loyal" customer to have to fork out another 500 plus bucks for the new one.

Thats what Team Magic has done and I hope OCM does not do the same thing.

I like my DT-19 but if a new kit is what it takes to get a better buggy (than my std) , then I'm going to take my money to Kyosho, Mugen, Xray, or one of the established brands that stick with a design for at least a year and I know that the previous years model is solid...

Now I'm not asking that OCM give away the "EVO", but how about a discounted price to those that already have a previous version...

Don't let me down OCM!!!

Originally Posted by skeller
Coming soon...........
Old 08-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15
Interestingly enough, people actually confused it with the Xray. Most said it was the shock towers that threw them off. Alot of people were impressed with it.

But after I broke, most people thought that I would have been better off with an Xray or Mugen. Thats a problem a new company faces. They have to do it better than the "establishment". People already have serious doubts about new/unproven companies, so when something breaks and they see it, it confirms their doubts...

IF OCM can get me the parts, I'll be running it at the Colorado State Championships next weekend. Hurry up OCM

on your parts contact Alan Burton at [email protected]

if he hasnt gotten em to you he will be glad to hook you up.....he is comminted to getting those first few problems and any others handled....
Ya i thought the same thing when i saw it for the first time kind of a best of both worlds situation hybrid between a mugen and an xray ......good luck at colorado...and then also stuff breaks i bet once the updated parts are in the doubt will be long gone
Old 08-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15
I'm a bit concerned. I hope OCM doesn't do to me what Team Magic has done to me.

I like giving the "underdog" a chance, since I know what its like to run a business, but by the same token, I don't want to spend a wad of cash on something that only has support if any, for a short duration before the company brings out a "new and improved" version leaving the "loyal" customer to have to fork out another 500 plus bucks for the new one.

Thats what Team Magic has done and I hope OCM does not do the same thing.

I like my DT-19 but if a new kit is what it takes to get a better buggy (than my std) , then I'm going to take my money to Kyosho, Mugen, Xray, or one of the established brands that stick with a design for at least a year and I know that the previous years model is solid...

Now I'm not asking that OCM give away the "EVO", but how about a discounted price to those that already have a previous version...

Don't let me down OCM!!!
And from what i can tell they will ship you a little care package to get the kaos up to snuff....i know it would include the parts to make the diffs solid ......ie... bulkheads and such ...just shot him an email to the addy i gave above ......later

oh and also one little side note they had a major problem with there email server at one point about 2-3 weeks ago so if there was any lack of communication that was prolly the cause......also you may want to check this thread as well for updates and info.........http://techtalk.teamtrinity.com/tt/s...ad.php?t=11783
Old 08-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

On the EVO, I personally don't know what the plan is as for as only "upgrading" the current kit to the EVO. As soon as I find out I will relay the info to everyone.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys, look if I can help anyone please let me know. We did have a few issues early on but we have really gotten them resolved. I'm not going into all the stuff with the past distributor or why we parted ways but I feel we are much better off. We have much more stock, better customer support, and shipping is much better now that it is under our control.

I do have updated parts for you ocm guys and if you got a shoebox kit I'll even send you a bag out!

I'm trying to show people that this is in fact a good buggy. We have a great team and I will announce the signing of a couple more of the nations top drivers soon!

Just send me a email and lets get goin

Thanks,
Alan Burton
Team OCM USA
Old 08-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey Alan,

I believe I sent you an e-mail via the OCM America Site. If I could get those parts prior to the 25th of Aug that'd be great. I know its asking alot, but its our BIG State Race. I'll even pay for the quicker shipping.

Just want to be up and running for the big weekend!

Thanks
Old 08-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well,I own a hobby shop in ohio,And i stock the OCM,I bought in just after i seen Billy Easton run his at Dirt Country in the midwest proseries,And thats when they were with COMP,And Iam here to tell you from a hobb shops point of view Iam sure glad there are not with them..And yes they had few problems with the car and the shoe box,But they have turned that around,I have one and two buddys that run the OCM car,Infact Matt(breezy) Took
5th in the Ohio proseries. And his car was the first gen and has never had a issue with the diffs or its plastic.I must say I do beleave in this car and its company or i would not sell it at my shop or evan race one myself.Get a hold of Alan if you need anything for the your OCM buggy.He will take care of you.I still had one of the old kits And i was planning on giving it away at the Ohio proseries finals I had been talking to alan and he 2 day me one of the Updated kits to replace the old kit.And i gave away the new kit at the race.I can tell you there is not one Big manufacture that would do that.NOT ONE.So give ocm a chance and keep your eyes open you will see OCM at the big races
Old 08-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have seen this car run and I think it handles well by watching it. I agree with the last post, how many other manufactures will send you updated parts for free? i I think alan is doing a fine job with representing ocm well. If I can ever have enoungh money I may be purchasing a updated kit myself. Who cares if it looks like a mugen, xray hybrid, those 2 cars rock.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Ricky Bobby....

I sent you out a few care packages as well. Should be seeing those soon. Hey guys...we got a lot of good things happening. Just get in touch w/ me if you have any ???. We will also start posting setups and information as well as new parts coming

Thanks!

Alan Burton
Team OCM USA
Old 08-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Bush....got your email, parts will be going out monday. I'll email you a tracking # as well.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

FlybyWire - I raced for Mugen Seiki for 4 yrs and I can tell you it is no copy, the suspension geometry is completely different, there are several different suspension adjustments that are not on a mugen (or any other current car for that matter). The quality of the manufacturing is top notch and only going to get better.

BushyAR15 - I will be at that race personally and I will make sure you get your parts, and anything else you may need. I'm a representative of OCM factory and will take care of anyone needing help. I've seen pics of the new EVO and I should have parts to test shortly, I have been told it will be available for stupid cheap to existing customers as an upgrade.

roscoe71 - OCM and Competition Distributers parted ways for alot of reasons, be assured its for the better, as OCM factory is the principle behind OCM USA and it will handled is the most professional way. They are available at the office for questons, tech and parts support ocmamerica.com has all the info for contact hours/days etc.

I have quite a bit of time on my buggy wihtout a single part failure, I raced our local state race this weekend and couldn't be happier. The buggy ran faster lap times than any truggy and felt great. I feel like I can do things driving this car I could never do with a mugen, I pushed the car and hammered down in the main and it took all I could dish out. Here's a link to my setup sheet and the track surface we ran on. I will post things on my putfile page periodically if I need a pic to explain a setup question or tips.

Tony Newland
Team OCM USA

mugen4life - apparently you dont remember the mbx4 or the first runs of kyosho 7.5's every manufacturer has gone through a learning curve.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Some pics of the new EVO stuff..............
Attached Thumbnails OCM KAOS DOMINATING-kaos-evo-1.jpg   OCM KAOS DOMINATING-kaos-evo-2.jpg   OCM KAOS DOMINATING-kaos-evo-3.jpg   OCM KAOS DOMINATING-kaos-evo-4.jpg   OCM KAOS DOMINATING-kaos-evo-5.jpg  

Old 08-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Ricky Bobby....

I sent you out a few care packages as well. Should be seeing those soon. Hey guys...we got a lot of good things happening. Just get in touch w/ me if you have any ???. We will also start posting setups and information as well as new parts coming

Thanks!

Alan Burton
Team OCM USA
Thanks Alan
I got the email with the tracking number,Also I have some more pics to email you.Matt took 5th with his OCM buggy in the finals this weekend.And Rich holmes won the B main and bump into the A and was in 9th When he went out due to Tech issue.Not bad considering He ran 30 B main then right into A 40 min A main and ran 30 min of that before he went out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.