Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XB8/XT8 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pablo101
I Ran the setup this week with Losi Silver springs on the Blue aluminum shoes and Gold spring on the composite. It suited my driving style perfectly for my local track! The Clutch engaged w/ a linear feel and I could rotate the car with a quick snap of throttle. The Bearings are of there second week now and a I’ll be giving them more of a durability test this weekend. This Clutch is Awesome!
So how are you liking the Losi Clutch now? I was thinking about trying this but I have a couple of questions. Does the Losi bell mate well with the Xray spur or does it make a lot of noise? I couldn't find a Hyper 7 adjustable mount but I found these for the Sportwerks Mayhen and Jamimin X1 RTR...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3665

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4318

Do you think one of these would work?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

whats wrong with the stock clutch
Old 09-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Nothing is wrong with the stock clutch. It is just not as adjustable as the losi clutch as far as springs and shoe compounds. It also takes longer to change a standard clutch and do maintenance on it. I also like the fact that the bell wears more evenly because there is no gap for the spring. More of the clutch is actually touching the bell and that should mean a more positive hookup when sprung correctly. I plan to run the Dynamite Max Life shoes too instead of the stock Losi shoes.

The other thing is I am using it on a TQ so its a great way to move the engine back a few mm like on the EC without having to buy all the other parts to move it back the way it is done on the EC.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

i got a tq also, that does make sense what you want to do
Old 09-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is the biggest lipo pack that is fitting into this car? I have the one that is about 1250ma but was curious if there was another one out there that was bigger.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbarnes
Nothing is wrong with the stock clutch. It is just not as adjustable as the losi clutch as far as springs and shoe compounds. It also takes longer to change a standard clutch and do maintenance on it. I also like the fact that the bell wears more evenly because there is no gap for the spring. More of the clutch is actually touching the bell and that should mean a more positive hookup when sprung correctly. I plan to run the Dynamite Max Life shoes too instead of the stock Losi shoes.

The other thing is I am using it on a TQ so its a great way to move the engine back a few mm like on the EC without having to buy all the other parts to move it back the way it is done on the EC.

I assume your using the Losi engine mounts as well. THe Losi clutch is fantastic, it's easy to work on and does add alot more adjustability than most 3 shoe clutches.

This question is directed towards anyone: at one point there was a list of differences between the TQ and the EC. I've looked around and haven't found much, can anyone provide a link/list of these changes.

THanks, Kevin.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:06 AM

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...nversion%20Set
Old 09-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
I assume your using the Losi engine mounts as well. THe Losi clutch is fantastic, it's easy to work on and does add alot more adjustability than most 3 shoe clutches.

So are you using the Losi clutch on your Xray? I haven't tried it yet but I have all the parts coming in on Tuesday. Do I need the Losi mount? The guy who posted previously about this said he was using the Hyper 7 mounts.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by *Topher*
What is the biggest lipo pack that is fitting into this car? I have the one that is about 1250ma but was curious if there was another one out there that was bigger.
I am using the "ProTek" (from AMainHobbies) 2300mAh LiPo in both the EC and the XT8, it is the same size as the standard 5 cell 2/3 A NiMH pack.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/15789
Old 09-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Are there any batteries like that one with a balance lead on the end so you can use a lipo balance charger? I need one with at least 2000mah that fits in the XB8 battery box the normal way.

Or is it hard to add one of those leads to the Protek pack?
Old 09-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is the one I have been using it is good for about 1 hour of run time.

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=986

I was curious if this one would work. It is 2000mah

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=972

I haven't measured yet but I think it would.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by dbarnes
Are there any batteries like that one with a balance lead on the end so you can use a lipo balance charger? I need one with at least 2000mah that fits in the XB8 battery box the normal way.

Or is it hard to add one of those leads to the Protek pack?
I honestly don't think that a balancing port is needed on a Rx battery. They aren't discharged as hard as a pack that would be used to power the motor like in an electric powered vehicle. I just top off the Rx pack between rounds and haven't had any issues yet.

I wouldn't mess with adding the leads to the Protek pack.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok but I would like to know if it is possible to add the balancer. I have the HT balance charger that only has the hookups for the balance leads from the battery.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Thanks, I've seen the conversion before, but wanted to know the specifics (how far back the engine was moved, how much larger the shocks are) . In the EC thread, everything was listed, but not since the threads were combined.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The engine is moved back 4mm, and the shocks have a 1mm larger inner diameter. The shock springs have not changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.