Like Tree14Likes

RC10GT2 thread!

Reply

Old 04-27-2007, 08:08 PM
  #46  
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

Hey Guys,


I was wondering if the new OS TG is coming out? I looked up the part # OSMG1988 on Tower site looking for a clue on a release date and they show it as Discontinued. How can that be if the engine is brand new???



Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:56 PM
  #47  
Tech Initiate
 
donut3321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: lancaster pa.
Posts: 22
Default

kevin a guy i race with got his at pitstop ask jim about it.
donut3321 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:43 PM
  #48  
Tech Apprentice
 
Born2Lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 73
Default

My buddy gave me his gt2 to work on and i have a question about the pull start. When i pull the string should i here more than 1 stroke or should it turn over more than once?
Born2Lose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:44 PM
  #49  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (54)
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the new OS TG is coming out? I looked up the part # OSMG1988 on Tower site looking for a clue on a release date and they show it as Discontinued. How can that be if the engine is brand new???

Thanks
Kevin Boyle

Wow, that is crazy....Why did they disco the original TG already? I really liked mine....but now Im nervous.
AndyMoore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:42 AM
  #50  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
stanky626's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Born2Lose
My buddy gave me his gt2 to work on and i have a question about the pull start. When i pull the string should i here more than 1 stroke or should it turn over more than once?
Are you talking about how far to pull the pull-start cord? I yank mine like a lawn mower and the puppy starts up every time. The piston probably turns over about 10 times. Just make sure you don't pull the cord all the way out. Pull it... maybe 1 foot to 1 1/2 feet out. Is this what you're talking about?
stanky626 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:24 AM
  #51  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
slakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,795
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Hey Guys,


I was wondering if the new OS TG is coming out? I looked up the part # OSMG1988 on Tower site looking for a clue on a release date and they show it as Discontinued. How can that be if the engine is brand new???



Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Looks like from Tower you can get it with a slide carb Pull and non-Pull and only in Pull-start with a rotary carb. So I guess if you want non-pull rotary carb you have to by the slide carb version and also a rotart carb.

... that stinks
slakr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:45 AM
  #52  
Tech Apprentice
 
Born2Lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 73
Default

Sorry i didnt explain very well , when i pull the cord the engine seems like it only turns over once. could the pull start be bad ?
Born2Lose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:25 AM
  #53  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by slakr
Looks like from Tower you can get it with a slide carb Pull and non-Pull and only in Pull-start with a rotary carb. So I guess if you want non-pull rotary carb you have to by the slide carb version and also a rotart carb.

... that stinks
Only way to get a smooth motor for the Gt-2..
Well worth it too...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:02 AM
  #54  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
norman2cycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 424
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Born2Lose
Sorry i didnt explain very well , when i pull the cord the engine seems like it only turns over once. could the pull start be bad ?
IMO it sound like the oneway bearing of the pull start is slipping or is not working properly!!! hope this helps
norman2cycle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:40 PM
  #55  
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

Well the TG was a back up to the TZ that I am currently running. I might get the TG with slide carb and swap it out.



Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:45 AM
  #56  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NH
Posts: 1,223
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

i was runnig a tz with the 10e and restricter this thing was a rocket but when i changed over this weekend to my cv-r it was slower power wise but alot faster on the track time sell the tz if anyone is intrested pm me
HECTICRACER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:59 PM
  #57  
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Wow, that is crazy....Why did they disco the original TG already? I really liked mine....but now Im nervous.

Andy,

I checked on the engine and they are just going to offer the TG with the pilot shaft in either rotary or slide carb. No release date yet



Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:43 PM
  #58  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 386
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I sure am happy I have 2 new in box cv-r's....
Scott S. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:32 AM
  #59  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 203
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Andy,

I checked on the engine and they are just going to offer the TG with the pilot shaft in either rotary or slide carb. No release date yet
FWIW: I called GP and talked to them about why they discontinued the rotary non-pull start already, didn't get very far as to "why". He was actually kind of surprised they did. He said in late july OS will be offering a TG with a rotary again, pilot shaft version only.

Didn't talk about the slide carb versions of the TG, they seem to be plentiful right now.
jg727211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:56 AM
  #60  
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by Scott S.
I sure am happy I have 2 new in box cv-r's....

Scott,

Were you stalking me last night? First on RC10B4 and now on here lol

Are you going to the Truck Gas nats this summer at the Farm?

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service