Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree46Likes

RC10GT2 thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
Yes, converting t5m to nitro. Hoping it will be good. I will post some pics, just have to find a hosting site. I hate photobucket and my old private hosting site is no longer around.
which transmission are you using? and how many mods have you had to do so far?
Old 09-10-2016, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hesh
which transmission are you using? and how many mods have you had to do so far?
Rc10gt transmission.

Filled in part of the chassis where the t5m transmission was. Drill a couple holes.....good to go.....lol
Old 09-13-2016, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Rc10gt transmission.

Filled in part of the chassis where the t5m transmission was. Drill a couple holes.....good to go.....lol
Plans slightly changed.

GT2 transmission.

Mounted, motor mounted, fuel tank and throttle servo mounted.

Getting close
Old 09-14-2016, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

is there a way to fit a small rx pack inboard instead of hanging off the back like traditional mounts were? I remember the dreaded "crack" if you landed to far back and snapping the battery box off. with lipos these days I would think you could fit it up near the steering servo probably?

we are getting a new 1/10 indoor track and im dying to bring back 1/10 nitro st!!!
Old 09-17-2016, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I have successfully converted my T5M to gas truck. I miss the gas truck days...simple, over powered, pretty inexpensive and a drivers class.

The basics.
T5M chassis, rear supsension, front suspension and body.
GT2 transmission, fuel tank, throttle servo mount.

Mostly finished product. Still have to do the throttle linkage and pipe mount.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

sweet. looks good. got any more pics. interested in seeing the under side.

edit: never mind. saw your other post
Old 10-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Finally got back State Side!! Miss my GT2 friends!!! Everyone still driving there trucks?!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Well, I have successfully converted my T5M to gas truck. I miss the gas truck days...simple, over powered, pretty inexpensive and a drivers class.

The basics.
T5M chassis, rear supsension, front suspension and body.
GT2 transmission, fuel tank, throttle servo mount.

Mostly finished product. Still have to do the throttle linkage and pipe mount.

That is Awesome!!!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
Finally got back State Side!! Miss my GT2 friends!!! Everyone still driving there trucks?!
Long time, no hear... Lol. I remember your posts from long ago.

Just drove mine yesterday and my gt5.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Cant wait to hear the side by side comparison! Please let us know how the GT2 and the GT5 are different in how they drive.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Big Bore Shocks

I'm seriously thinking about putting big bore shocks on my GT2. I've done a lot of research on them and they look like an easy fit and the improvement seems valid. But I'm wondering if the cost is really worth it. I'm using v2 shocks atm.

I would really like some feedback on the performance vs cost of big bore shocks on the GT2.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coneman
I'm seriously thinking about putting big bore shocks on my GT2. I've done a lot of research on them and they look like an easy fit and the improvement seems valid. But I'm wondering if the cost is really worth it. I'm using v2 shocks atm.

I would really like some feedback on the performance vs cost of big bore shocks on the GT2.

Thanks in advance
I ran T4's and Gt's for years with the little shocks. These days I'm running a T4.xx and a T5M, both with big bores. When I made the initial switch, I did not feel like it was worth it. Mainly b/c I didn't "know" the new shocks/pistons/springs like I knew the old shocks. I had years, of experience with the old ones, so I could dial them in quickly without problem. It took me quite a time to get the big bores where I felt like I liked them. I have now done that on both the trucks, I feel they work best with custom drilled pistons, 3 and 4 hole. Not even sure what I've got on my T5 now, but it is great!

I think the oil lasts longer in the big bores, if you lose some it's not as big of a deal as with the old shocks because there's more of it. It seems to me they stay cleaner, longer.

Is it worth the $ to upgrade? Are you racing? Do you want the best race vehicle you can have on the track? If you want to give yourself the best possible advantage on a race track, then yes, the big bores are better. But you'll spend time dialing them in before you're happy. If you are not racing, then don't bother. What's the point? The best thing that ever happened to ae shocks, was the bleeder caps. If you don't have a set of bleeder caps on your skinnies, then that is what I would do. Not worth the money for just driving around, in my humble opinion. And I don't say that to belittle just driving around or bashing.. whatever it is that makes one enjoy their rc car the most, do it. If you want to try them, form your own opinion, do it. But a gallon of fuel and a set of wheels/tires might be a better way to spend the $. Have fun, and enjoy your gt2. I wish I still had mine!
Old 11-21-2016, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks jbrow. there's about 6-8 of us get together once a month and have a run. We don't really race just a bunch of blokes getting together and having some fun on a track. So I suppose you're right, not really worth it atm. Unless they start whipping my arse. Lol

But I still can be talked into getting them.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coneman
thanks jbrow. there's about 6-8 of us get together once a month and have a run. We don't really race just a bunch of blokes getting together and having some fun on a track. So I suppose you're right, not really worth it atm. Unless they start whipping my arse. Lol

But I still can be talked into getting them.
lol, you sound like me. Put a WTB ad here on rctech. That's how I buy a lot of my stuff. I'd probably just look for a used T5M and buy that. You could then resell the T5 without shocks and recoup most your money. Or you could convert the T5M to a GT5M, like another guy did not to long ago. Although, honestly, owning a gt2 in the past and a T5M right now, they are strikingly similar. I remember when I first drove the gt2 when I switched from the blue chassis gt, it was sooo much better right out of the box. Remembering that feeling about the gt2 then, I would say it drove like my T5M does now. Hell, I was recently thinking of buying a used gt2 and converting it to electric to see how it stacks up with my T5. See what you've started? How does this happen when we were just talking about shocks? Dang. I just sold a 1/12 scale this afternoon, now I'm thinking about an eGT2 again. lol Carry on. Have fun with your buds, sounds like a blast to me!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Have fun, and enjoy your gt2. I wish I still had mine!
If you need a gt2, message me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.