Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Does anyone happen to have a spare wing mount set for the matrix that they dont need? Please Pm me.

on another note... I just found a brand new Rcbodies.net Matrix body!

Last edited by Brushlessboy16; 01-25-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I searched this thread but want to be sure. I'm trying to get my TR arena to take same rims and tires as my Hyper st pro. I bought the matrix c-1 17mm hexes and pins from cen. I guess all I need is some shims???

Which rims will these hexes take, Starndard Offset or 1/2 inch Offset??
I want to run proline tires and wheels.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dentman
I searched this thread but want to be sure. I'm trying to get my TR arena to take same rims and tires as my Hyper st pro. I bought the matrix c-1 17mm hexes and pins from cen. I guess all I need is some shims???

Which rims will these hexes take, Starndard Offset or 1/2 inch Offset??
I want to run proline tires and wheels.
the hexes take any 17mm mt rim... no matter what the offset.

your going to need quite a bit of shims..
Old 01-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Buy the Cen Matrix rear axles and you won't need shims for the rear. I may have a set somewhere around my garage that I can sell you. PM me if your interested.

For the front, go to your local hardware store and buy a small package of 8mm washers. You will need 1 washer for each universal. You may need to add a .1 shim to remove any backlash/play from the hexes. Using the washers is a lot better that using a bunch of shims IMO.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Can someone tell me where to find the cvd rebuild kits for the cen Cvd's?
Old 04-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default COMPLETING TR RACE ROLLER

Tree, not sure if you mind I jump in. I have the Arena RTR (selling to friend) to help finance completing my Matrix TR race roller. I have 17mm Thunder Tiger hubs, front cnc spindles, cnc rear hubs, cnc bellcrank & Gene's upper turnbuckles (f&r), Mugen shock springs, Avid single brake conversion & Badland tires on Max beadlocks & Hpi pins on Ofna dish (both black). I also ordered Jammin jpx.28 turbo race engine. I'm thinking of getting Vantage Racing carbon (top-end) pipe (VR1ST120L-05). Anyone use this pipe before ?

I also heard can use matrix buggy rear axles on TR to get rid of hub shims, but aren't the buggy axles a lot shorter ? If they work, I think Cen has blue cnc buggy axles to match Cen's lightweight blue cnc driveshafts ? I also hear some drivers are using Kyosho strr truggy axles up front to get rid of the front shims, but not sure if this is with the older front arms, or the new shorter front arms ? I hear the new CEN buggy just coming out has CVD. Maybe worth waiting, but how long before new TR comes out, & if they will even work ? Do you know if CEN's new cnc TR driveshafts fit both the Arena RTR & TR race roller ? Reason I'm asking is I think I heard the 7075 FRE chassis will not work on RTR ?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys, just came from the 5th stage of the national championship in my country (6 stages on first semester, 6 stages on second one) ... my bad luck its still with me, but the performance of my cars its awesome right now.

Truggy. A lot of time without racing truggy class and the car performed excellent, fast and precise, i ended making the TQ so was very optimistic about A-Main (40 minutes). Just prior to the start of a-main i discovered that my engine was flaming out badly and thats very strange due to the fact my engine performed flawlesly just couple hours before !. I started leading the A-Main but just after the start i ended flaming out again, 2 more and i decided to stop the car not going back to the track. After inspection, one of the clutch spings went out from the nut that holds it so it blocked my transmission, DAMN !!!, i think its my fault as i usually use CEN nuts or OFNA ones and during inspection i discovered i installed an old mugen style nut, wich its very "plane" on the "waist" part of it, so the spring came off easily ... that was it for me ...

Buggy. During qualifying, my first round was awesome, VP PRO 803 Strikers tyres were awesome hooked to the trood desition on differential and suspension setup. I ended 2nd just 8 seconds behind the leader. On second round and after half qualy and behing oin the back straight, one of my shocks came off, the upper nut went out and the shock came off, i decided to call it and ended. Third round was leading out and i started to feel that on breaking my car wanted to spin out ... call it to the pit area and was the lower knuckle screw that came off ... damn !!!.

So, i ended qualifying on C-Main on Buggy, i started the C-Main (20 minutes) and the car was awesome and i make it to win that race, so bumped to B-Main (20 more minutes) ... this time the racing was more fierce but the car was very good so i managed to end second just 3-4 seconds behind the leader, didnt wanted to fight for the lead, just make the job to go up to A-Main. Now all goes down ... charged the batteries during the midtime, prepared all with my pitman and just when he switched the car ON, my receiver BURNED OFF !! (s3100 DX3R spektrum one) ... so, while i was hearing how the a-main started, i was waiting for my pitman to do something (if i go down the driver stand, i got disqualified), he grabbed my truggy receiver and installed on the buggy while i was trying to program it for the buggy lol !! ... ended entering to the race 8 laps behind the last position and fought hardly ... when i was 2 laps behind the last position i felt i was making stupid mistakes for the rush to go up in positions, and was not worthy so i called out ... that was for me, winner made 50 laps, i made 35 ...

Very happy with my equipment, tyres, car and engine performed flawlesly, just need little help of god on next races ... thanks a lot to CEN, GO Engines, VP PRO, AVID RC, Ultimate Racing, Carolinas RC and Upgrade RC for the inconditional support down here at the end of the world (Chile - Southamerica).

cya !

[img]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/patoconcha/RC2009/20090405_CACH_OFFROAD/yo/IMG_6174.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a><br /><br />

</center>

cya !
Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Latest Pic of My Cen Matrix TR Arena

Old 10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Latest Vid of My TR Arena

I bought a HD camcorder... vids should look better now.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hi guys just found this thread

i have just purchased a cen matrix C1 and just wondering if it is race a race worthy car?

cheers
Old 12-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wriffwraff
Hey Wriff, What body is that?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by yuppi1
hi guys just found this thread

i have just purchased a cen matrix C1 and just wondering if it is race a race worthy car?

cheers
The C1 is heavier then the current buggies that are out now. The Matrix is a capable racer and with the weight of the C1, it makes the buggy feel a bit more stable especially if you're just starting out in racing. Good luck with your rig.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default bodyrock

how goes it tree? you asked about the body. it's the jconcepts body for the 6T.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
here's my latest vid. i'm running the reckward tuning "symbio" body here.

Last edited by wriffwraff; 12-02-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wriff, did you have to do any extra trimming to get the body to fit?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tree
Wriff, did you have to do any extra trimming to get the body to fit?
the 6T body is narrow, so if you're running the CEN chassis side guards, and running your body lowered, you'll have to stretch the sides of the body over the guards a little to seat it. also, the front shock tower rubs and takes paint off, so i used my body reamer and dremel to cut nostrils above or around the front shock tower

here's a link to a few pics http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...c=10135&st=380
Attached Thumbnails CEN Matrix TR-camera-full-pics-072709-083.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.