Losi 8ight building and setup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

ok whenever i roll my car the back wheels lock up but the fronts dont. i think its a diff problem
Old 01-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maycam10
ok whenever i roll my car the back wheels lock up but the fronts dont. i think its a diff problem

take it apart and figure it out.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

i need help though. could the diff be the problem
Old 01-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by maycam10
i need help though. could the diff be the problem

take the front and rear and off and check....spin them and feel them...if there's something wrong you can tell pretty easily.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Suspended

maycam10:
The easiest thing to do first is to back your rear brakes out, turn the knob clockwise. Then you know if your rear brakes are dragging. Also check to make sure your brake calipers are .020"-.030" apart.

There are a few things it could be if it is not your brakes dragging.
Your bearings could be bad it your hubs or diffs. Your ring and pinion could have to tight of a mesh, binding your rear.

Let me know if you don't get it figured out.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Set screws on swaybar?

What are the tiny set screws on the swaybar mounts for? If you set them tight it seems they don't transfer load from one side of the car to the other, but rather just stiffen each individual side. Are they supposed to be tight? When do you tighten them vs run them loose?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Do any of you losi pro's know about this?????????

My question is about the fitting from the rear drive shaft to the middle outdrive on the middle diff.

I didnt pay attention to har far inset the the drive shaft was to the middle outdrive before pulling the rear apart. After I got everything back toghether I notice that drive shaft was fitting flush in the outdrive. None of the other drive shafts fit like this one as the cross bars on the ball joint sits in the middle of the outdrive.

I tried to loosen up the middle diff from the bottom chasis to see if i could get a better fit however I had no luck.

The cross bars are sitting flush in the outdrive and it is secure its just not sitting as deep as the rest are. I spun the wheels and the rear drive shaft is engaged and everything seems to be turnning normal.

Is this normal or should I try to get a better fit before running it?

Thanks everyone.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
What are the tiny set screws on the swaybar mounts for? If you set them tight it seems they don't transfer load from one side of the car to the other, but rather just stiffen each individual side. Are they supposed to be tight? When do you tighten them vs run them loose?

Thanks

which one's..the one's on the diff case ? if so you want them somewhat loose so the bar can pivot but tight enough so the bar doesn't flop around....dismount the ends off the arms and make sure the bar has Zero resistance on it.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Do any of you losi pro's know about this?????????

My question is about the fitting from the rear drive shaft to the middle outdrive on the middle diff.

I didnt pay attention to har far inset the the drive shaft was to the middle outdrive before pulling the rear apart. After I got everything back toghether I notice that drive shaft was fitting flush in the outdrive. None of the other drive shafts fit like this one as the cross bars on the ball joint sits in the middle of the outdrive.

I tried to loosen up the middle diff from the bottom chasis to see if i could get a better fit however I had no luck.

The cross bars are sitting flush in the outdrive and it is secure its just not sitting as deep as the rest are. I spun the wheels and the rear drive shaft is engaged and everything seems to be turnning normal.

Is this normal or should I try to get a better fit before running it?

Thanks everyone.

you can add a couple .2 or .3 shims to make the rear bone sit deeper...but you might have to grind off the tiny lip on the pinion to get the Set screw tight.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:47 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

So how much better is the 2.0? I want to get back into the game and can't decide between the 1.0, 2.0, D8, and Hyper 9. can't beat the 1.0 and D8 for the money.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
which one's..the one's on the diff case ? if so you want them somewhat loose so the bar can pivot but tight enough so the bar doesn't flop around....dismount the ends off the arms and make sure the bar has Zero resistance on it.
Cool thanks for the info. The person I bought the car from had the set screws tight and it really messed with the spring preload and the running ride height.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Weight of an 8ight?

Hey All,

Would someone please post the weight of a 8ight RTR w/o wheels and a full or near full tank. I'm also trying to find out the front to rear weight bias.

I've converted a used 8ight 1.0 to electric and don't know what RTR weight I should be trying to acheive. I'd especially like to get the front to rear balance the same as a Nitro so I can get close to the stock handling.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default 8ight - T Clutch

Hey guys,

I'd like to hear what some others are running for clutch set-ups on the 8-t 1.0...I just got one and have about 3/4 gal on the truck. Stock clutch set-up is toast.

Any tips or suggestions for getting a little more longevity out of the clutch? Replacing the shoes every 1/2 gal will get a bit pricey! I do understand the truggy is going to be harder on the clutch especially with a GRP .28

I had good luck with 4 max life on my buggy outdoors, running a little different set-up indoors. I just don't know if 4 alums would work very well on our indoor track for truggy.

I'm open for suggestions! 4 alum? 4 comp? Stiff springs? soft springs?

TIA

Danny B.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Lord

go with a M2C clutch w/Reg Hard shoes on .9 springs....you wont need any extra spring stall with that beast on board and they should last at least a couple gallons....same set-up as what i ran on my ninja.28 when i was crazy and thought i needed that much power.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What would be a good clutch setup for a medium size track, lots of jumps and bumps, Thunder Alley, only it is more rutted than it is in the video. Im looking for longetivity. I have heard great things from the fynamite max-life shoes. or should I get 2 alum/2 comp. I heard green and gold springs worked great!

It is for the 8ight 1.0 rtr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.