Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
and fischer bumping 3 times to get second......dialed....
I though that was great also. I can imagine the high he had going on once he got in the main, and started making his way up. I bet that felt great.

Let's talk air filters. I usually put AF oil on the ends of the outer filter to seal it against the plastic surfaces. But last weekend I forgot to do that and I had lots of dust get past both filters. Luckily it mostly collected around the carb. I tore the engine down for a good cleaning and there was almost no dirt inside, thank God. So I'd like to know what others use, or what they do to prevent this.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I use Mugen oil on my filter's and never had a problem.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Losi owns, no question about it...congrats to Truhe and all the other Losi drivers who performed well at the Nationals.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I thought Tex said the Losi car was not designed right? Lets see they finished 1st 2nd and 5th and Tex (the one with the right designed losi car) finished about 130th or so. Hmmmm....Go get umm Tex. Just busting your balls Tex! haha
Old 06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
I use Mugen oil on my filter's and never had a problem.
Well, it's not the filter oil being a problem. It's the ends of the outer filter, near the plastic caps. They let dirt through if filter oil is not applied to the ends of the outer filter. I'm going to start wrapping my air filter housing with the self-stick bandage wrap for injured joints. That stuff blocks a lot of dirt/dust while letting air through. Kind of like the Outerwears thingys.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Is the filter oil your using tackey? Mugen oil is hella tackey and keep's everything in place.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Yes. Very tacky.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Bubble Gum bro. Bazooka #5. Works everytime!! hahaha.....
Old 06-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
I though that was great also. I can imagine the high he had going on once he got in the main, and started making his way up. I bet that felt great.

Let's talk air filters. I usually put AF oil on the ends of the outer filter to seal it against the plastic surfaces. But last weekend I forgot to do that and I had lots of dust get past both filters. Luckily it mostly collected around the carb. I tore the engine down for a good cleaning and there was almost no dirt inside, thank God. So I'd like to know what others use, or what they do to prevent this.
I use Rbmods air filter oil and sealer NOTHING gets by my filters. The sealer is some sticky S#$%!!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by air8
Well, it's not the filter oil being a problem. It's the ends of the outer filter, near the plastic caps. They let dirt through if filter oil is not applied to the ends of the outer filter. I'm going to start wrapping my air filter housing with the self-stick bandage wrap for injured joints. That stuff blocks a lot of dirt/dust while letting air through. Kind of like the Outerwears thingys.
Somewhere I read to put grease at the both ends of the filter, since then never had a problem, besides using a good oil filter like Mugen.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Hi all,

I'm running the eight T with a Ninja .21. I had a problem with the clutch not engaging. I am thinking it's because I ran it too long without filing down the edges of the shoes? Is it better to run an aftermarket clutch or is the losi clutch fine for racing?
Old 06-10-2008, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

The losi clutch is the best clutch there is
Old 06-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
The losi clutch is the best clutch there is

i hate to disagree....but its not......the flywheel gets Gouged by the springs quickly making the shoes stick quite often...and there's no fix for it....well maby there is....but i dunno.....ive gona through 3 flywheels in the last couple months.....im moving on to the M2C version and go from there....as the springs actually LAY down on the flywheel as appose to Stabbing it....Most of u losi guys will know what im talkin about.....and also i found the pins to wear alot faster then a standard FLywheel post would...so i fould myself buying sets of those pins almost Every clutch rebuild...M2c here i come.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
i hate to disagree....but its not......the flywheel gets Gouged by the springs quickly making the shoes stick quite often...and there's no fix for it....well maby there is....but i dunno.....ive gona through 3 flywheels in the last couple months.....im moving on to the M2C version and go from there....as the springs actually LAY down on the flywheel as appose to Stabbing it....Most of u losi guys will know what im talkin about.....and also i found the pins to wear alot faster then a standard FLywheel post would...so i fould myself buying sets of those pins almost Every clutch rebuild...M2c here i come.
When the springs begin to stab into the flywheel just take a small file to it and file the area a little bit to make the surface smooth and "semi flat". As for the pins I do not know... I have never noticed much wear on mine. Hopefully this helps you.... or you can try the m2c... good luck either way
Old 06-10-2008, 08:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Hey air8,

try using some athletic wrap around the filter, me and cool have been using it for a while and it works great to keep the crap outa the filter! If you are going to augusta this weekend for the rc pro race I can show ya what I mean!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.