Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ridgewaybodies
same for me but with wires to the outside to keep them clear of the spur

adrian
Old 02-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnkemp
hi i was wondering were and how you have mounted your transponders on you eight pics to please thanks
I had mine on the mounts, got smacked in a race and it broke the "ears" on the transponder. I shaved them off with an xacto and stuffed it in the radio box with the RX. Works fine, and the box is big enough with the Spektrum receiver I use.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I didn't like the bottom mounting of the transponder. I looks like it would get slapped by a hit from the side guard when it flexes up.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Now I have a brand new Losi startbox and it workes great. So far so good.
I use to start my car with a ofna chrome top. Iis also a gread start box.
The ofna box has started all my engines frome the beginning (when they were new) all of my engines are run in and start easy with both boxes.
The losi box has not started a new engine so I don't know how wel she does a new one.

Here my Q.
There is a man who wants to buy my ofna box. But I don't know how wel the losi box does a new engine.
Any advise please.

I can make a good $ with the sale. I don't need the money.

mzl Hellsavage
Old 02-04-2008, 12:00 PM
8T
Tech Adept

Default Losi fuel tanks

Hey all,

I'd like to find out how many others are having problems with the fuel tanks in the 8 and 8T. On my son's 8, we had to replace the cap seal, then the spring, then the tank started leaking from where the fuel line enters, so we replaced the tank. My 8T tank seal went bad so i replaced the whole tank. Last Saturday, my son was running 2nd in expert buggy in a 15 minute main, and with about a minute left, his buggy died. I tried to restart it but nothing. He still finished 4th. When we got home, there was no fuel in the line but the tank was full. I blew into the pressure line from the pipe and no fuel would come out! I pulled the filter out and off the line in the tank, and blew again. Got fuel! I blew into the end of the filter and felt it open up. Now everything works good again. This tank only has about a quart of clean fuel through it. Same fuel is run in my 8T. Always kept capped. I know others have had issues to. What's up? I think were going to eliminate the in tank filter and run external. Any other ideas?

TIA

Jeff
Old 02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

The losi box has not started a new engine so I don't know how wel she does a new one.
Its up to you really hellsavage.... I used the losi box to break in my speed, which most know is a pretty tough assignment. I did have a bit of trouble the first few times with the engine locking at tdc but do admit to being lazy and not heating the block, but most suggest that regardless of which starter box your using. As long as you have aligned the wheel properly and show a little patience it'll be fine.

A friend who uses the magic box burnt both his starter motors out in his box trying to break his speed in!

Last edited by nu2losi; 02-04-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hellsavage...solder the connections and replace the crappy stock wires with Deans Wet Noodle....and make sure to break the box motor's in....Just like a 1/10...it aint gonna give Peak Performance till there brushes are broken in and could lead to burnin the motor's out if u just RAM it right outta the box. I love my Losi box...best 50$ i ever spent on the losi's.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
I didn't like the bottom mounting of the transponder. I looks like it would get slapped by a hit from the side guard when it flexes up.
I mounted mine to the top and it broke one of the transponder mounting tabs the first time out with the buggy. I then mounted it to the bottom as seen in this thread, and it's been fine ever since (over a year).

I think that the bottom is safer. I don't think those side guards flex up enough to damage the transponder mounted down there. Up top there is nothing but the lexan body protecting it, which isn't much.

I recommend the bottom of the supplied transponder mounting position unless you can fit it inside the receiver or receiver pack box (mine are both stuffed).
Old 02-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Hey Jeff, for fuel tank problems, count me in too! Sorry to hear thats why James dropped out of the race.

Ive so far only replaced my tank once.. and the cap twice. Spring broke once too. What gets me is a BRAND NEW cap straight out of the package had a manufacturing defect... the plastic was cracked where the pressure nipple threads in.

Somethings up..

For the transponder, I put mine on the bottom too. I dont see how it could be damaged by the side guards. There is also a little plastic nub on the radio tray to protect the wire form the spur gear
Old 02-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hellsavage
Now I have a brand new Losi startbox and it workes great. So far so good.
I use to start my car with a ofna chrome top. Iis also a gread start box.
The ofna box has started all my engines frome the beginning (when they were new) all of my engines are run in and start easy with both boxes.

Here my Q.
There is a man who wants to buy my ofna box. But I don't know how wel the losi box does a new engine.
Any advise please.

I can make a good $ with the sale. I don't need the money.

mzl Hellsavage
Like what was just said if you want to minimize any problems with your box. Dean's connectors for your battery and solder all the connections good. I just eliminated my switch on my box as the connector started burning up when I was starting my new OS Speed the other day. Also when starting an Engine, push down just enough to get the wheel/motors going good before making contact with the flywheel.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8T
Hey all,

I'd like to find out how many others are having problems with the fuel tanks in the 8 and 8T. On my son's 8, we had to replace the cap seal, then the spring, then the tank started leaking from where the fuel line enters, so we replaced the tank. My 8T tank seal went bad so i replaced the whole tank. Last Saturday, my son was running 2nd in expert buggy in a 15 minute main, and with about a minute left, his buggy died. I tried to restart it but nothing. He still finished 4th. When we got home, there was no fuel in the line but the tank was full. I blew into the pressure line from the pipe and no fuel would come out! I pulled the filter out and off the line in the tank, and blew again. Got fuel! I blew into the end of the filter and felt it open up. Now everything works good again. This tank only has about a quart of clean fuel through it. Same fuel is run in my 8T. Always kept capped. I know others have had issues to. What's up? I think were going to eliminate the in tank filter and run external. Any other ideas?

TIA

Jeff
I say don't eliminate the clunk. Without the clunk the fuel system will not operate correctly. This wll cause flameout problems when inverted. Just check to make sure the line and clunk are plumbed far enough and be careful when refueling the buggy. It is very easy to to bend the spring on the cap if you are heavy handed or careless. The only problem I have had with losi's tanks is the line will eventually split where it goes into the tank so you have to replace it every once in a while. Aerotrend medium size tubing works great for this and is more resistant to the high nitro than the stock line that comes with the tank.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Lord

1211 is the solution to the tank leaking....and for the spring....ive never had an issue with the cap or spring...but i do run bands around the tank to help the spring out.....as i HATE it when pitmen foget to Push on the lid before throwin it back down....the bands make it SNAP closed....works like a charm.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

looks like you had some fun with some silly putty there too

Last edited by Nik; 02-04-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Retro,
Yup, I don't use the felts (I doubt they would even fit in) and so far ao good. Seems the best fix I have found for the shock boots.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default losi lipo receiver battery

can anyone tell me what kind of end is on the charge/balance lead on this battery? has anyone changed this end? if so how was it done? pics would be great. i have team orion balancer and charger with deans plugs and need to find a way to use these instead of buying another charger, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks and those of you runnin this battery, where did you mount the voltage regulator?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.