Like Tree3Likes

2023 Kyosho 1/8 Inferno MP10 TKI3 Buggy Kit. Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 01:26 PM
Suspended

Default 2023 Kyosho 1/8 Inferno MP10 TKI3 Buggy Kit. Nitro

One final new rig news by me

KYOSHO 1/8 INFERNO MP10 TKI3 BUGGY KIT

Recently announced by Kyosho is the 1/8 Inferno MP10 TKI3 Buggy Kit. Known as Kanai san’s ultimate choice for a nitro 1/8th buggy, the MP10 TKI3 is loaded with updates to increase speed and reliability. Here are the highlights-

* New low profile body
* New 43T/13T differential gears
* Smaller center diff
* Lightweight 46 tooth spur gear
* New 18T/12T center differential gears
* New 3 piece lightweight aluminum clutch shoes
* New wing mount spacers for adjusting rear traction
* New rear 2 degrees suspension bushings for increased adjustments
* New front and rear shock springs
* Center dog bone shafts for increased power transfer efficiency
* New molded front upper plates to reduce weight
* Wide rear wheel hubs

More pictures and links about this here
https://www.bigsquidrc.com/kyosho-1-...ki3-buggy-kit/

Summer is here almost now. Finally Winter is gone. No more snow and so on.

I will be extra busy Driving ALOT more now with my RC Cars.

There will be alot more Wrenching. Service and so on too.
I will also start drive at new 1/8 Offroad track next week.
Forum time is almost over for me too now.
There is so much RC In real that will start NOW

I dont have time to these news things anymore here.
And i will not follow self news now because i need Drive my rigs i have and take care of them.
Also i have a TO BUY list that is very long, that will take all the way to autum to buy, month by month.

Follow new rigs and news is fun.
Anyways i dont have time with this now until Autumn.

Have a great Summer all, Bash, Race and have fun.
Peace
Old 04-27-2023, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Big time Kyosho fan. New buggy is a complete let down. This only further confirms my belief that they are going to do away their 1/8 scale racing program in the future. You can tell they spent little to nothing on R&D.

Last edited by Mickey_B; 04-27-2023 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2023, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

That is an MP9.1, not an MP10
Old 04-28-2023, 07:03 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by briefer
Did you sleep last night Look at the Decal at the Rear Wing

This is a MP10 TKI3. You can also see it by de DECAL in this body above in the pictures.

Is this the Previous version of this MP10 the TKI2 ?
And the new coming car is the TKI3 right?

TKI2 MP10:

https://kyoshoamerica.com/1-8-scale-...i-2-33022.html

1:8 Scale Radio Controlled .21 Engine Powered 4WD Racing Buggy INFERNO MP10 TKI 2 33022

This model represents the continuous evolution of the Inferno MP10 built on its racing achievements around the world
●Revised reduction ratio delivers improved maneuverability from the proven speed and reliability of the inherited shaft-driven 4WD system
●Broad ranging modifications have greatly improve handling characteristics
●Competition-level model features a combination of newly designed components and race-proven optional parts included as standard
●Lengthened diaphragm-type front and rear oil shocks promise excellent handling stability
●Addition of collar between the steering rod and knuckle arm optimize bump steer characteristics
●Uniquely designed body incorporates the latest aerodynamic technology

This model represents the continuous evolution of the Inferno MP10 built on its racing achievements around the world
●Revised reduction ratio delivers improved maneuverability from the proven speed and reliability of the inherited shaft-driven 4WD system
●Competition-level model features a combination of newly designed components and race-proven optional parts included as standard
●Lengthened diaphragm-type front and rear oil shocks promise excellent handling stability
●Addition of collar between the steering rod and knuckle arm optimize bump steer characteristics

Last edited by flymetonight; 04-28-2023 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:07 AM
Suspended

Previous MP10 TKI 2

DESCRIPTION

1:8 Scale Radio Controlled .21 Engine Powered 4WD Racing Buggy INFERNO MP10 TKI 2 33022MP10 evolves with even greater performance for racing battle

For the never-ending pursuit of victory

For many years the MP9 was at the pinnacle of 1/8 engine racing buggies. Having inherited that DNA, the MP10 embodies new generation re-engineering across the machine with the TKI2 model representing this continued evolution to write another chapter in the storied history of the Inferno series. About 1 year has passed since the release of the Inferno MP10. Based on rigorous test data from actual racing, the TKI2 has been modified to fine-tune performance improvement. Front and rear shock stays have been lengthened together with the actual shocks to improve convergence, especially from jumps to landings. In addition to reinforced shock caps and pistons equipped with 5 x φ1.5 holes as standard (previously optional), improvements to various other parts have enhanced the performance across the chassis. A completely new body design improves aerodynamics for sharper handling characteristics. Of course body selection is a setting option, so the previous body design can also deliver optimal performance depending on course conditions. With a combination of newly designed components and race-proven optional parts included as standard, the new TKI2 promises world-class performance that will exceed expectations.

●This model represents the continuous evolution of the Inferno MP10 built on its racing achievements around the world

A newly designed body takes the high-level aerodynamic characteristics of the MP10 body in a more aggressive direction. The feeling of lightness through the corners is enhanced, which greatly contributes to faster lap times, especially on more technical circuits.

Revised gearing results in changes to the number of teeth of the differential gear and bevel gear to reduce the secondary reduction ratio from the MP10’s 3.31:1 to the TKI2’s 3.5:1. This delivers improved acceleration characteristics and response to the driver's throttle inputs for superior maneuverability.

The front and rear shocks are 3mm longer than the standard MP10 with 4mm longer front shafts and 3mm longer rear shafts. Springs have been lengthened accordingly. Front length of 78 mm and the rear length of 95 mm provide superior shock absorption through the full suspension stroke.

In combination with the longer shocks, the optional shock stay is equipped as standard and provides optimized mounting positions and a new color. Suspension stroke can be increased for improved stability and running performance over surface gaps and jump landings.

Rear suspension arm shape has been modified for the longer shocks to prevent interference with the spring retainer when the suspension arm moves in the rebound direction. This realizes optimal suspension stroke.

The basic layout is the same as the MP10 base model, but handling is improved through enhancements of the suspension. Super Duralumin used for the main chassis realizes lightweight and high rigidity that can handle the severity of hard driving.

TECHNICAL DATA

■Length 490mm
■Width  307mm
■Height  180mm
■Ground clearance 28mm
■Wheelbase 325mm
■Tread(F/R) 254mm
■Tires(F/R) sold separately
■Gear Ratio 12.1:1
■Weight 3,360g(approx.)
■Engine 21Class (sold separately)

KIT CONTENT

<Kit Contents>
●Unassembled chassis kit
●Special wheels
●Wing
●Special clear body
●Window mask seal
●Logo decals
●Fuel tube
●Linkage parts
●Clutch parts
●Air cleaner
●Ring gear grease
●1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm Hexagonal wrench
●Cross wrench
●Wheel wrench

VIDEO
https://youtu.be/FLOFe_u0q5s

REQUIREMENT TO RUN

<Required for Operation>
●2-channel 2-servo R/C system for cars
●Compatible batteries for R/C system
●21 engine
●Muffler
●Tires w/foam inserts for 1/8 buggy
●Starter box
●Plug heater
●Fuel
●Fuel bottle
●Oil for air cleaner
●Shock oil
●Diff oil
●Paint for car body
●Tools
When did they release the TKI2?

Soon the TKI3 is out.

If i remember right they did MP9 all up to TKI4.

Kyosho will in future for shure do also one more Version the MP10 TKI4 i believe.
Dirtbandit likes this.

Last edited by flymetonight; 04-28-2023 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-28-2023, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Big time Kyosho fan. New buggy is a complete let down. This only further confirms my belief that they are going to do away their 1/8 scale racing program in the future. You can tell they spent little to nothing on R&D.
Yea it doesn’t look like the did a whole lot. The only thing I noticed was the the addition of a plastic front top plate and the body. Not saying that’s all that was changed but that’s all I can see.
Old 04-28-2023, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114
Yea it doesn’t look like the did a whole lot. The only thing I noticed was the the addition of a plastic front top plate and the body. Not saying that’s all that was changed but that’s all I can see.
They made some wing risers in the back as well.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 04-29-2023, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Thats actually the problem, its NOT an mp9 even though it should be. The geometry of the suspension is completely different, they drive nothing like each other.
the MP10 Came as market and consumer Pressure mounted via less sales from these other new brand cars on the market with radical ideas etc which many have now moved away from.

MP10 Was a IMO a product that wasnt actually needed - the mp9 needed a serious update.. ie a mp9.1 etc
The mp10 drives well for people who can understand setup and geo.

I would argue i can get my mp10 to drive faster than my mp9tki3 but to drive it at that pace is much harder.

Im lucky as i have sooo many mp9 parts i could race it for more than 5 seasons without worry.
flymetonight likes this.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:08 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MonsterJuice
Thats actually the problem, its NOT an mp9 even though it should be. The geometry of the suspension is completely different, they drive nothing like each other.
the MP10 Came as market and consumer Pressure mounted via less sales from these other new brand cars on the market with radical ideas etc which many have now moved away from.

MP10 Was a IMO a product that wasnt actually needed - the mp9 needed a serious update.. ie a mp9.1 etc
The mp10 drives well for people who can understand setup and geo.

I would argue i can get my mp10 to drive faster than my mp9tki3 but to drive it at that pace is much harder.

Im lucky as i have sooo many mp9 parts i could race it for more than 5 seasons without worry.
This is true

I know drivers that dont like MP10.
MP9 is their favorite still.

I know also a Fully sponsored Champion driver in big Competitions who gave up Kyosho , Because MP10. He wanted to drive ,MP9 but was not allowed race old car sadly.
His work is Racing RC Cars.
Now he have another brand. And all these people told the same story you did
About MP9 vs MP10
they wish also Kyosho have made a 9,1 and not this 10
Old 04-29-2023, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

I do not know in the rest of europe but in spain Kyosho is a joke, because of the limited distribution and the price of the car and parts.

I do not expect to see any in my club.
Old 04-29-2023, 05:28 AM
Suspended

I do not know in the rest of europe but in spain Kyosho is a joke, because of the limited distribution and the price of the car and parts.

I do not expect to see any in my club.
Same in Italy says one who moved over there couple years ago.

They Sponsor many drivers also.
In Japan they are biggest. And prices are good there offcourse.

We must anyways thank Kyosho much, because it it thanks to Kyosho Burns, and Inferno 1 and 2 we have this Class today.
And competition is hard. Many other makers.

1/8 Buggies the Kyosho Burns 1/8 and first Inferno 1/8 buggy these are Original first 1/8 Competition Buggies.

Next year 2024 Xray will release a really nice buggy that has alot Innovation. This can maybe be the best then.
Atleast the 2024 1/8 Truggy that comes next year is Insane. I have read and see pictures about it early this week. Alot new stuff never seen before. Alot innovation that looks and sounds atleast awsome.

Current my personal NO1 Is Mugen 1/8 Buggy.
Anyways, these are personal things. We all like different.

Many times people choose the car that has most parts in stock at Local hobby shop
Old 02-01-2024, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Will MP9 tki3 diffs fit an MP10, if they do, does that mean they fit the mp10t just the same? all the same gear boxes and diff bearings?
Old 03-14-2024, 09:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone know why the Front Lower SS Arms ( IF625SS) are Discontinued? Building the Kit now and it’s what comes standard in the Box.

https://kyoshoamerica.com/front-lowe...0-if625ss.html
Old 03-18-2024, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Old 03-21-2024, 10:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JLRC
Anyone know why the Front Lower SS Arms ( IF625SS) are Discontinued? Building the Kit now and it’s what comes standard in the Box.

https://kyoshoamerica.com/front-lowe...0-if625ss.html
They are now IF625SSB. That usually means a revision was made to the part.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.