Search
Like Tree101Likes

Kyosho 2020/21 MP10 TKI2

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 91junior
Question, I don’t have the TKI2 however was wondering if the MP10 still has the “Kyosho push” in the corners that the MP9 was known for?

cheers
I never ran the 9 series as this will be my second year racing. I can say that you can rotate around a pipe tight for a 180* turn, carry speed and a good line on most other turns and actually gain speed on longer sweeping turns holding a nice line. The few times I noticed a push was when my set up was off. Very slight changes and the car was great again.
RCDaddy2105 likes this.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question, I don’t have the TKI2 however was wondering if the MP10 still has the “Kyosho push” in the corners that the MP9 was known for?

cheers
that’s just setup. The mp9 rotated just fine. The mp10 rotates fast and stable.
Galatians2 20 likes this.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

cheers
“Kyosho push” is a new one and I’ve raced them for about 20yrs. Most racers feel that every Mugen pushed until the MBX8. If your kyosho pushes, it’s setup related.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCDaddy2105
So, who’s all selling off their first gen MP10 to get the néw kit?
not I, I wouldn’t notice the upgrade, does it really make a difference in handling?
Old 03-06-2021, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been a long time user of both Associated and Kyosho products. Recently more Associated than Kyosho. I have had the nitro buggy RC8 3.1, and owned the MP5 all the way up to the MP9 TKI 3.

I am looking for a new nitro buggy for this year's racing season. I was ready to go with the new Associated RC8 3.2 but I am having second thoughts. When the MP10 came out I was not sure about that either, but now with the new MP10 TKI 2, I am considering this model. I am trying to find out any feedback on the new MP10 TKI 2. I am surprised how in active this thread is, but it seems to be like this for RC in general.

I know for many the outdoor season has not started, but has anyone had any track time with the new TKI 2 buggy?

What has your experience been so far, both good and bad?

Thanks
Old 03-06-2021, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

car has been good. got the mp10 original kit but over the year added the long towers an shocks.. only thing i dont have on mine is the new gear sets but i dont see the point in them for me inn my area.. are the new gears good.. ya probably for some situations.. but car is great in the bumps but yet very good in the high bite tracks also.. front arms are probably the weak point as they will take a beating but then you touch a tube just right and they will break.. broke 4 arms total all last year so not bad in my eyes. but overall the car has been wonderful
tallyram likes this.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Payton 34
I have been a long time user of both Associated and Kyosho products. Recently more Associated than Kyosho. I have had the nitro buggy RC8 3.1, and owned the MP5 all the way up to the MP9 TKI 3.

I am looking for a new nitro buggy for this year's racing season. I was ready to go with the new Associated RC8 3.2 but I am having second thoughts. When the MP10 came out I was not sure about that either, but now with the new MP10 TKI 2, I am considering this model. I am trying to find out any feedback on the new MP10 TKI 2. I am surprised how in active this thread is, but it seems to be like this for RC in general.

I know for many the outdoor season has not started, but has anyone had any track time with the new TKI 2 buggy?

What has your experience been so far, both good and bad?

Thanks
Mine is built. Gonna put one more race on the poor tki4. I’ve also been waiting on feedback from others running this buggy. I’ve ran a friends mp10 and really liked how nimble it felt and how it rotates compared to my tki4.
YeshuaGriffin likes this.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

I like Kyosho nitro buggies because their designer Yuichi Kanai is very passionate about RC racing. It seems that the team drivers actually drove the MP9/10 that came out of the box, and don't use other manufacture's parts. I just watched a 1 hour Spencer Rivkin video about his RC8 3.2 and the Dirt Nitro Challenge. He uses Hot Bodies shock springs, not a big deal but I don't understand why after decades Associated wouldn't be able to have their own springs. Makes me wonder what other parts from different manufactures their team drivers use from time to time at big races to be competitive. He also talked about all these updated drive train parts such as center dog bones, different front and rear axles etc. The RC8 3.2 is fairly new and they didn't figure all this out before? I am sure it still is competitive with the stock parts but if there is a slight advantage to upgrade these parts, then this becomes expensive.

Maybe the same could have been said about the first MP10, as many did upgrade the shock towers etc., but the TKI2 has all that in the box.

These are the some of the reasons why I think I have convinced myself to go for the MP10 TKI 2.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

very nice. enjoy the build..
Old 03-07-2021, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Payton 34
I like Kyosho nitro buggies because their designer Yuichi Kanai is very passionate about RC racing. It seems that the team drivers actually drove the MP9/10 that came out of the box, and don't use other manufacture's parts. I just watched a 1 hour Spencer Rivkin video about his RC8 3.2 and the Dirt Nitro Challenge. He uses Hot Bodies shock springs, not a big deal but I don't understand why after decades Associated wouldn't be able to have their own springs. Makes me wonder what other parts from different manufactures their team drivers use from time to time at big races to be competitive. He also talked about all these updated drive train parts such as center dog bones, different front and rear axles etc. The RC8 3.2 is fairly new and they didn't figure all this out before? I am sure it still is competitive with the stock parts but if there is a slight advantage to upgrade these parts, then this becomes expensive.

Maybe the same could have been said about the first MP10, as many did upgrade the shock towers etc., but the TKI2 has all that in the box.

These are the some of the reasons why I think I have convinced myself to go for the MP10 TKI 2.
the difference is Kanai, he designs and tests his own parts. Team AE for e.g have a designer but doesnt test like kanai.
TLR used to have a kanai.. as in drake but we know how that ended.

JQ summed up AE/TLR, they see a brand using Y/X system or part, they copy it but dont understand how what or why that part was good and they cant improve on it from there.

Tekno just come out with crazy ideas randomly, some work some dont lol.

As history has shown us, stick to the big players(who care about racing), Kyosho, mugen or HB.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I really enjoy keeping up with Kanai and his passion for the sport. He tests a lotttttt...... As much as I want to try other brands like X-ray and Mugen, I never do. I was really leaning to the new Xray car recently, but I feel so comfortable with the cars designed by Kanai. I know I can trust the handling, durability, and his passion for testing every possibility for the cars. And I agree, no aftermarket needed. Can’t think of the last time I saw an aftermarket part on an Inferno buggy. ST-R was a different conversation......😂
J.Whiting and RCDaddy2105 like this.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

All the comments are spot on! The only negative about Kyosho is the lack of presence in the U.S. I remember there was a time the Kyosho nitro buggy dominated the racing scene in the U.S. They really managed their business in the U.S. poorly. I know the company has gone through financial troubles. Hopefully they are past all that. I have not heard anything about this lately. Of course there will be no parts support, so I will probably end up getting a second kit for a backup.

I also wish they had a bigger team of top pro racers like they did when they had Tebo, Boots etc. Having top drivers representing their nitro buggy is important to me. I would have liked to have seen what Boots and Tebo could have done with the MP10 platform.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Having a hard time figuring out which body i like more 🤔.....
Old 03-08-2021, 06:47 AM
Suspended

I should really stop looking at this thread, you're making the Kyosho look way too good.

I don't need a new nitro buggy. I still have one that's long outdated but literally brand new.
I don't need a new nitro buggy. I still have one that's long outdated but literally brand new.
(and who knows how many years it'll take before the tracks are allowed to open again)
J.Whiting likes this.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

First pic, I like the Blue, Green and Purple body. I like the anodizing a lot more on your buggy than I do on the stock towers that come in the kit.

Is Kyosho still supplying the hard anodized shock towers in place of the brown towers when you order the same part number?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.