Search
Like Tree153Likes

2018 ifmar worlds

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by am
I will tell you the reasson why..

Because they tune their Reds engine like a Nova or an OS engine. It just does not work!! In my first race i flamed. Reasson, idle was to low. Why, because theese enignes lower their idle when they get hot and i had not tried theese enignes in the mains before. I have also seen alot of Reds engines flame, but after i have tuned them like they should be tuned, they were rocksolid. Theese engnes should be slightly fat at bottom end and you can lean them alot on top end. If you tune it like other engines, they will flame, but so will my OS if i tune them like my Novas or Reds..
It's a clear case of not adapting, but what I would like to know is did Mario help in every way he could, and did RM listen to him.
I know when I started running Picco I was told by a bunch by seasoned racer what to do, all which made the engine a tuning nightmare.
Runtime was always a big problem according to them as well, I don't recall exactly but I believe I picked up about 3 minutes when I stopped listning to others...
Changing the fuel can have a huge impact on how the engine tunes as well, if I would tune the way you describe here (which works on most fuels) I will flame out.
Getting the right glow plugs is extremely important, and seeing most like to run the ultra hot OS plugs in most anything, that is a step in the wrong direction many times.
If we are going to blame engines for not working right we should look at how all other engines on the market behave and what is done to correct it, flame outs can usually be fixed, but not some other things.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was looking foward to reds releasing the ryan maifield wr7 worlds flameout edition.
J.Whiting and MaricopaAgent like this.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Old 11-13-2018, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

This site has reached ridiculous levels that shouldn't be possible.
MaricopaAgent likes this.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Forget all of this, here is the real topic to discuss...

How much does Ben Panic (whoever this is??) pay Neobuggy to have his photos in EVERY SINGLE photo package.... I researched him after this guy pops up in so many of Neobuggy's photo montages that I had to find out who it was and who the hell this random person is..

Ever wondered who the hell this random guy is?

Which begs the question, how much does this happen? Are people with too much money just paying to have their photos taken without merit and saying they are sponsored and "big time" whilst just in fact paying their way onto our screens?
Old 11-13-2018, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
In the time Serpent did switch from Novarossi to Picco again (arround 2005) I know some people were running Novarossi internals in their Mega engines. To get through the worlds a lot is done to have a reliable engine......

The LRP is just an OS engine as many others in the finals.....
The old onroad cheap ones were SH based...
Old 11-13-2018, 04:53 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by blis
The old onroad cheap ones were SH based...
Not the racing engines, before OS they were Picco made.
For the bashing market they had the SH made engines like the very populair .28 and .30 models
blis and BenPetz like this.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Roelof
Not the racing engines, before OS they were Picco made.
For the bashing market they had the SH made engines like the very populair .28 and .30 models
All onroad racing engines & the cheaper offroad racing versions (ZR21x) are picco made.
Only the offroad ceramic engines were OS made.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
The reason IFMAR went out of their way to check everything about Ongaro's car and radio was because people wanted them to. Those people were North American, and most fingers pointed at Gord Tessmann. Did he really do it, or was it Maifield, Drake, or someone else? I don't know for sure, but what I do know is gyros were discussed linked to Ongaro, and that's why Ifmar went after it. Ifmar is the most out of touch federation known to man imho, and if no one brought up gyros, they would have done nothing.
AND if they didn't check , fingers would still point. That's a No Win Situation .. Except for Ongaro who has passed tech and IS the WC.

J.Whiting likes this.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent
AND if they didn't check , fingers would still point. That's a No Win Situation .. Except for Ongaro who has passed tech and IS the WC.
The problem is that when they act on the people who have pitchforks and torches you can't trust them anymore. It might seem like a small thing, but it shows that their intentions might be very askew.
I for one think they should tech everyone close to the podium in the final, it wouldn't be the first sport that does that. But other then that, protests needs to be official.
30Tooth likes this.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Enough about all that hearsay and rumor.

How about CJ Jelin? 14 years old and a worlds finalist. He'll be a favorite to win in 2020 for sure.
Goof likes this.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iplaygames
just want to point out, i have ran a gyro in my car last year and the places you can hide the micro ones is incredible, nobody at the track could find it, p.s tall servos are great
I keep coming back to this.
I have and will never run one,so I speak from the out side.but if you are use to running one,wouldn't it be hard to go cold turkey for one race.....I mean if its a regular thing you do in your home country,could you just go without and it not show up in your lap times?
Did they check the servos?
Just call me jq......I'm stirring the pot....
Old 11-13-2018, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smash8ight
I keep coming back to this.
I have and will never run one,so I speak from the out side.but if you are use to running one,wouldn't it be hard to go cold turkey for one race.....I mean if its a regular thing you do in your home country,could you just go without and it not show up in your lap times?
Did they check the servos?
Just call me jq......I'm stirring the pot....
I don't think the top pros would be any faster with one. Club level guys, maybe. But just like with anything else, they have to be set up correctly. We had a guy show up at a club practice day with a brand new e-truggy. He was struggling to drive it so some of offered to help him get it sorted. Having watched for a bit, the problem didn't seem to be just driver related so we started looking over the truck for any build errors etc. Didn't see anything obviously wrong so one of us took it for a spin. It was absolutely undrivable. Wouldn't turn, acted very weird in the air etc. Went to pick it up off the track once and noticed the front wheels turning when the chassis moved..... He never once mentioned he had a gyro installed. Disconnected it, and the truck drove great.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

As MX304 stated, the top drivers have crazy dexterity, just watch when Masaami or Hara drive a car, or even Lamberto Collari.

But to come back to Maifield, he was I believe at the end of his contract anyway, so even if Mario knew and let him knowingly switch motors, it really does not matter. The easiest way to save face for Reds is to release him... if he would have won, perhaps Mario would have said we are trying a new OS Based mill... like what Ultimate did!

just a thought.
hairymuffin and MX304 like this.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If Adam Drake hands you a motor........you take it....
Doesn't make it right,but when its all on the line,do or die and a man you trust hands you his signature motor and says leave it all on the track.....you do it...
I would have too.....but I am no sponsors bitch,I can do that....lol...
Evoking1230 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.