Search
Like Tree2Likes

Oops I did it again! :sneaky:

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Oops I did it again! :sneaky:

What have you guys splurged on recently? Personally I just moved back home and want to get back into the RC world and might’ve gotten in over my head!

Below is a picture of the parts and toys galore that I spent the past few weeks gathering.

In essence have everything I need to build a 3.3 Revo (Big block conversion as well!) and to get into 1/8 scale buggy racing with a MBX7R and Alpha engine.

what’ve you guys gotten lately?
Old 10-15-2018, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

This hobby gets expensive, fast! Probably faster than I will be for a while haha
Old 10-15-2018, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

welcome back!
Old 10-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Dropped some coin on full buggy and truggy electric setups... hard to find nitro tracks around here. Everyone wants electric
Old 10-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by savage24x
Dropped some coin on full buggy and truggy electric setups... hard to find nitro tracks around here. Everyone wants electric
I’ve definitely noticed this! I’m having trouble finding all the old nitro engines that I remember to be popular for the Revo!

I’m not sure I’m sure electric is easier and much more “enjoyable” but I want the feel and nostalgia of nitro. I love making things more difficult for myself for some reason haha
Old 10-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Dang that’s quite a haul.

My the list is to much stuff also. Haha. The for sale forum on here has added to the list that’s for sure. Got some pretty nice stuff though. A couple of mugen truggies (nitro and electric), a couple of drift cars, nitro engines, electric motors, esc’s, etc.

I’m about to big block my revo 3.3 too. The traxxas engine has been a nightmare compared to other nitros that I’ve owned since. Almost made me give up on nitros until I tried a different engine. Electrics rc’s are fun though too. Enjoy!
Old 10-21-2018, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jcharger13
Dang that’s quite a haul.

My the list is to much stuff also. Haha. The for sale forum on here has added to the list that’s for sure. Got some pretty nice stuff though. A couple of mugen truggies (nitro and electric), a couple of drift cars, nitro engines, electric motors, esc’s, etc.

I’m about to big block my revo 3.3 too. The traxxas engine has been a nightmare compared to other nitros that I’ve owned since. Almost made me give up on nitros until I tried a different engine. Electrics rc’s are fun though too. Enjoy!
what engine mount are you going to drop in?
Old 10-22-2018, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

I have a Ninja JX21-B03 that I’m gonna throw in the revo with the traxxas BB kit. Hopefully the traxxas mount will work out ok. Not many other options out there currently. Sucks the Picco drop in is gone and the OS drop in is so expensive.

What engine and mount are are you gonna use?
Old 10-22-2018, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

I have a Ninja JX21-B03 that I’m gonna throw in the revo with the traxxas BB kit. Hopefully the traxxas mount will work out ok. Not many other options out there currently. Sucks the Picco drop in is gone and the OS drop in is so expensive.

What engine and mount are are you gonna use?
i have a nitro Keith mount which is an exact replica of the NewEra mount that allowed for any engine to drop in perfectly with a pull start, no modifications needed.

one of the popular things I’ve seen people have to do with the traxxas kit is move the tranny up a few mms which seems easy enough. keep me posted with your progress!

I’d look into the serpent branded picco .26s they’re on eBay. I’ll try and find a link!

Old 10-22-2018, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Will do. I’ll keep you informed.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Got the Revo put together. Everything went pretty well. Didn’t need to move the transmission or do any mods. I’m gonna use a starter box though. A pull start/rotor start would never fit in this configuration.

I love building and tweaking as much as running RC’s. Just get expensive though. Lol.

Any progress for you?
Old 10-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

None unfortunately, been busy with school. Put together the mugen but can't figure out how to set the gear mesh... Revo is missing a few parts still now that i've taken apart the differentials.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got the Revo put together. Everything went pretty well. Didn’t need to move the transmission or do any mods. I’m gonna use a starter box though. A pull start/rotor start would never fit in this configuration.

I love building and tweaking as much as running RC’s. Just get expensive though. Lol.

Any progress for you?
Hey man, are you using the special tall starter box for the revo or what are you doing there?
Old 01-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got this new as a Christmas/Bday gift:

Picked this up in a trade for my son as he doesn't like nitro anymore:

I now have 2 truggies, an eBuggy, a Nitro buggy and now want to add another Associated eBuggy and Nitro Buggy to go along with the Associated truggy

I think I might have a problem
Jcharger13 likes this.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CBren32
Hey man, are you using the special tall starter box for the revo or what are you doing there?
Yea I am. I bought a used Offna starter box off of eBay. Was a bit pricey but it does the job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.