Wiki Posts
Search

Omaha Hobby Plex Race Chat

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Your Buddy has been calling me.

If ya can't out drive the competition out Horsepower them!!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Pro4? Isn't that some sort of foreign made jobby that you can't get parts for?

I know Associated stuff so I stick with it. Plus I'm too lazy to figure out good setups on my own . With a TC3 I have a 60% chance or better that the person sitting next to me has one too. Plus I break....A LOT.... my LHS doesn't stock that many PRO4 parts

Anyway.... read the Reedy setup tips above an do the following and you'll have a screamer:

Purple + and Red - springs (for touring)
Align the brush hoods strait across using an alignment bar.... do NOT adjust the hoods seperately for brush shift.
Center the armature in the magnetic field.
Use tribo comm lube in the bearings (it's a great bearing lube)
Break in the motor as stated in my previous post.

Speedpunk can tell you how to set one up for 1/12th scale
Old 10-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Bob, at my local track there is a 90% chance that the guy next to me will have a Pro4 as most of us are running Pro4's. We have a full compliment of HPI parts on hand. Life before the Bud's bumper , life after . The three or four of us coming up will have Pro4's as well.

Thanks for the motor tips. I will pass them on to my "buddy" so he can build me some real RIP!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Bob, is the hobby store gonna be stocking up on them Surge batteries and Parma tires?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Yeah... the PRO4 is a great car. I was just teasing. Several people at our track run them. Currently the fastest guy there is running the PRO4. We have more parts availability for the PRO4 now.

I know the Parma tires should be available. Not sure how "Stocked up" he will be. He also carries CRC, TRC and Jaco foams. I'd suggest dropping Tim an email to see what kind of tire types and quantities he plans to have on hand for this race. I'll try to have a few spares on hand just in case so flag me down if you need a set.

I don't think Tim is planning to stock any Surge batteries. I think he is getting such a good rate from SMC that most of the stuff he carries come from them or one of the more common matchers.

If you want surge packs just click on the link in my signature and get some ordered. They are processing the brand new cells from GP now. Lower IR's and higher voltages. Jon Williams (part owner of surge) does a great job of assembling packs if you are lazy like me. I have been VERY happy with my Surge packs. I ran Fukuyama packs before this. My surge packs seem (subjective opinion) to have a bit more punch in 19t and an obvious increase in punch in stock. But to be fair I'm running Surge packs with higher voltage than the Fukuyama packs I used to run.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Up until about a month ago I was the only one running a pro4 at the track and I had a box full of spares. Because nobody was buying parts hobbytown didn't stock any. Last weekend there were 3 pro4s and another guy who is seriously thinking of getting one so more parts will be stocked in the future.

For some reason racers here in Omaha like to drive crappy american cars.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default Road Course Challenge

Bob,
I plan on attending -- I'll see how many others from K.C.
will want to attend too....

As for classes- Stock Sedan (That's all we really race around here), And I might venture into 19 turn Sedan too.
Trying to get a 12th scale stocker too.

See ya in Nov
Bill
Old 10-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Billy... you'll be running 19t right....RIGHT! That is were the action is. Well... I guess with a big race like this the stock class should be pretty competative too. I'll be running my BMI L4 in whichever 1/12th class gets the best turnout. Bet you can't put me 4 laps down in 1/12th.

Galway... TC4's will probably outnumber Pro4's this coming weekend and they have only been out for a few days. Crappy American cars huh? When was the last time you got first in the A-main with your SLO4?

BTW... I'm just teasing Galway. I race with him.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We have been trying to kick his A$$ out of the stock class for some time now....but nobody shows to run 19 with him...

Anyway, looking to come up for this one with Sydor...so he can make fun of me and my 415...

Mike
Old 10-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Regional Moderator

Yeah... we wondered why he ran stock in the last trophy race last spring. He was way ahead of all us beginners. Made us all look slow... well ... I guess we were.

If he doesn't race 19t we'll just have to call him Yella all weekend.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Regional Moderator

BTW,

Sedan he beats me by like 2 laps....when we ran 1/12 scale together...it was like 6-8...

Unfortunately, he is better in 12th scale...drove me out of the class!!

Right Sydor??????
Old 10-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Regional Moderator

I figure he isn't likely to be 1 pound under weight in 1/12th so it should be tuff for him to get 4 laps on me

The weekend that Billy stopped by I ran stock and 19t touring. He had a better time in stock than I had in 19t. Jerk :-)
Old 10-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Welcome to racing with Sydor....

I am always racing for 2nd...locally like 3 guys can compete with him (and they aren't me)!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Regional Moderator

He may be fast in stock (very fast) but he doesn't stand a chance in 19t up here. You here that Billy... a real man would step up and prove me wrong. :-)

Seriously though... there are several people way better than me running in 19t up here during the club races. I'm sure stock will be competative on the 13/14th of Nov. but I still think 19t or even mod will be where the best drivers will race.

Remember... there is no real novice or sportsman class for this race so stock is where the newer drivers will likely race. Probably where I belong but 19t is so much more fun. I get wooped but it's fun. I'd run mod if more people wanted to and I could keep from breaking my car. Right now the layout we are running is too tight and technical for mod. Tim will be doing a more flowing layout for the big race.

bob
Old 10-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Bob, I am only jokin around as well. Its nice entertainment!! Gonna be interesting finding places to put all this lead on the ole Pro4 to make it legal!

I am a firm believer that any car can do well on any given day. There is no "ONE" miracle car that will make a racer a winner!

So 19t is where the mechanically inclined are planning on racing huh??

Hey, Kansasracer, you get Erock talked into making the treck yet?? Man, its been quite a while since we all raced together!! Metro North I believe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.