Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Omaha Hobby Plex Race Chat

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

im thinking the mod class is going to be a good time. i plan on running mod and stock sedan and possibly stock 1/12.

and for th count on tc4 i will take 5 as i hope to have mine ready for that race
Old 10-15-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You guys are still racing touring cars every Wednesday night and Sunday afternoon right?? I haven't been up to the Omaha track in quite a while and just last night was rebuilding the diffs in my touring car in preparation for winter racing.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Yup... every Wednesday and Sunday. Oval on Saturday's.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

What 19t motors are legal and which ones are not?
Old 10-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Don't forget about the fall oval championship at Hobbyplex on Oct 29-31.
Hope to see ya there.
Race Flyer
http://www.tconl.com/~racefactory/newfile.html
Old 10-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Hi Doug
Hobbyplex will be using the roar motor rules for all classes
and car weights.
http://www.tconl.com/~racefactory/
Old 10-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Doug... I believe the Reedy Quad Magnet, Trinity Chameleon 2, Integy's 19t matrix V10R, and Orion Element are all legal for sure. I think just about any 19t motor May work as long as you keep the timing at or below 24º. If you have a motor you want to run just drop Tim an email at [email protected] and ask. Be sure to post what you find out here in this thread so we all know.

If anyone is interested the results from this Sunday's club race are up at

http://www.hobbyplexraceway.com/www_files/page0004.htm . That is a new track record for the 1/12th scale 19t class.

bob
Old 10-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Bob, here is the email I received from Tim.

Doug, The Reedy is the most popular right now. Any 19T motor is legal for this race as long as has a tag on the arm, if adjustable it is set at 24 degrees and no mix and match of manufactures. Of the eight cars in the main yesterday, four were Reedy, three Chameleons, and one Epic. Tim Ski

I would say this answers any questions. Do you know what motor Anthony is running?

Doug
Old 10-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Regional Moderator

He ran a Reedy 19t Quad Magnet last Wednesday.

I run the Reedy and Kenny has had good luck recently with the Reedy.

I have also had very good luck with my Orion Element motor.

I've heard good things about the Integy Matrix motor but they are harder to come by. I've talked to Mike Collins several times about motors. His favorite 19t motor is the Integy Matrix v10 spec motor (the one with a blue can). It may also be a quad magnet motor.

bob
Old 10-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

The best motor that I have is the Fantom 19t handwound motor.

All those other motors are machinewound.

However I can get some good #'s out of the reedy 19t spec motor. Just make sure that the brushes are really broke in!!!
Later.

P.S. Doug you are already fast!!!! You have the pro 4 car
Old 10-19-2004, 10:51 AM
Regional Moderator

IMPORTANT... Remember to email tim at [email protected] if you plan to attend the oval or roadcoars races. That way he can get a more accurate count.

Speedpunk... Just pick up the replacement arm for those Reedy 19t motors. They are hand wound.

Breaking the brushes in takes a while on those Reedy 19 QM's. The curvature of most brushes is too for for the big comm on the Reed 19 QM so the ouside edges of the brushes wear in first. I usually rub the edges of the new brush off a smidge on a file to help it break in a bit quicker. I also re-skim the comm after the break-in process on this motor. I also break it in at 100-200 seconds at 2-3v and let it cool between sessions. Takes 2-3 sessions to get the entire brush seated. Then I skim the comm again and breakin for about 20 seconds. Then it's ready.

Sometimes I skip the reskim if it's not for any special race.

Have you tried an orion element in 1/12th yet. Tim also has hand wound arms in stock for that if I remember correctly. I'll try to bring mine (freshly rebuilt) in Tomorrow for you to run if you want to try it. You may have to check the springs though. The ones I have on my be too stiff for 1/12th.

BTW... I should be helping Tim with the Oval race on Saturday that weekend. I'm pretty sure we will be doing some more detailed teching during that race as long as we have helpers available that know what to look for.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm trying to come up with the money for a tc4 so I can race the big race. I'll probably run 19t if I do, maybe mod too. Sounds like a good turnout, so we'll see if I can squeek a repeat out of my ass.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

underdahill
Do you have a dyno?

You racing wednesday night?

Old 10-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Nope... no dyno. I had a cs-powercheck for a few weeks. It was very handy but I couldn't afford to keep it. I just picked it up with the intention of selling it when the BMI L4 chassis conversion was done.

I'll be there tomorrow but I'll just be calling the race. Wayne Gerber is building my BMI RC12L4 still so I will not have that yet. My TC3 is also down at BMI (jason at BMI is helping me figure out how to get the drivetrain freed up on it.... I didn't have much luck) so I don't have a car.

Bring a 1/12th scale for me to beat you with if you want :-)

Alex... Hope to see you there. If you want to race and don't have a car I could always let you run my TC3 or L4. Not sure if I will run them both that weekend. Probably not as I think I'll be helping Tim host the race. So one class will probably be all I can manage. It may only be a TC3 but it's on a carbon fiber chassis.

bob
Old 10-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Bob,
HPI Pro4 = Free drivetrain right out of the box!!! No shipping required.

Sorry, I could not resist.

Speedpunk,
I have a buddy that has a dyno and he says my motors need a few months on steroids!!!!! Thats why all the questions. Something about his stockers have more power than my 19t. Wish my buddy had not gotten that dyno. He has too much info at his disposal!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.