Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Omaha Hobby Plex Race Chat

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Regional Moderator

The last race I was at they ran 7 1/12th scales in 19t class. Myself and about 3 other people I race with will be starting to run our 1/12th scales in the next few weeks and be running stock to start with then 19t later this winter. I think 1/12th is going to be a real hit this winter. 19t 1/12th is a blast. Fast enough to test your setup yet not so fast that you can't make runtime without monster packs.

I would guess at between 10-15 1/12th cars on a regular basis this winter. Probably way more on the big race days.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I dont think that you would need killer batts to run open mod 12th scale. I know of one person from Sioux City running a 8 dbl, ran for a few minutes before the race, and still had 312 sec. of batt. left. All he was using are the smc sport packs broken down. Just my .02
Old 10-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Regional Moderator

You'd be surprised at how much time you can get out of an unmatched or sport pack. The resistence is so high in those packs that they just don't let go of the juice very fast.

Works ok for mod but in stock or even 19t it would probably make your motor feel like a dog.

On a related not their is a new cell from GP coming out this month. Surge (my sponsor) just got their first cases and the first round of cell processing showed "very high" voltage on these new cells. I don't think any stores have these new cells yet but it's possible that surge just didn't get their first shipment as soon as some of the other matchers.

I talked to Tim last night and I think he is going to try to design a track that will support mod racing a bit better. It should be a lot more flowing than our current layout. We shall see. I'm really looking forward to this race.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

You guys are going to tempt a few more of us to run mod sedan aint ya? Will there be a 10t limit? How long will the layout be up before the race?
Old 10-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Tim plans to put the layout up the Wednesday before the race. So we will have a club race on it that night to help put a bit of a groove in before that. It will then be open for practice Thur and Fri. I'll be there Wed and after about 5:00 on Fri.

Drop Tim and email about the 10t limit in mod if he runs it. I doubt you'll need more than a 10t but I don't think he will limit it to 10t. No real reason to. Now were did I put that 6x1.

If we do mod I'll just run my 19t Reedy QM and beat you all . I do have a Peak Vantage 11x2 that I'd love to try in mod.

Let us know here what Tim says about the 10t limit in mod if you email him.

bob
Old 10-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i think keeping it at the roar 10t motor limit would be best. that way it would make the playin feild more even. better racing = more fun!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Regional Moderator

I talked with Tim last night. Mod class WILL have a 10t limit.

***IMPORTANT*** Everyone please read the following
If you plan to attend the race please contact Tim at [email protected] and let him know and also tell him how many poeple are coming with you or coming from your area.

bob
Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Bob, sent Tim an email.

Hey, do you have a feel number wise what the entries for stock,19 or mod sedan look like meaning will stock outnumber the other two classes by quite a bit? One of our guys is planning on running stock for sure but the other two or three are still up in the air. Will stock be the biggest class?

Doug
Old 10-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Unfortunately I probably only know about 25% (wild a$$ guess) of the people that are planning to attend so I wouldn't have a clue what the balance will be.

If I had to guess I would say the largest class will be stock touring. With 19t touring, 19t 1/12th, and stock 1/12th splitting the rest of the field. If you have an F1 bring it...those are fun and the racing tends to be close and fun to watch.

I will be running 19t touring along with most of the fast guys. I will also be running stock or 19t 1/12th (which ever gets the larger showing).

General rule of thumb.....if your car is hooked up and you can get around the track without hitting anything most laps in stock touring then I would run 19t. It's just more fun IF (big IF) you can keep the car in one piece.

If enough people do mod a few of the fast guys may run mod instead of 19t. If the track is not very technical I may even run mod instead of 19t. I chomping at the bit to try out the 11x2 V2 I have in my motor box.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default mod

let me know
if you are going to mod, I will bring my camera HAYWYRE
Old 10-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Regional Moderator

Oh... and notice the lack of a Sportsman or Novice stock touring class. So you know what class the newer drivers will likely race in. If you get cought in the wrong qualifier in stock it could be brutal. However, I think Tim may resort the qualifiers at some point so you would still have a chance to run a qualifier with people more your speed.

SOOOO... anyone want to start a pool to guess how many TC4's will be spotted during this event (unassemble kits in the shop don't count). I'll take 3. That's 3 seperate TC4's racing that weekend.

HELP : If anyone reading this thread has contacts in the RC industy please contact them to see if they can:
A) send some of their team drivers our way
B) contribute some stuff for door prizes
(have them contact [email protected] for specifics)

Thanks,
bob
Old 10-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Regional Moderator

haywyre... I'm pretty sure we will run a mod class. Seems to be some interest. It may not be a huge class but it will still be fun to see. BTW... we ran mod at our last trophy race. Kyle Gannon kicked all our butt's.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hobbyplex

Kyle RULES!!

Few guys from the Cedar Rapids area will be over for this one!
Old 10-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Where are all you omaha guys getting tires? Do you guys get a bulk order of tires like you do for gas on road??
Old 10-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Actually... most of us just buy them at the hobby shop. Supporting the LHS and all. But if you want better prices you can order from www.kthobbies.com

Nobody has done a bulk order of tires for onroad yet. I think the oval guys do this from time to time though.

Hope that helps.

bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.