Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HobbyPLEX Indoor Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

All I got to say is AWESOME. The Plex is out doing it again. Walked inside of it yesterday and it's HUGE. Alex the driver's stand is not huge its GIGANTOR.....
Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That driver's stand looks freaking massive!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

What a day today.

I know that this will get a little old, but as the City's requirements (many of which don't make a lot of sense) continue to add on to the cost of this thing, I can't stress enough how important it is to buy your stuff from The Plex.

If we don't have something, make sure you ask. If you see something we do have that is cheaper somewhere, (which isn't often, but it does happen from time to time) make sure you ask and I'll try to figure it out.

The main thing that I can say is don't take us for granted when this is all done. Racing rc cars is a way of life for me and for many of you, and we're going to have one of the best places in the world to do so.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FroBoy

What a day today.

I know that this will get a little old, but as the City's requirements (many of which don't make a lot of sense) continue to add on to the cost of this thing, I can't stress enough how important it is to buy your stuff from The Plex.

If we don't have something, make sure you ask. If you see something we do have that is cheaper somewhere, (which isn't often, but it does happen from time to time) make sure you ask and I'll try to figure it out.

The main thing that I can say is don't take us for granted when this is all done. Racing rc cars is a way of life for me and for many of you, and we're going to have one of the best places in the world to do so.
well put alex
Old 08-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FroBoy

What a day today.

I wish there was a 'like' button similar to facebook on r/c tech. A few days ago, a local placed an order for a Team Durango buggy, a buggy which is relatively new on the the market and has never been ordered before, and in a few days it was on the center counter at the Plex. I guess I will make do with some these...
Old 08-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Andy Crosson
I wish there was a 'like' button similar to facebook on r/c tech. A few days ago, a local placed an order for a Team Durango buggy, a buggy which is relatively new on the the market and has never been ordered before, and in a few days it was on the center counter at the Plex. I guess I will make do with some these...
Old 08-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

I know I may get some hate for this but I have to be honest. First thing about shopping online is that I know what I can and cannot get at that moment. It shows me the stock, adds the price for me and shipping is usually a standard price. If I am unsure of what I want, I have a ton of specs in front of me and reviews at my fingertips.

I dont have to drive 20 minutes both ways. I don't have to cross my fingers hoping what I need is in stock having to come back a week later to pick up my order (another 40 minutes). I don't have to worry that its very busy and cannot get anyone to help me (especially sucks for things behind the counter).

On that note, I do spend a good deal of money there anyway on parts and fuel while I am racing. When it isn't busy, its the best hobby store I have ever been to. The prices there are awesome and usually on par with what I can get anywhere else. Since you guys have put in an over the top effort with the track and store I will make more of an effort myself to try and make my way to the store more often. It may even be a reason enough to convince my wife I need to take the motorcycle out more.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

(402) 498-8888, To me its pretty easy to just call and ask if its in stock. If not, they can probably order it quicker than you anyways. I prefer to just go in person and talk with the guys and get face to face advice on whats good for me. Specs don't mean anything when you cant touch it or talk to an expert. I personally have to keep my distance from the plex because I spend too much when I do go. But I love it, what are you going to do.

I am planning my return this year. Look out, I'm bringing back-up this time....
Old 08-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Drifter73
I am planning my return this year. Look out, I'm bringing back-up this time....

Get them boys on the track!!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerST
I know I may get some hate for this but I have to be honest. First thing about shopping online is that I know what I can and cannot get at that moment. It shows me the stock, adds the price for me and shipping is usually a standard price. If I am unsure of what I want, I have a ton of specs in front of me and reviews at my fingertips.

I dont have to drive 20 minutes both ways. I don't have to cross my fingers hoping what I need is in stock having to come back a week later to pick up my order (another 40 minutes). I don't have to worry that its very busy and cannot get anyone to help me (especially sucks for things behind the counter).

On that note, I do spend a good deal of money there anyway on parts and fuel while I am racing. When it isn't busy, its the best hobby store I have ever been to. The prices there are awesome and usually on par with what I can get anywhere else. Since you guys have put in an over the top effort with the track and store I will make more of an effort myself to try and make my way to the store more often. It may even be a reason enough to convince my wife I need to take the motorcycle out more.

If I am not mistaken I do believe the store has an online ordering place. Alex was working on getting the inventory right to go live with a website. I am not sure if this ever got accomplished. He can chime in here and tell me if I am wrong.
Chris
Old 08-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Our "core" inventory is online at hobbytown.com

My post wasn't meant to call anyone out or get into a online versus store sorta thing.

It's just a reminder how important our racer's business is. I'm actually quite impressed by the loyalty of our racers, which I am very grateful for.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Im just super excited to get back to racing again.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedy S
Im just super excited to get back to racing again.
Ditto. Can't wait for Friday nights!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

INSANE!!! is all i can say about the set up you guys are building.... i cannot wait to make a trip up there for the regionals.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisPfligler
Ditto. Can't wait for Friday nights!
Friday nights. Its gonna be a blast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.