Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
2010 Hobby Haven Off-Road Shootout >

2010 Hobby Haven Off-Road Shootout

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Hobby Haven Off-Road Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warpig
Hey Chilly,

I have tried to make my payment on rcsignup.com and it won't let me for some reason. Can I pay when I get there on Sunday? Or, should I call the store?

Also, is there going to be any practice Sunday morning? Or is Friday the only day?
Not sure why you would be having problems. No one else has reported any issues. But either way you're welcome to pay the day of the race. As Chilly said, we just did the preregistering so we could get an idea of the number of shirts and towels to order.

Look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Dave
Old 08-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avrcguy
Not sure why you would be having problems. No one else has reported any issues. But either way you're welcome to pay the day of the race. As Chilly said, we just did the preregistering so we could get an idea of the number of shirts and towels to order.

Look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Dave
It's probably due to me thinking I paid it and I went to double check it and it wasn't.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

could someone possibly tell me what tires work for 1/8 scale truggy and buggy never been to hobby haven so not sure what to expect thanks and seeya sunday
Old 09-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Is the "stock" SCT class required to run "stock" tires? Or, is this just a motor restriction?

I'm thinking of buying one before I head up there.. LMK

Ben
Old 09-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mwilcox
could someone possibly tell me what tires work for 1/8 scale truggy and buggy never been to hobby haven so not sure what to expect thanks and seeya sunday
Pretty broad range of tires seem to work. Cross Bows, Crow Bars, City Blocks, Gridirons, Calibers, etc. Most of us typically run soft compounds but that's usually on a wet track. Track conditions this weekend will likely be dry so you may want to try mediums.

Originally Posted by warpig
Is the "stock" SCT class required to run "stock" tires? Or, is this just a motor restriction?

I'm thinking of buying one before I head up there.. LMK

Ben
Any SC tires are fine. No 1/8th tire conversions allowed.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

FYI. I extended the registration deadline until 6PM Friday for any who would still prefer to register online. Otherwise feel free to register at the Track.

See you all tomorrow!

Old 09-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i think everyone from omaha had a good time and i would like to say congratulations to ryan leahy for winning expert truggy a main which was his first randy romanik finished third in expert truggy and kolton for making a main and finishing eighth ben burtle won e buggy and his short course and i believe was 7th in nitro buggy finished 3rd in expert buggy perrotto and tony d were all over the place in the main so... not sure there but omaha was represented well and i think a good time was had by all and despite being late they got the show in i guess so thanks for having us.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

thanks again guys, I had a blast.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, it was definitely fun!! Nitro was very bad luck as always. Totally missing my qualifyers trying to work on my other car... I'm a dummy. LOL One of these days I'll get nitro working for me.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mwilcox
i think everyone from omaha had a good time and i would like to say congratulations to ryan leahy for winning expert truggy a main which was his first randy romanik finished third in expert truggy and kolton for making a main and finishing eighth ben burtle won e buggy and his short course and i believe was 7th in nitro buggy finished 3rd in expert buggy perrotto and tony d were all over the place in the main so... not sure there but omaha was represented well and i think a good time was had by all and despite being late they got the show in i guess so thanks for having us.
Colton (me) is from lincoln. Working on plates for thanksgiving hoping to have lots of people over nxt year thanks for keeping the sense of humor when we thot it was over.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Besides breaking my controller before the main and super gluing it and starting the main with a cold motor, it was pretty fun.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First year we have attended....... GREAT JOB CHILLY!! The promotion was great and race directors did what they needed to do (especially Sun)
Looking forward to racing again in 2011. Since there were a few "HAWKEYE" fans Maybe........... There could be some kind of a (cup / trophey award???
Let there be no doubt there were more than enough Husker "racers" there. Just a thought....... Use several different current class (Which to be determined later) And have an overall points finish to see who takes the award home to post at the store or the club. I think this would promote a "team effort" since this type of racing appears to be a little more on the loaner side."which, there is nothing wrong with that" That's how the Young Racers get to where you are "By learning from their piers"

Thanks For Your Time

Brian "Otherwise know as Colton's Dad"
Old 09-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for everyone who came over. It was a great two days of racing!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Thanks for everyone that came to the race. We had a record 214 entries for both days combined. I think the ROAR Electric Nats had 305 so we are close to their numbers now!

There is a thread going with pics and videos from the event. Make sure to check them out and share your images and videos too!

http://www.iowarctracks.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5002
Old 09-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry. Meant to post this here earlier.

For any who are interested. The results for this race can be downloaded HERE.

Thanks again to all who came. Hope you all had a good time, and can make it back next year. Should be even more prizes next year, if you can believe that!