Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get involved

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How to get involved

My son and I bought a couple brushless cars a year ago. We have never raced before and I have a couple questions. How do we go about getting involved in offroad racing at the plex? I assume there are rules and guidlines the trucks, batteries and chassis have to meet? Where do I go to get that kind of information? What about practice? Can just anyone go over to the track and practice? Thanks for the help?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You can go out to the track at any time and practice. Its free.

For the racing all you have to do is show up on Friday night or Sunday afternoon and enter the race.

Most of the time you'll start in our Plexspec beginner class and progress from there.

I have some fliers at the plex that describe our classes. In fact, I think I need to make more copies...

The track website is www.hobbyplexraceway.com
Old 07-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

IMO.
The best thing to do is come out on race day and check it out, become familiar with the track and watch how things are ran...

Most importantly talk to the racers... You will find that 99% of them are more than willing to chat it up and help someone out with any information.

Plan on having fun!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Rookie

We stopped by last Sunday and watched the races for about an hour. Didnt talk to anyone but I will next time for sure. Thanks guys.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

come on down friday night or sunday, and most of us would be more than happy to help.