Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club) >

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's still to be answered.

I'm not sure if we can make it any name or not. Chad Yost has done some work to get a non-profit status setup that we may fall under so we need to talk to him about what options we have. (I just sent him an e-mail asking him.) I'm guessing that we will be able to call it anything that we want and if so then we should start gathering names and then have a vote on it. Let's see my ideas are:

1. Brontosaurous Buffalo Burners ( this one will get publicity)
2. LRCRA - Lincoln Remote Control Racer's Association
3. LARA - Lincoln Antenna Racer's Association
4. LRCC - Lincoln R/C Club
5. SCrCA - Star City R/C Association

I'm sure someone can come up with some names that are better than these. The club is going to be responsible for both on-road and off-road so the name needs to apply to both.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Today at the races there were several people that showed up to just watch. So I was thinking...

What if we all pooled all our old rc stuff that we don't really want and used it to make a car that is owned by the club. Nothing too fast but just a car that runs and use it for people who show up without cars but may want to give going around the track a try.

I could start by putting in this Futaba Magnum 2PHKA radio I have. I know the transmitter works but not sure about the reciever. I haven't used it in a long time.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a speedo and possibly a motor..
Old 08-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What about "Racers on the ol'garbage dump"

I think one thing that we need to do is post is some signs out at the track about the new club forming soon. Seeing that most people are not rc "nerds like us and come on here and post stuff or read about things here. i can see what I can do about that. Also if we get a good turn out for off-road like we did last Tuesday we can spread the word around there some more.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

I like #1
Old 08-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

PHP Code:
Brontosaurous Buffalo Burners 
im not smart enough to know how to spell this.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

We should call ourselves "drama queens" haha.. you know it's true!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

BTW.. Anthony, call me when you get a sec tonight. I don't work and am wanting some pointers on sedans.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Suspended

I have an AM receiver, 2 sanyo 2400's, and several stock steering servo's, also i have lots of old TC bodies, I would love to get that stuff out of my basement LMK!!

Sorry Matt Farnham this stuff is not for you!!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Cool! Sounds like we've already got the support equipment for one car...now we just need to piece together the car itself! Thanks
Old 08-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Suspended

I would be more than happy to donate those!! There just sitting, What chassis would we use though? I have a rc10B3 that we could use for the offroad, but i have nothing for the onroad!!
Old 08-09-2005, 03:38 AM
Tech Rookie

I think I could come up with a T3 chassis also. LMK.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Chad did reply to my email asking him about the club name. The non profit status is for the track because it is located on City of Lincoln park land. The club can fall under this non profit status as part of an umbrella clause and can still be called what ever we want it to be called. So, with that said, we need to come up with a name that we can all live with that can be associated with both, Off-Road and On-Road Tracks, both electric, and nitro racing. Please submit some ideas to this forum or email them to me at [email protected] so that we can come up with something good. We will be voting on this at our next club meeting. This meeting is tentatively scheduled for Thursday August 25th, 8:00PM. I'm not sure about the location as of yet, possibly again at the EastPark HobbyTown. I need some help getting the word out on this so if we can talk to people that may be interested in this, put up a flyer at the track, mention it at the races, etc. The more interest we can generate in this the more people we can get involved in R/C racing. Thank you for your time.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

My vote is for "Mosquitoe bandits" or "Wesnile Westside R/C track"...
Old 08-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking

I have some ideas. #1 is too advertise in the lincoln paper. such as race results and up coming races. #2 maybe have a r/c play night that everyone can have fun. (monster night) #3 how cleanness all alround the track including the junk under the stairs and the door. #4 maybe a couple times a year have cook out for the racers. #5 how about outhouses and more picnic talpes.

thanks
KILLER nate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.