Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meetings and Elections

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by champ3
And there are some that work on weekends that have to plan and ask to be off work. Most employers are only going to let that happen so many times before they get tired of it.
Phil you just need to work more hours so Lee doesn't have to work!!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Jacobson
:lol :
Old 12-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Jacobson
Originally Posted by eflite300
:lol :
I work too much and have too many headaches as it is now!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JLock
BigDog,

Dallas is about 6 to 6.5 hours away (I know, I have driven it enough).
Just how fast are you going, I went before thanksgiving and it took me 9 hrs.
And the ticket from that nice TX trooper didn't take but just a minute.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OldandSlow
Just how fast are you going, I went before thanksgiving and it took me 9 hrs.
And the ticket from that nice TX trooper didn't take but just a minute.
If it took you 9 hrs, then you are old and slow. It is only 450 miles from Dallas to Memphis, so you must be taking the long way through Mississppi and Louisiana. When I drive it, I go I-30 to Little Rock and then catch I-40 to Memphis. I average about 73mph as far as my speed. I make only one stop for gas, snacks, and bathroom along the way (SUV gets only 20mpg on the open road, so I can't quite make it on a tank). So, if you take 73mph and divide that into 450 miles, that translates to between 6 and 6.5 hrs for the drive. Also, at 73mph, the cops don't jack with me and I let the speed racers that fly past me flush out any cops hiding down the road (and it has happened many times on my trips there).

Last edited by JLock; 12-11-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Meetings

I'm going to go on the edge here for a few, if you are offended...oh well. I apologize ahead of time.

I hope that tomorrow's meeting will not be the be all end all decision of what we are racing class wise and schedule wise. Why? I think that it's an unfair thing to decide. The meeting tomorrow should encompass one thing, the election of officers ONLY. Why? That is basically all we talked about with the exception of defining responsibilities for the officers and possibly creating new officer positions.

Tomorrow, talk about what classes we might run, and talk about what kind of schedule we might race. Make no hard decisions other than some preliminary decisions about the 2 "big" races we hold and decide when we will have the next meeting. On that next meeting, that should be the hard decision of Classes, Rule changes, and Schedule finalization.

I will go on record now and say this.

Personally I feel we have too many races in our series. Some have said it is about attendance. And in all forms of racing that is pretty much true, you have to attend most all of the races to win, place, or show in the end. But, on the flip side of that coin, there are other things I would like to do with my weekends than spend every one of them racing. I do have family I enjoy seeing and have to travel to see them. It is a personal choice for me to race as I enjoy racing and talking and seeing friends as well as helping new racers in the hobby.

I would prefer MSRA to hold 1 race per month, and Q hold 1 race per month. That is 2 per month I would attend when not working. It also gives leeway to make up dates for rain outs. Change the points race from the best 12 of 14 to the best 6 of 7. 2 Weekends open per month would allow me to either visit family and friends, or go to other tracks to race at like Nashville, or Carbondale, or something else. Will it happen? Most likely not ever.

Peace out, I'll think about you tomorrow as I sleep. Night shift is the pits.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

What about the people that can't (or won't) travel. Think of them. The club reduced the number of races last year.
The reason for the proposed Vintage Trans-Am cup was that it would only be once a month, 9 races with 2 drops. This would present the opportunity to go to other tracks and race. Can't see why no understands this. Oh well.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dondor
I'm going to go on the edge here for a few, if you are offended...oh well. I apologize ahead of time.

I hope that tomorrow's meeting will not be the be all end all decision of what we are racing class wise and schedule wise. Why? I think that it's an unfair thing to decide. The meeting tomorrow should encompass one thing, the election of officers ONLY. Why? That is basically all we talked about with the exception of defining responsibilities for the officers and possibly creating new officer positions.

Tomorrow, talk about what classes we might run, and talk about what kind of schedule we might race. Make no hard decisions other than some preliminary decisions about the 2 "big" races we hold and decide when we will have the next meeting. On that next meeting, that should be the hard decision of Classes, Rule changes, and Schedule finalization.

I will go on record now and say this.

Personally I feel we have too many races in our series. Some have said it is about attendance. And in all forms of racing that is pretty much true, you have to attend most all of the races to win, place, or show in the end. But, on the flip side of that coin, there are other things I would like to do with my weekends than spend every one of them racing. I do have family I enjoy seeing and have to travel to see them. It is a personal choice for me to race as I enjoy racing and talking and seeing friends as well as helping new racers in the hobby.

I would prefer MSRA to hold 1 race per month, and Q hold 1 race per month. That is 2 per month I would attend when not working. It also gives leeway to make up dates for rain outs. Change the points race from the best 12 of 14 to the best 6 of 7. 2 Weekends open per month would allow me to either visit family and friends, or go to other tracks to race at like Nashville, or Carbondale, or something else. Will it happen? Most likely not ever.

Peace out, I'll think about you tomorrow as I sleep. Night shift is the pits.
Amen.

Originally Posted by Three
What about the people that can't (or won't) travel. Think of them. The club reduced the number of races last year.
The reason for the proposed Vintage Trans-Am cup was that it would only be once a month, 9 races with 2 drops. This would present the opportunity to go to other tracks and race. Can't see why no understands this. Oh well.

Understood, but are there 9 months of guaranteed racing? Im counting 7 from April until October. May and November are both real sketchy.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

How true about May and November. Makes me think I'm in Seattle .
Old 12-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Can someone please post how the meeting went today and what all was decided, sorry I could not make it, had a family get togather
Old 12-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

It was terrible, three dead and at least that many in serious condition. Never seen so many guns and knives.......
Old 12-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Just kidding
Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Steve Street = President,
Sid Rhoades = Vice,
Jamie Street = Sec/Trs,
Boddy Goodwin = Track Director,
Bill Holbrook = Assistant Track Director,
Tim Bryson = web guru.

Issues to be voted on at next meeting:Schedule will be posted soon.......
Mini to run club spec motors.
VTA will have a cup series like the Mini cup.
Fathers Day will a non points race.
Two practice setup days
Old 12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Three
It was terrible, three dead and at least that many in serious condition. Never seen so many guns and knives.......
This was priceless, ROTFL.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

This is the 2010 M.S.R.A. race schedule.
It includes two car clinic/set-up days, one test/tune day.
The "Beat the Heat" and "Brawl in the Fall" two day events.
The Tamiya T.C.S. competition (including the Saturday non-points club race).
Mini and Vintage Trans-Am Cup races, too.
Lets Race !!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2010_Schedule[2].pdf (178.0 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by Three; 12-14-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.