Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 T.C.S.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Eric i don't want to fight, i was really suprised that you went off on a racer simply asking for a rule clarification that is all. It is and always has been the discresion of the race host to make the call, and If this guy is new to r\c racing imagine how your response felt to him. you as a owner of a company should know how important it is to foster new racers.As far a you caring about my opinion that is not what this is about, i gave you my name so you would not think i was hiding. It's a shame that you let a question about rules keep you from coming out. This is about fun and i know to you it is business but mr. pid only asked for aclarification and sid should be the one to make that call that's all.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can't blame the guy for asking the question. It is a valid and legitimate question, it just turns out that his assumption of Eric was incorrect. Now, since Eric has made it clear that he doesn't receive a paycheck for driving, I guess by TCS rules, he is "legal". Come on over, EA, you said it yourself, this race is for FUN. Now come have some!! You'll probably end up kicking yourself if you don't. Besides, who's gonna keep Dyno Dave in line?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I thought it was a legitimate question, didn't mean to cause a problem. But I have lost respect for a lot of people that I would have liked to met at TCS. I guess you Tennessee people don't like questions and can only resort to name calling. Shame on all of you. End of story.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stuart Pid
Well I thought it was a legitimate question, didn't mean to cause a problem. But I have lost respect for a lot of people that I would have liked to met at TCS. I guess you Tennessee people don't like questions and can only resort to name calling. Shame on all of you. End of story.
"What do you mean you people?"....."WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE?"...LOL
Old 04-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Stuart,

If your post was indeed an honest question and not an attempt to cause trouble then I sincerely apologize. No offense but when someone with a low post count and a funny looking name (again I apologize if that is your real name) start's asking questions like that it's usually to stir up trouble and nothing more.

Dont let internet arguements stop you from having a good time. If youve never been to the TCS race it is a lot of fun...some of the most fun you will have at a race.

EA
Old 04-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
"What do you mean you people?"....."WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE?"...LOL
Go back to sleep there nothing to see here
Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LOL...still cant see how he played IRON MAN...back to normal..cya
Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

You never did answer the question. Who are you??
Old 04-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

StuPid- I won't apologize for using your name... although I'm guessing that isn't really your name, and even though at least FOUR different people have asked you to reveal yourself and quit the whole "keyboard bandit" act, you not only haven't stated your real name, but you have completely avioded the question... which leads me to have a REALLY hard time believing the whole "playing innocent for asking a question" routine.

Here's another question you can aviod: if you didn't want to start a bunch of crap, then why didn't you simply PM Sid and ask your question in private? How about asking EA if he's a paid driver thru PM? How about call Tamiya USA and completely aviod anyone even knowing you had a concern? You're so good at quoting text, why not let me give it a try...

Racer check-in will begin at approximately 7:30am Sunday morning.

If you have questions about the TCS race format or rules please contact
Andrew Kuntze, Fred Medel, or Gary Demory by replying to this email or call
(800) 826-4922. See you at the races!

Sincerely,

Gary Demory
Tamiya America
Customer Service
WoW looky there- I did it!

Don't worry too much Stup, you're not the only one who has taken a cheap shot at EA from this area. I just hope for your sake you didn't screw up the deal that MSRA members get on EAM products cause you'll have a nice little pack of wolves looking at you like rabbit dipped in bar-b-q sauce...lmao

Now you have to make a choice, you can:
A- man up and reveal yourself, then apologize for slinging poop in the fan,
OR you can
B- continue your keyboard bandit ways... but keep in mind, I may already know your IP addresses....
Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

Dont let internet arguements stop you from having a good time. If youve never been to the TCS race it is a lot of fun...some of the most fun you will have at a race.

EA
Eric,

You are still and always welcome if you choose to come. It looks like Todd is sending his mini with the Ala. guys for you to use. Hope to see you this weekend.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have nothing against Eric. He has been most helpful to racers. Perhaps I should have PM'd Tamiya, but I didn't. That is my only mistake. You, Mr Dog are the one spreading ...... it's over. It was a legimate question.
And don't threaten me, let it end now. It was forgotten before you had to put in your two cents worth. THE END.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Looking forward to another great Memphis TCS. The Alabama gang will be heading over first thing Saturday morning. Can MSRA do me one favor and do something about the weather forecast for Sunday?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Although they aren't worth much here are my thoughts. Reading this thread, The MSRA VTA thread and others over the past few days I have tried to put this hobby in perspective. My conclusion is as follows.

Most of us are physically grown but but the fact we spend a great deal of time either playing with, thinking about playing with, or working on TOY CARS proves the fact that most of us are still kids at heart.

As I think back to my school days and look at my kids in school I see there are normally three groups of kids.

First you have the Bullies. These kids love trouble. They pick on other kids, start fights, break things, get mad, etc.

Next you have the criers. These kids are prime targets for the bullies. They cry when picked at, whine about everything, feel everyone is out to get them and routinely plead the case "That's Not Fair".

The final group are the "Happy Kids". These kids are generally happy. They go out and play either with friends or alone. Have fun in whatever they do. Very seldom complain about anything. Spend alot of time laughing at the above two groups.

It appears that most of us still fall into one of these three groups. I can tell you I have been in all three since starting the hobby a short time ago. I can also tell you I enjoy myself so much more when I am in the third group. I work a full time job and have a life outside of RC and I have plenty of Drama in both. Wrenching on my car and spending time at the track has lately become my way of getting away from the Drama.

Winning is fun in anything. I however don't see myself winning any races anytime soon. I'm there to learn about car setup, improve my driving skills, watch some good racing between the "Fast Guys" and spend time with my son. Colton ask me on almost a weekly basis why his car is running slower lap times than Q, Kyle and Zach. My answer is alway's the same. Car Setup and Driver Ability.

Earlier this year at the Novak race I had a conversation with Paul Lemiuex. He was telling me when he stopped worrying about winning and started having fun is when he started winning.

My conclusion. If you want drama turn the TV to TNT. TNT knows Drama!

Otherwise try to stay in the Happy Kids group and have some fun!

Again, this is just my .02 and isn't worth .0000000000000001!!!!!

And now we return to your regularly scheduled programming!

Last edited by 88crewchief; 05-01-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo's
Old 05-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 88crewchief
Although they aren't worth much here are my thoughts. Reading this thread, The MSRA VTA thread and others over the past few days I have tried to put this hobby in perspective. My conclusion is as follows.

Most of us are physically grown but but the fact we spend a great deal of time either playing with, thinking about playing with, or working on TOY CARS proves the fact that most of us are still kids at heart.

As I think back to my school days and look at my kids in school I see there are normally three groups of kids.

First you have the Bullies. These kids love trouble. They pick on other kids, start fights, break things, get mad, etc.

Next you have the criers. These kids are prime targets for the bullies. They cry when picked at, whine about everything, feel everyone is out to get them and routinely plead the case "That's Not Fair".

The final group are the "Happy Kids". These kids are generally happy. They go out and play either with friends or alone. Have fun in whatever they do. Very seldom complain about anything. Spend alot of time laughing at the above two groups.

It appears that most of us still fall into one of thest three groupls. I can tell you I have been in all three since starting the hobby a short time ago. I can also tell you I enjoy myself so much more when I am in the third group. I work a full time job and have a life outside of RC and I have plenty of Drama in both. Wrenching on my car and spending time at the track has lately become my way of getting away from the Drama.

Winning is fun in anything. I however don't see myself winning any races anytime soon. I'm there to learn about car setup, improve my driving skills, watch some good racing between the "Fast Guys" and spend time with my son. Colton ask me on almost a weekly basis why his car is running slower lap times than Q, Kyle and Zach. My answer is alway's the same. Car Setup and Driver Ability.

Earlier this year at the Novak race I had a conversation with Paul Lemiuex. He was telling me when he stopped worrying about winning and started having fun is when he started winning.

My conclusion. If you want drama turn the TV to TNT. TNT knows Drama!

Otherwise try to stay in the Happy Kids group and have some fun!

Again, this is just my .02 and isn't worth .0000000000000001!!!!!

And now we return to your regularly scheduled programming!

Well Said!!!!!!!
And now I know why I retired from racing.....
It became more work than fun..
hope you guys have a safe and fun weekend!!!!!!
and Ray my money is still on you!!
M.Masters
Old 05-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This last page or so has been sooooooooooooo gaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.