Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2003 Beat the Heat Race in Memphis, TN

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Just wanted to let everyone know I had a blast (exception for the rain and sprinklers) this weekend at the Beat the Heat. Broke many parts, and got to run the most practice runs in a sedan ever. Maybe some day I will understand these crazy 4WD sedans. I hope every one got home safe and I can't wait to do this again.

Brant
Old 08-04-2003, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what a great race weekend, except for the community shower yesterday afternoon, special thanks to all the out of towners
( toastie, tom r. , sam , and many others.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Default BTH

I sure hate the I missed out. I planned on coming out Sunday morning but the drive back from Florida had me on my arse all day Sunday

Thanks to those that helped out. It's great that we have resources that are willing to assist every race day, and they don't even race. Tim, thanks for helping out Saturday, I know Sunday was your anniversary and you probably had some dinner planning to do as well as some shopping to do but you took time out to assist MSRA, thanks. Sunny Mel. Man, talk about someone who should be greatly appreciated for helping out every race. This lady doesn't even race. She puts up with all the testosterone
that is being put down but keeps coming out to assist. Don't take SunnyMel's kindness as a weakness, we should appreciate that she takes time out of her day(s) to help out MSRA. She allows must of us to work on our cars while she handles the computer. A huge THANK YOU goes out to you. There are others, like Eric, Shawn, Ralph, Mike B that always seem to help out without having to ask (much ), thanks. There are others and my apologies for missing you but thanks.

HobbyTown USA, came through, thanks
HobbyLand assisted with the Trophies, Thanks
Trains and Things gave us a reduced price on some of the itmes. Not what we were looking for but thanks.

Other sponsors that assisted, Schumacher, Associated, Tamiya and the others, thanks. Jason has the list and will thank them personally, great job Jason.

I know this was planned from the beginning of the season but things come up that are out of our control sometimes and prevents us from having fun racing our toys. This is why I wasn't able to attend, I believe TJ had a family reunion to attend in Texas that prohibited his attendance. We apologies to MSRA as well as the racers for not assisting in the event.

Last edited by Mike F; 08-04-2003 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Mike no apologies needed, youve worked your arse off for tooooo many years to make this club as good as it is. Thank you for all you dedication over the years.

As for Sunnymell, not enough can be said, she puts up with all the egos and short tempered "adults" out there, and keeps coming back. I hope nobody ever Shats on you enough to make you leave, you are a awsoem assist to our club. Thanks

To all that helped out, Thanks. Big shout goes out to MOM Hill. See along with Jason, Mike B, and myself were responsble for puttin that huge track together Sat am. thanks for helping out and keeping me company until everyone showeed up. YOU ROCK. Thanks also for the gift of the towels that you created for the top qualifiers. Great work. Dave let her know we thank her if she doesnt get on here to read it.

Great to see all the out of towners, look forward to talkin to you again toastie.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Mike F. and Tim......THANK YOU!!!
Youguys know that I have much love for all you guys!!

Eric, Thanks for the parties this weekend! I had a great time and owe you one (Thank Angie as well). Sorry that you didn't make s much money as you thought that youwould off of the tickets though!

Dave, Thanks for the announcing on Saturday-you did a great job..much better than I do I am sure!

To everyone-thanks for being patient with us and understanding as well....and for whopping up on some of our Memphis guys...

Pookty--WOW--great racing this weekend---crazy things do happen huh??

Moms...as usual..thanks for everything!!

And to whoever is responsible for doing the rain dance...reports have it that it was some of the racers that were not doing so well this weekend ( )...THANKS A LOT!!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

AWESOME weekend guys. I had a ton of fun this weekend. Thanks to everyone there. It was alot of fun watching some good racing out ofcourse our local speed demons but also the out of towners that can sure put down some rubber. Next year we need to have electric and nitro boat classes and maybe we can call it Beat the Water instead. Just a thought.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default And the rain Came

thanks to all the members that help put this race on!!!!! I myself and Brian my son had a great time. Thanks to Big dog, Sunnymell, Dynoman and all for a good weekend of racing.(except for the rain) We in the Rock well most of us will come back and run again and maybe the rain want come with us. LOL !!!!!! I have a score to settle with your pipes and I will get even with them. But maybe I want beat on them like I did this time. SO FOR ALL THE PEOPLE AT THE BEAT THE HEAT EVERYONE WAS A WINNER FOR THE FUN OF THE SPORT AND THERE SPORTSMANSHIP AT THIS RACE.