Search
Like Tree1Likes

PLEASE Help me pick one - Outcast, MT410, or MT4 G3

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zinergy
Arrma is tearing up the basher market. They found the secret formula we were all looking for. Tough design, RTR, 1/8th scale electronics... even in their so called 1/10th scale SCT the Senton. The only thing they are still having issues with is the ESC. The new gen ESCs are better than the original all red ESCs but there are still some that are having issues. I see a lot of guys running MMXs on Arrmas.

ARRMA was smart... they took what they learned works in 1/8th racing and applied it directly to a basher car which IMO is something nobody else has done...Its gives these cars the best handling, weight balance,performance and durability.. Sadly in the past there was a huge amount of resistance to bashers adopting the concept flat pan racer truggy style trucks but it looks like the cat is finally out of the bag and bashers are finally seeing the light !
Old 12-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Hmmmm Losi XXL 2 E does looks pretty sweet too? Whats everyone's opinion on those compared to Outcast / Kraton? Seems about $100 more, but is it worth it?

And again, can an outcast wheelie bar or any wheelie bar be put on a Kraton? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

The Losi is good too.

It is big and heavy and a fair bit harder to work on. I would expect parts to be less widely available. Definitely a good truck though.

Where I live (Europe) the price difference from a Kraton to the LST XXL2-E is more like €300*, if not more(Just checked - €750 vs. €450). Therefore Kraton all day for me..

* Horizon has lost the plot when it comes to prices in Europe..
Old 12-29-2016, 11:30 AM
Tech Rookie

And heavy breaks parts quicker :-)
Old 12-29-2016, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes the wheelie bar will fit on the others
Old 12-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Lost XXL 2 E harder to work on, I don't think so. Like I said I am a beginner and have no problem working on this truck. Check the XXL2E thread and you will see.

Heavy= better built imho

But I will let the Arrma fans point you that way.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nowayout
Lost XXL 2 E harder to work on, I don't think so. Like I said I am a beginner and have no problem working on this truck. Check the XXL2E thread and you will see.

Heavy= better built imho

But I will let the Arrma fans point you that way.
We do appreciate your blessings
Old 12-29-2016, 03:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I poked around on Youtube and found this pretty quick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtgR1J-bGLE
Old 12-29-2016, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Full disclosure, I don't know much about the XXL2e. The video points to diff problems and a 5 second Google search shows that as common. Why? Or does this just come with continuous 6s running? I never considered it because of cost and to be frank, the ugly chassis layout and styling. On the other hand...I know people BUY THEM for just those reasons...just not my cup of tea.

Having to decide on what AWESOME Monster Truck to buy...God! I love this Country!
Old 12-29-2016, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

I have two nitro LST2's, and they are among the best RC's I've ever had. Probably THE best. Yeah, they're heavy, but the material is better quality than other brands, so these trucks have lasted forever. The diffs are as good as anything else. The only thing I would criticize at this point, after 10+ years with my first one, is the 2-speed and transmission. But that's not even relevant for the electric version.

Replacing a steering servo on an LST is a nightmare, so yes, they are much more of a pain to work on than my MT4 G3, or any buggy or truggy. The 1/16 screws are also horrible(and for some people having to buy special non-metric tools is an issue..) and strip regularly. I should point out though, I don't consider being harder to work on or having crap screws a big deal at all. My LST2's have proven themselves a 100 times over. So anyway, I would not talk badly of the LST. On the contrary - it's sure to be good. Or base any decision on that one video. The Losi is good for sure.

But the Arrma is the better value IMO. Especially given European prices.. Horizon has lost the plot in that department...

FWIW I can't believe how expensive the Fazon is...

Which brings it all back to the Kraton...
Old 12-30-2016, 02:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I own both, the Outcast and the MT410. And I have three kids (0.5y/4y/6y) ;-) My 4y old boy is bashing the Outcast through the Swiss Alps - and he is doing that quite good. In your situation, I would say go with the Outcast. A really good basher and half the price of an MT410. If/When your boy is driving the Outcast, I suggest to defuce Outcasts ESC (a software restricted Hobbywing Quickrun ESC -> http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=354) and maybe play with the throttle endpoints (for my boy, I only reduced the "punch" setting in the ESC). Maybe get the Orange Tekno springs for the Outcast (major improvement) -> TKR6083 / TKR6093.

But anyway, can't go wrong either way.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

There have been several threads debating the Arrmas, Losi's etc. I own the Losi and a Kraton, my personal favorite is the Losi but I'm the first to say that the Arrmas are a better value. I think the materials, fit and finish of the Losi is on another level, but the Arrma rigs are still tough as heck and at the end of the day for a basher that's one of the most important things. They have grown in popularity so the parts are easy to get, and it doesn't get much easier to work on than a truggy layout.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

For some reason I was thinking that the Kraton was cheaper than the Outcast, but it doesnt look to be the case. Both seem to be $499. In that case, I think I am leaning towards the Outcast due the the bigger wheels and wheelie bar and nicer looking body IMO. I will just have to learn to control the throttle a bit and trim it down for the kid.

PS - And I have between now and whenever it comes back in stock to change my mind...lol
Old 12-30-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

easy solution...
buy them both
Old 12-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Tech Rookie

I wish, but no looking to spend a grand at the moment :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.