Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Hi GUYS!!! Revo owner here Question about the RB Motor anyone have it? >

Hi GUYS!!! Revo owner here Question about the RB Motor anyone have it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hi GUYS!!! Revo owner here Question about the RB Motor anyone have it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hi GUYS!!! Revo owner here Question about the RB Motor anyone have it?

Hi ya'll New here!!

I have the RB .23 or TM323 on order for my Revo
I could run down the mod list for the revo but I would have a brain sprain..It basically has everything except the extended Chassis Mod.

I have been competitively racing for a year and a half and doing quite well. I have the OS .18 now and with the track I am on it just isnt enough in the straights..bascially I am hammering it on the throttle all the time and can't keep up with the truggies.

this is not due to driving skills as i am driving it as fast as it can go trust me.

so this is my last attempt at trying to keep up with the Truggies by putting this motor in it.

has anyone here done this and raced it competitively?
How has the Revo Fared with it? ran great? problem? blow diffs or trannies? good bad ugly?? LOL

I just want some friendly feedback..

Thanks and the site looks awesome!!

Matt
Old 01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

From what I have seen of the people that are running them (that I have run aginst) is that they have the motor to get it up and goinin in a hurry and with the right gear that should do the job.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The motor has a ton of torque. Switch gearing to a 17/36 combo, and you'll be spanking any truggy out there, even with their big block engines. Power to weight ratio means everything in racing, and Revo's have the weight game, won. You'll be happy with the RB...its made for big tracks with long straights. Steve Slayden used to race a Revo with an RB. I think he switched to an OS 18TM though.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks so far guys!! I will take any advice I can get.

I have a brand new O.S. on the shelf plus the one that is on it..So If its too much I can switch back.

The track we are one was a speed track but now going more technical this season. So it will be nice to have the ability to adapt the engine to the track as we will be doing alot of traveling this year too.

If I can get used to mega tq mega power back to good tq good power switchbacks!! LOL

Matt